Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 98864 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2011, 04:05:33 AM »
Quote from: Nintendo Life
Earn Coins by Walking Around With Your 3DS

But what to do with them?

Nintendo clearly wants us to be carrying the upcoming 3DS around with us as much as possible; with the StreetPass feature alone, gamers are being encouraged to take their 3DS systems to the street and see what treats await them simply by passing fellow gamers out in the real world. The incentive doesn't stop there, though.

In connection with the 3DS's built-in Activity Log ― which tracks how many hours you have spent on your precious games, as well as acting as a pedometer, providing graphs and charts which depict your walking habits ― the system will reward gamers with coins based on how far they have traveled on their feet. These coins are then used to access additional content in games.

True, pedometers can be "tricked" into thinking physical walking is being performed, but even cheaters will be carrying their 3DS systems when out and about as there's not a lot of reasons why they shouldn't. Along with the fact that collecting coins isn't the sole purpose of the StreetPass mode, we think (honest or otherwise) Nintendo handheld gamers will be carrying their 3DS systems with them with no qualms whatsoever.

Source

Lol, I think that's a bit silly, but nice. I mean, wtf. Just walk around? Too easy.

Offline 12socc3r45

• has had a great experience, but now must progress to a higher level
  • So awesome.
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2011, 04:48:02 AM »
It's a scheme by Ninty to get people out more.
I know how to drive. Step on the gas pedal, turn with the wheel, and hit as many pedestrians as you can!
   Sig Status: Pending

Offline RurouniTim

« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2011, 06:02:14 AM »
A pedometer for in-game points huh. I guess that sounds cool. I wonder what kind of things passing other people will do.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2011, 05:21:33 PM »
The following quote is only a rumor so far:

Quote from: Nintendo Life
Rumour: 3DS will be Region-Locked According to Nintendo

Following in the footsteps of the DSi and DSi XL?

An email response supposedly from Nintendo JP Support has dashed gamers' hopes of eventually importing games for their 3DS.

As spotted by a member at NeoGAF, the quoted email originally posted on Korean message board Ruliweb speaks of the 3DS and how it locks out foreign games upon detection, making them unplayable. Roughly translated, the message says:

There are no Region codes in DS and DSlite... But DSI, DSILL,3DS has Regioncodes... The Region Codes are installed in each games and the 3DS itself. If the codes dont [sic] match... You cant [sic] play...

Nintendo hasn't officially confirmed nor has it denied whether this is true or not, so until it does, consider this another rumour in the lead-up to the machine's launch in the next couple of months. Hopefully, Nintendo will see itself in a position to tell us if the 3DS will be region-locked or not when the preview events take place next week.

Source

This isn't a problem for me, so I don't mind. For some members like madstarr or RHB might be mad if this happens, but oh well. It's only a rumor, so who knows if this will take into action or not.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2011, 08:50:37 AM »
So what do the coins do?
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2011, 01:42:53 PM »
There's a new DS coming out?

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
So what do the coins do?
Used to access additional content, as far as we know.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
Cool. I'll be the cool kid walking around with my DS. :U
hey

Offline MLYW

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2011, 07:26:32 PM »
If it's just one FC for all games and hand-held, that's fine, otherwise, it's annoying. So I hope not...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:29:18 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
If they do they will once again will throw they're online out the window. ;/
hey

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
Guys.

You're talking about NINTENDO ONLINE.

What do you expect? Honestly?

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
Why would Nintendo even consider friend code? So 5 year olds who play the game won't get molested while playing?
rip dinosaur

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2011, 04:30:13 AM »
Why would Nintendo even consider friend code? So 5 year olds who play the game won't get molested while playing?

That's more of a problem in Japan than here ironically. :P

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »

That's more of a problem in Japan than here ironically. :P
That's not really ironic, those Japanese people can be creepy :-\
rip dinosaur