Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 2  (Read 4931 times)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
Super Mario Bros. 2
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

This topic is for Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Advance (they're the same). I have Super Mario Advance and I LOVE it, the only problem with the game is it doesn't fit in the line with the other Super Mario Bros. games. But that doesn't make it a bad game, it's fun as heck. Toad and Peach are my favorites, Peach for the levels for jumping, and Toad for picking up the vegetables faster. =P

Anyway, your opinion?

Offline Colyton

• ca 
Re: Super Mario Bros. 2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 06:21:15 PM »
I tried this game, I think, in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl masterpieces, it was a little fun minute or secs, I haven't play it though, it was just a try.

Offline Milla Maxwell

• Sent by the gods
  • 貰った!始まりの力、手の内に! 我が導となり、こじ開けなさい! スプリ
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:27:15 PM »
I have Super Mario Advance and it is a pretty good game. The controls are very easy, the music and graphics are very nice, and the platforming is challenging yet fun. I obviously only use Peach... =P The only complaint I have about this game is that you can't replay past levels you played before on the same save file.  >:(

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
I have Super Mario Advance and it is a pretty good game. The controls are very easy, the music and graphics are very nice, and the platforming is challenging yet fun. I obviously only use Peach... =P The only complaint I have about this game is that you can't replay past levels you played before on the same save file.  >:(
What are you talking about? You can. =P After you beat the game, you do the Yoshi Challenge, in which you can play any level.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »
TOO HARD. DO NOT WANT.

Last time I played this I was like 8, if I could get my SNES working again then I could play it. :P
hey

Offline Yoshi1

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »
I have the SMA one. I liked it. I thought it was fun, especially Peach because you get to glide. The weird thing is it's one of the only Mario games without Bowser...

Offline Billy12510

• Guess what? I'm still Quizmaster!
  • The only Forumer who doesn't know what he's doing
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 12:21:58 PM »
What do you mean you can't play past levels on the same save file? I do that all the time, just hit left or right on the control pad to choose the level you want to play, they have to be unlocked first though. And what's the Yoshi Challenge? Does it have to do with the Ace Coins?

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 02:28:12 AM »
This game was challenging for 100%, but until I got a guide book, it was piece of cake.

Game overall was great, though. I particularly enjoyed using Toad here, because he picks objects very quickly.

It should have been Super Toad Bros. 2 or something...

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »
I wasn't too much of a fan of this game. It reminds me of Zelda and Zelda 2 on NES. They changed the type of playing on it and didn't improve the entertainment, imo.

Offline Joey

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 12:03:37 AM »
A fun sidescroller, even if it isn't a classic "mario" game. I've had fun with it over the years. And it was cool how each character had their own style, and when I'd get annoyed and just wanted to go through a level easier I'd just pick Princess and float on by.  :-D

It's actually the only smb I don't have for the wii's vc. I have 1,3, and the Japanese 2. Not that its a bad game. If I gave the other 3 a 9/10 I'd maybe give it a 7/10. Not as high, but still a fun above average game. And a nice change of pace if you've been playing the others alot.

Offline Polar

• au 
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
I have this for the GBA and Wii's Virtual Console. I love this game so much, it is just a blast to play and I always picked Peach because she could float.

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
I like how every character have their unique ability, i use to pick peach or luigi. Peach becuase she can float and luigi because he jump the highest. Sadly i do not play this as much but still a decent game.

Offline charles109

• us 
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »
This is a great game to play. I got this game as part of the Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition for the Wii console.

Chubz: Add some freakin' details to your posts.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:14:28 PM by Chubzster »

Offline -Toad-

• The curious Mushroom Retainer
  • "Yahoo!"
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 11:26:37 PM »
Ah, Super Mario Bros. 2...my favourite Super Mario game.

Yes, you heard me right. SMB2 still remains my favourite Mario platformer to date (I especially love the remake from Super Mario Advance). I really do love the unique feel to this game and especially love the selection of four unique playable characters. Creative bosses, different gameplay elements, unique worlds + levels, and unique twists from the standard Mario genre really makes this game have a very big replay value to me.

Wherever its origins came from, this game gets too much unneeded hate from the general Mario fanbase. Sure it played differently; however, it was still a Mario game from its heart. I really do wish Nintendo would remake this game or at least make a sequel to it. If the NSMB series can at least make one more game...a remastered version of SMB2 (USA) is what I would want from it.  :)

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 02:07:20 AM »
I got this game on my 3DS recently and I'm enjoying it; Beat World 2; I was playing and reminiscing as one of the people who was able to tweak it so well and expand upon that universe lie and never come back.
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo: