Poll

IS IT??

Yes
5 (26.3%)
No
14 (73.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Is your Wii hacked?  (Read 5435 times)

Offline Amatatomba

Re: Is your Wii hacked?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 12:51:13 PM »
Borrow it!

Jesus =P

Anyone know if there's a way to play pirated GCN games on the Wii? There are honestly more GCN games I want to play than Wii games.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
If you own a Wii and play it regularly and it isn't hacked, you're doing it wrong.
Borrow it!

Jesus =P

Anyone know if there's a way to play pirated GCN games on the Wii? There are honestly more GCN games I want to play than Wii games.
I'd just say buy them because they are dirt cheap or find a guide. *cought wiiso.com cough*
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Amatatomba

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »
First party games are still pretty expensive considering how old the GCN is. And I'm really not willing to pay anything for them because I'm not gonna play them enough to justify it & there are other things I'd rather spend money on =P

And idk what Wilso.com is but its all in Japanese or something lol

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »
wiiso*
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
No but this makes me want to, but I don't have a sd card slot on my computer or have a sd card reader. Nor do I want to buy one. =P

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »
No but this makes me want to, but I don't have a sd card slot on my computer or have a sd card reader. Nor do I want to buy one. =P
A card reader is like $20.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 02:11:10 PM »
20 bucks I don't have, tough to get money when you don't have a job.  :-\

Offline DKH

• The Gray Hatter
  • The World Ends With You
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »
^ wrong to both of those; it's illegal regardless. But that's besides the point.
Uh, no, if you own the game, it's not illegal..

Also, if the game system/games for the system are off the market, it isn't illegal either..

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 09:14:33 PM »
Borrow it!

Jesus =P

Find MIOS and install it to your Wii, that's how I did it. Tell us if you have any progress with it.

Offline Amatatomba

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »
I'll let you know when I try it. Probably won't for a while. I got discouraged by the USB Loader not working so now I don't feel like messing with it =P

Plus, for now I'm occupied with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn on my Acekard =P

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
I'll let you know when I try it. Probably won't for a while. I got discouraged by the USB Loader not working so now I don't feel like messing with it =P

Plus, for now I'm occupied with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn on my Acekard =P
I was occupied with that game as well, a couple months ago, on my DSTWO. =P

Yeah, I can't get my USB loader to work either, so I just use discs, since I have about 50 blank ones right next to me, but I haven't used them in about 3 months.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:22:33 PM by HBK »

Offline Amatatomba

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 09:27:09 PM »
I'm gonna try again eventually on my laptop. I was doing it all on my Mac, but the tutorial I was using used PC-only programs so I kind of had to wing it on one part. So maybe that's where I went wrong.

Using discs wouldn't be a problem though, since I do have a whole thing of blank DVDs leftover from when I was gonna burn my movies to disc (not sure why I was gonna do that) but never did.

And so far, DD seems pretty good but I haven't gotten too far. There's so much damn talking in the beginning lol

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »
I'm gonna try again eventually on my laptop. I was doing it all on my Mac, but the tutorial I was using used PC-only programs so I kind of had to wing it on one part. So maybe that's where I went wrong.

And so far, DD seems pretty good but I haven't gotten too far. There's so much damn talking in the beginning lol
That's Golden Sun for ya. =P One of the best DS games, imo.

If you do get your USB loader to work, could you tell me how or give me the tutorial? I have a 2TB external that I planned on using for that purpose, but I've just been putting TV shows and older games on it.

Offline Amatatomba

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 09:40:56 PM »
This is the guide I was using: http://lifehacker.com/5518518/how-to-back-up-and-play-your-wii-games-from-an-external-hard-drive

Since it's from LifeHacker its legit & all which is why I used it. Pretty easy to understand & everything.

Offline Treasure Trawlers

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
^ wrong to both of those; it's illegal regardless. But that's besides the point.
Uh, no, if you own the game, it's not illegal..

Also, if the game system/games for the system are off the market, it isn't illegal either..
Uh, yes, it's illegal regardless..

Lemme quote this:

It is illegal to perform an unauthorized download of copyrighted material in any form whether or not you own a legally distributed copy.

However, it IS legal to copy an officially distributed piece of copyrighted software as a personal backup, as also concluded in the Sony vs. Conexant case that stated:

"Any purchaser of a copyrighted software program must copy the program into the memory of a computer in order to make any use at all of the program. For that reason, 17 U.S.C. Section 117(a)(1) provides that it shall not be an infringement for one who owns a software copy to make another copy"

Though whether or not creating a ROM image specifically is legal has been openly debated. Primarily because of the ruling in Amiga Vs. JS&A Where the use of the PROM Blaster to copy the magnetic catridges was NOT protected by a user's right to copy software.

Whatever the case, it remains illegal, to distribute legally made backups without authorization from the copyright holder.

The rules above apply regardless of any ROM copyright holder's rules and policies. Though no court ruling has tested the concept that purchasing a game might bind the consumer into a legal contract giving the manufacturer the power to apply additional restrictions regarding the game's usage.

Copyright infringement is a criminal offense, but it is typically the responsibility of the copyright holder to initiate any sort of prosecution. However, It is often too difficult or impossible for copyright holders to obtain sufficient information to prosecute individuals who copy and distribute ROM files. Because of this, ROM distribution between individuals is generally considered a safe practice. However, this does not hold true for public file hosting and distribution where the copyright infringer can be identified.

The typical response to copyright infringement is a "cease and desist" letter detailing the copyrights that have been violated, and informing the infringer that failure to remove the content will result in legal action. Extreme cases of copyright infringement may be considered a federal offense which could result in up to ten years imprisonment(see the No Electronic Theft Act, 18 U.S.C. 2319).