Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 99034 times)

Offline Q

• Resident forum god-like being
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19:17 PM »
The 3DS will not arrive this year in North America. This is a Q guarantee.
Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me  Cause we need a little controversy  Cause it feels so empty without me

Offline Relx

• au 
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2010, 06:29:06 AM »
Worldwide would be good.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:50:38 PM by Relxhive35 »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline madstarr12

• Not worthy of holding the "Owl" name....
  • Toad
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
Hmm. I pretty much e-mailed a Nintendo rep asking about release dates, and they said something very interesting.

"What we mean when we at Nintendo say that the Nintendo 3DS will be out "by March 2011," we are saying that by that date, the Nintendo 3DS would already have been launched for some time. We just put that launch date on the table so that no one could explicitly know the exact date for launch. Rest assured, that the Nintendo 3DS will be released sometime inbetween October and March depending on how fast developers at Nintendo of Japan HQ finish the machine. We can't tell you the exact state of tthe 3DS, but it is nearing completion in terms of hardware and software. This is the only information I'm able to give to you as of right now, as release dates will most certainly be announced at the end of September."

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »
The 3DS will not arrive this year in North America. This is a Q guarantee.
Yeah.

I bet we will be waiting until sometime in April or May next year to get it. That means I'll be getting it for my birthday. :D
hey

Offline HyperHalcyon

• This is intriguing indeed.
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »
I really can't wait until it comes out and stuff. Looks like the 3DS has a little joystick to it almost.

Offline Charizard632

• I feel sorry for what I have done in the past.
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
Hmm. I pretty much e-mailed a Nintendo rep asking about release dates, and they said something very interesting.

"What we mean when we at Nintendo say that the Nintendo 3DS will be out "by March 2011," we are saying that by that date, the Nintendo 3DS would already have been launched for some time. We just put that launch date on the table so that no one could explicitly know the exact date for launch. Rest assured, that the Nintendo 3DS will be released sometime inbetween October and March depending on how fast developers at Nintendo of Japan HQ finish the machine. We can't tell you the exact state of tthe 3DS, but it is nearing completion in terms of hardware and software. This is the only information I'm able to give to you as of right now, as release dates will most certainly be announced at the end of September."

March 2011... That's the same month and year Pokemon Black and White will be released! In the United States. They will probably be the last sucessful Nintendo DS game, as the Nintendo 3DS makes its enterance to the USA.
Disturbance Meter: 10
Try not to turn it up to 10. I will feel really bad for myself.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
March 2011... That's the same month and year Pokemon Black and White will be released! In the United States. They will probably be the last sucessful Nintendo DS game, as the Nintendo 3DS makes its enterance to the USA.
It's still 'Spring 2011'. So we don't know when it'll be out.

B/W will probably be the last good DS game, before DS production slows down. I doubt they'll still keep the DS around much longer but we'll see.
hey

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
I got a group of High Quality pictures to compare Mario Kart 3DS, Mario Kart DD, and Mario Kart Wii in terms of graphics comparisons

Mario Kart 3DS

Mario Kart Wii

MK3DS

MKDD

I think that the MK3DS graphics are better than the MKDD graphics, and the MKWii graphics. The 1st MK3DS pic shows Mario and the next pic shows an image of MKWii with Mario basically in the same position (almost). What i can see, is that Mario's head looks a bit more rounder than in Mario Kart Wii's image. The same goes for the 2nd MK3DS image and the MKDD image. Less blockier and more smooth. What do you guy's think of this comparison? Does the 3DS have better visuals than the preceding systems like the Wii and GC?

Offline MLYW

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »
The 3DS does seems to have better visuals than the GC but the textures don't look as good as the Wii one. Those screens are all from a tech demo. Only good comparison would be Kid Icarus: Uprising. The graphics can only get better as the games become more complete.

Offline Milla Maxwell

• Sent by the gods
  • 貰った!始まりの力、手の内に! 我が導となり、こじ開けなさい! スプリ
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »
Since the 3DS is more powerful than the Wii the graphics look sharper and smoother looking at the screenshots. The textures look okay... Does anyone know if the 3DS has HD graphics?

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2010, 12:32:29 AM »
The 3DS does seems to have better visuals than the GC but the textures don't look as good as the Wii one. Those screens are all from a tech demo. Only good comparison would be Kid Icarus: Uprising. The graphics can only get better as the games become more complete.
I think that the 3ds graphics look bad at a larger resolution. I photoshopped the MK3DS screens to a higher resolution to try to hide some of the jaggyness, but I guess it didn't work. It's true that the graphics are going to get better, but they really don't seem as detailed as something like Resident Evil. Comparing the amount of detail on RE and MK3DS makes MK3DS look a bit behind. Probably because RE is already in later stages of developments than MK3DS is. To me, the 1st party Nintendo titles aren't very impressive as much as others. Even with a Nintendo game like Kid Icarus which is probably about 30-50% complete. Unfortuantely, I'm dissapointed at the Kid Icarus Graphics. The game is probably not complete yet, but the game has minimal amounts of shading and contrast with shadows and surrounding detail and I'm not sure it'll change much. But hey, I can't ppredict the future.

Since the 3DS is more powerful than the Wii the graphics look sharper and smoother looking at the screenshots. The textures look okay... Does anyone know if the 3DS has HD graphics?

What do you mean "HD" graphics? 400x240 is about 2.2/10 of full HD (yes, I did the math). If you mean that if it has graphics similar to the HD consoles, then it depends on the game. If you look at a game like Mario Kart, not so much. But to a game like Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid, then yes, close to the HD consoles in graphics. But expect them to look better in the coming months. But if we can find out more specs on the system than what we already have, we can really see what it's capable of. So far, we know that the GPU is a Pica200 clocked @ 400mhz. But we don't know the CPU, or the amount of RAM, which are two of the most important things needed for determining graphics power. All we know, is that the CPU is probably above 400mhz since CPU's are usually clocked faster than GPU's. Since the graphics probably exceed GC, it'll be safe to say that it's above 495mhz, which is the GC's CPU speed. It could possibly have better visuals than Wii since the Wii's GPU is at 243mhz. Here's what that Pica200 chip is capable of, you probably already seen it:

Offline HyperHalcyon

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »

Pic to see what it looks like.

5 colors: Red, Blue, Black, Orange, and Purple

Offline Relx

• au 
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »
I can't wait for the price and the release date!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MLYW

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
We already posted the picture and the only colors are Red, Blue and Black...

Offline HyperHalcyon

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
They also announced Orange and Purple too at the E3 2010...