Author Topic: Last Game You Got?  (Read 174693 times)

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
Re: Last Game You Got?
« Reply #795 on: November 08, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »
Knack (ps4)
Just Cause (360)

So now I get to stare at knack for a week before I play lol
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #796 on: November 10, 2013, 06:29:16 AM »
Picked up Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #797 on: November 14, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »
Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)
Dreamcast controller w/Blue VMU

Only cost me $10. =) Now, I'm off to purchase the Humble Bundle.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #798 on: November 14, 2013, 02:53:16 PM »
Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

Long live the VMUs. The most awesome / totally stupid memory unit ever.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #799 on: November 14, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

Long live the VMUs. The most awesome / totally stupid memory unit ever.
Agreed. If only I had the batteries for them. =P

Humble WB Games Bundle:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman: Arkham City GOTY
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC (w/o the game...for now :P)
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth (w/ DLC)
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #800 on: November 14, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »
s*** they added the original FEAR huh? Guess they must've bought the rights to it. Interesting.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #801 on: November 14, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »
I got Dishonored from GameFly for like $10
Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

well s*** I wish my $10 got me that
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #802 on: November 14, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »
Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

That's what I love about thrift shopping: They can have hidden gems. I found Tales of Destiny for $4 months back, when it goes for $55 on Amazon.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #803 on: November 14, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »
Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

That's what I love about thrift shopping: They can have hidden gems. I found Tales of Destiny for $4 months back, when it goes for $55 on Amazon.
Yo seriously if you find any deals like that you gotta hit me up. I'd be willing to pay you for some of that stuff.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #804 on: November 14, 2013, 08:50:44 PM »
Thrift stores sell video games?

I mean I've gotten some deals at pawn shops but not thrift stores.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #805 on: November 15, 2013, 02:26:50 AM »
Thrift stores sell video games?

I mean I've gotten some deals at pawn shops but not thrift stores.
They sell everything, even a few Kama Sutra books XD (I should know, I use to be a thrift store volunteer). Last year, I got an Atari 2600 with its case, 14 games, with some of their manuals, and all the hookups for $20. I've also bought a Wavebird controller (with its receiver) in prestine condition, without the battery cover, for $8, and an NES with all the hookups, controller, and Tennis for $10. Seriously, that's where I buy about half of my games, if not more. I could make a list of games and gaming accessories I've bought from thrift shopping.

The games that I've been looking all over for (for years) are the Digimon World games (2 & 3). They're too expensive on Amazon, so I'm hoping that someday, I'll find them for cheap.

I actually found Wind Waker for, I think, $6 but decided not to get it. I just wasn't a fan of the game. :P

It's surprising what people donate. Of all my purchases, I cherish the Atari 2600.

Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

Yo seriously if you find any deals like that you gotta hit me up. I'd be willing to pay you for some of that stuff.

I'll definitely let you know, Snowy. Just for future reference, what kind of games would you be looking for? I mostly find games for PS1, PS2, Genesis, NES, SNES, and old PC (like Sims and its many expansions, Diablo I & II, Simcity, and so on). Thrift stores near me don't usually have current-gen games, unless they're sports games.

I usually go thrift shopping every month or so (but pretty frequently during holidays, because that's our holiday tradition), since that's when I usually have a few bucks to spend. It also allows time for them to reel in newer merchandise. I never go when I'm broke because I know I won't be able to afford anything.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #806 on: November 15, 2013, 07:51:45 AM »
Well looks like I'll be going to my local thrift store to check it out soon. :P

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #807 on: November 15, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »
I got The Wolf Within for free~

Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

I'll definitely let you know, Snowy. Just for future reference, what kind of games would you be looking for? I mostly find games for PS1, PS2, Genesis, NES, SNES, and old PC (like Sims and its many expansions, Diablo I & II, Simcity, and so on). Thrift stores near me don't usually have current-gen games, unless they're sports games.

I usually go thrift shopping every month or so (but pretty frequently during holidays, because that's our holiday tradition), since that's when I usually have a few bucks to spend. It also allows time for them to reel in newer merchandise. I never go when I'm broke because I know I won't be able to afford anything.
If you find any cheap Dreamcasts like that again I'll totally take one. Any old PS1 games that are good, and same with SNES games. If you find EarthBound I'll love you forever.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #808 on: November 15, 2013, 06:20:52 PM »
I got The Wolf Within for free~

Rayman (PS1)
Virtua Tennis (DC)
Vanishing Point (DC)

If you find any cheap Dreamcasts like that again I'll totally take one. Any old PS1 games that are good, and same with SNES games. If you find EarthBound I'll love you forever.
Sure thing! I wonder if anybody would be dumb enough to donate Earthbound, but then again, who donates an Atari 2600? :P

I went thrift shopping again, but didn't find as much today. However, I did buy a nice laptop desk, similar to this, so I can finally use my computer (with keyboard and mouse) while sitting on the couch.

I went to a pawn shop and found several games, in excellent condition, that I've been wanting to eventually buy and decided to buy them. It cost me $77, but it was worth it. I got:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360)
Bioshock (PS3)
Bioshock 2 (PS3)
Forza Motorsport 3
Gears of War: Judgment
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Reach

That's $11 per game, which isn't bad. We'll probably wait for a couple of weeks for them to get newer merchandise, but I'm pleased with what I've found this week.

I went to one more store and found Tomb Raider (PS1) and a DS2 controller for $6.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:13:10 PM by Chubzster »

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #809 on: November 16, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Flower (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Resogun

Borrowed Madden 25 for PS4 from work.
Hit me up on twitter.