Author Topic: Day at the Races (Mario Party 2)  (Read 7858 times)

Offline Paper Peach

• Mario Party Princess!
Day at the Races (Mario Party 2)
« on: November 28, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »

Day At The Races is a battle Mini-Game involving the players choosing a computer character race for them in a bookmakers-style of gameplay. It involves the players choosing one of the four characters, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.

Whomp Walks fast but falls over and takes a long time to get up.
Thwomp Rises above the floor and jumps forward but then drops down and takes a long time to get up.
Boo Disappears and then reappears a lot further than before, but gets his face stuck in the ground sometimes.
Bob-omb Starts a spark running from its fuse and moves very fast but occasionally falls over.

This is my favorite Mini-Game in Mario Party 2, I love choosing a character, and when I'm playing with my friends we get all exited, when the characters are racing, I just hate it that, just about to win my characters trips, gets stuck etc. at the last second but besides that I love this Mini-Game.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Day at the Races (Mario Party 2)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 06:28:28 PM »
This was epic. Sure, it's chance and a Battle minigame, but still, epic fun.

I liked picking Boo where possible, from memory.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »
This was epic. Sure, it's chance and a Battle minigame, but still, epic fun.

I liked picking Boo where possible, from memory.
Basically this. Mostly, Boo has a good chance of winning here.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 06:42:38 AM »
I can never choose Boo... everytime I play this mini-game; for some reason, I get the last pick... so i'm always stuck with Whomp or Thwomp... Thwomp does a lot better than Whomp though. =P

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:07:25 AM »
I remember this, I always tried to pick boo since he's the best out there, Bob-omb was probably my second choice.

Offline Mizore_Ice

• HELLO AEGIS-KUN
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »
Bob-omb was the best here. Second being Boo. I like the mini-game! I just hope that I won't be forced to choose Thwomp or Whomp.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »
Bob-omb was the best here. Second being Boo. I like the mini-game! I just hope that I won't be forced to choose Thwomp or Whomp.
My thought's exactly. Bob-omb was fast, but I hated when he fell. I usually had to be the third player to pick, but I sometimes got lucky.

Offline Daisy Til Alexandros XVII

• Cloud, Lightning, and Zack
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
I hated this mini-game. When it was mt turn to pick and boo was available I would always pick him since I thought he was the one who wins all the time lol
A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.

Offline 12socc3r45

• has had a great experience, but now must progress to a higher level
  • So awesome.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
I actually would consider this quite near the top, despite the luck factor, but at least it's not completely luck-based like a certain Battle Minigame in MP8.
I know how to drive. Step on the gas pedal, turn with the wheel, and hit as many pedestrians as you can!
   Sig Status: Pending

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »
For some reason I always liked taking Whomp...then again he was usually the only character left when my turn to pick came. :P
rip dinosaur

Offline The 3 K. Kids

• The awesomeness of Koopas
  • Masters of the Mario Party Interleague
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »
I hate  this minigame. First off, the majority of the time I never get to pick my character, and second, it's luck based. It's really easy to lose a lot of coins.
"i'm red!"
"i'm green!" "I'm the handsome one!" What's the difference?