Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 98965 times)

Offline MLYW

Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
Here's pictures of the 3 colors.

Specs:
Size (when closed):
Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
Weight:
Approximately 8 ounces.
Look:
Final design is TBA.
Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
Cameras:
One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
Pre-Installed Software:
TBA
Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
2 GB Max. at launch.
Wireless Communication:
Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.

Game Controls:
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.

Other Input Controls:
3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.

Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Sound:
Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.

Battery:
Lithium ion battery details TBA.

Languages:
TBA

Parental Controls:
Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 10:41:14 PM »
I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. It looks really good, and I am so getting this. I hope it sells out well. :P

Offline madstarr12

• Not worthy of holding the "Owl" name....
  • Toad
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
Looks pretty sweet to me. I gave bad credit for what it really looks like. But still...it pisses me off that Nintendo would release basically an updated version of the Nintendo DS...

Not exactly. It's not ANOTHER DS, it's the successor to the DS. It would be odd to leave behind the dual screens when thinking of a successor to a system with dual screens.

Now from DS/Lite to DSi is an upgrade to the DS because it uses similar looks, and uses the same games (97% of them). It's just an upgrade when you are talking about going from 67mhz to 133mhz or from 3in to 3.25in or from 4 brightness to 5 brightness, or even from DS menu to DSi menu. All and all, it's just an upgrade since it uses similar technology and works with the same games.

From DS to 3DS is another story. It's not simply an upgrade because of the large-scale changes to the system. From 67mhz to (from what I've heard) about 2.5ghz is a big change, from 4:3 to 16:9 is a difference (welll, on the top screen ;) ), from a 256x192 camera to a 640x480 camera resolution is a bbig change, from 2D to 3D dimensions wouldn't just be an upgrade. Going from no motion sensing to having motion sensing and gyro sensing isn't for an everyday upgrade. And going from a maximum 512megabyte card to a 2+GB gamecard is a large difference.

Sorry, I had to explain. XD

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 01:04:21 AM »
Remind me what a gyro sensor is again. ^_^"

The Home button on the Bottom Screen reminds me of the Wii's bottom screen. :P
Did they move the vol. control slider onto the top screen?
And the 360 degree slider looks awesome - though it repositions the left hand for Dpad games, making Dpad + L button play difficult...
That power button is precariously positioned - hopefully it has the 1 second press delay, otherwise... :\

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »
"A gyroscope is a device for measuring or maintaining orientation, based on the principles of conservation of angular momentum."

Lol, I'm not sure that it helps. ^_^

And I have been researching a bit on some games that are going to be on 3DS, and their release dates are interesting. I think that the 3DS will come this year possibly in the US first according to some release dates for some games. For example, on GameSpot, Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy is TBA 2010, which possibly means that the game will launch sometime this year. Which means that the 3DS could release this year for the US. It can't be released just in Japan this year, because Japan doesn't get these Assassin's Creed games and if they do, they never get it first. It always comes first in North America. I don't know, but it sounds like a possibility.

And here's the 3DS game case!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:29:02 PM by madstarr »

Offline Relx

• au 
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 02:38:45 AM »
Spoiler: The game card (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:52:56 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
In the EB Games Australian website, the 3DS is priced at 348$ australian dollars. That's equivalent to 302 USD. I Hope that's not true. That's too much.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50:38 PM »
For a release price, given the tech in it, it's probably just a tad too much. But the prices will fall eventually, won't they?

Relx, reduce the size of your last image - it's too big.

VSM: I spolierized the image.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:53:39 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Paper Peach

• Mario Party Princess!
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 11:37:57 AM »
I saw the 3DS image on another site and it doesn't look like a sucessor to me it just looks like an average DSI escept diferent shape and extra butons

Offline Relx

• au 
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »
News: 3DS fixes Nintendo's piracy problem - THQ - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

"I actually asked Nintendo to explain the technology and they said it's very difficult to do so because it's so sophisticated," he continued. "They combated the piracy on Dsi, which they don't believe is cracked yet - but they know they've been hurt across the world and they believe the 3DS has got technology that can stop that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Milla Maxwell

• Sent by the gods
  • 貰った!始まりの力、手の内に! 我が導となり、こじ開けなさい! スプリ
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2010, 12:07:51 AM »
Looks like if the 3DS games are cartridges then that means there will be no loading time which is really rare for a system stronger than the Wii... Anyway I hope 3DS games don't lag like PSP games do since a lot of PSP games have a lot lag at most times. >.>

Offline Ana Ng

• Yesterday's Tinsel
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010, 04:34:46 AM »
I must admit, I am not a fan of the 3D function - what ever happened to good old 2D, eh? Back in the day, I tell you, we didn't need all these flashy 3D effects. But I am looking forward to the line-up of games it has.

Offline Tornado Kirby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010, 09:09:50 AM »
I can't wait until this is released!!
Click the link!!!
 http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?75959  Expirence Meter: 300 / 1000 If it's full, Kirby gets a new ability!

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 09:18:52 AM »
Um, the PSP games don't lag.

I've been playing them/pirating them for a good 2 years and I've only had it lag once and that was because it was a crappy rip of the game.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Um, the PSP games don't lag.

I've been playing them/pirating them for a good 2 years and I've only had it lag once and that was because it was a crappy rip of the game.

Some do. Well, pirated games not as much because there's no on-board loader like for UMD's and there's no problems with things like dust or small particles like for UMD's, but most major games do lag terribly. Besides, there are barely any 60fps games on PSP in fact, I can't think of any.  ;/