Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 98853 times)

Offline Imena Bez

• cs 
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
I'm not crazy about the updates, but I'm not even sure if I could, since certain services are not available in my region, one of them possibly being the internet. I'm dissapointed in Nintendo with this, they make some fun features and won't let me use it, what's the point? In Europe, nearly half of the countries do not support Street Pass and Spot Pass, one of them being my country as well, which I think is pretty unfair...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #496 on: August 05, 2013, 07:55:07 PM »
Version 6.2.0-12U is now live! StreetPass Relay is now available! Go to your Nintendo Zone locations, such as Best Buy, Starbucks, McDonald's, etc. to see if you can get someone else who has passed by!

Quote from: Details
Version 6.2.0-12U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Added support for the StreetPass relay feature:
  • The Streetpass relay feature relays StreetPass data from one user that passes a Nintendo Zone to the next user that passes the same Nintendo Zone
  • For more information on this feature, click here.
Improved system stability and usability:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
StreetPass relay points are located at Nintendo Zones all across the country. When a Nintendo 3DS user gets near a StreetPass relay point, it automatically stores his or her StreetPass data temporarily and then passes it on to the next Nintendo 3DS user to pass by the same relay point.

StreetPass relay points temporarily store StreetPass data for various games each time a Nintendo 3DS user passes by. This means you can get StreetPass data for several games at once.

Notes:
  • You must have your 3DS updated to system version 6.2.0- 0U or higher to take advantage of the StreetPass relay feature. (How to)
  • Your Nintendo 3DS must be in Sleep Mode (powered on and closed) to exchange StreetPass data.
  • You will not receive any StreetPass data from the relay point if you are the first person to pass with a specific game's StreetPass data or if the relay point currently has your StreetPass data.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
A system update later this month/early December will come to 3DS and will provide Miiverse functionality. Also, the update will also allow you to link your Nintendo Network ID on 3DS with your Wii U, so that you can combine your money balance together. Be careful, because one NNID will work on your 3DS, and there's no word if you make an error. Make sure your ID is the same!

Details on NNID for 3DS.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #498 on: November 15, 2013, 02:18:44 AM »
Update: Go to your Nintendo Zone at participating retailers to get the Olympic Mii!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #499 on: November 19, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »
Update: Go to your Nintendo Zone at participating retailers to get the Olympic Mii!
If you haven't done so yet, the last day to get her is Friday, November 22, 2013.

A new special Mii will be available at your Nintendo Zone location on Friday, November 22, 2013 to commemorate the release of Super Mario 3D World! Koizumi! Bill Trinen shouts to you: Get his Mii on launch day!

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #500 on: November 19, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
I wish they would just give the mii's out over WiFi like they had before. I don't want to go to McDonald's just to get a Mii.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #501 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »
I wish they would just give the mii's out over WiFi like they had before. I don't want to go to McDonald's just to get a Mii.
Same, but I like the fact that they want you to go out with your 3DS. They want you to go out to a Nintendo Zone location to get the special Mii and utilize StreetPass Relays. Since E3 2013, I've taken my 3DS out with me a lot more than I did during the first two years after the launch of Nintendo 3DS.

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #502 on: November 19, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
I bring my 3DS to me with school every day. :P

Usually get two-three hits a day. Sometimes I'll get like 5-7 if I'm lucky.

Offline Detective Koshi

• Dont Cry Because Its Over, Smile Cause It Happened
  • us 
« Reply #503 on: November 23, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »
I'm still in the process of attempting to get one  :-\ ::) :P

Be Who You Are, And Say What You Mean, because Those Who Matter Don't Mind, and Those Who Mind, Don't Matter-Dr.Seuss  :star: Live Your Life How You Want :bluestar:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #504 on: November 25, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »
For those of you thinking about upgrading or want an XL over a regular, Target is offering a 3DS XL system for only $149.99 on Black Friday.

Quote from: Press Release
Target Black Friday Deal: At Target, shoppers can pick up a Nintendo 3DS XL system for just $149.99. (Nov. 29)

Sounds like a great deal if you ask me; you're saving yourself $50.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• Iggy Koopa Lover ~ <3
  • ca 
« Reply #505 on: November 25, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »
For those of you thinking about upgrading or want an XL over a regular, Target is offering a 3DS XL system for only $149.99 on Black Friday.

Target Black Friday Deal: At Target, shoppers can pick up a Nintendo 3DS XL system for just $149.99. (Nov. 29)

...I already have mine though and with my limited edition I guess I do prefer that anyways. But yeah, $50 less would have been a great deal (if it's around all America though).
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #506 on: November 26, 2013, 12:37:03 PM »

If they were doing some kind of trade-in program I would do that. But I want to keep all my downloads and stuff.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #507 on: November 30, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »
Youtube 3DS app is available now, but the quality is very low. 
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #508 on: December 09, 2013, 09:39:33 PM »
The latest firmware update is live guys!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #509 on: December 09, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »
Version 7.0.0-13 Update Details:

Quote from: Details
Version 7.0.0-13U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Added Support for Nintendo Network IDs:

Users can now create or link a Nintendo Network ID, which is required to use some network services, from within System Settings
Nintendo eShop has been updated to support Nintendo Network IDs (*1)
For more information regarding Nintendo Network IDs, please visit our Nintendo Network ID introduction page
Added Support for Miiverse:

Users can now view and post to Miiverse from Nintendo 3DS family systems
For more information regarding Miiverse, please visit our Miiverse introduction page
Added a Software Update Notification:

A notification will now display when software is started and update data is available (*2)
Removed the limit to system transfers:

The previous limit of five system transfers per system has been removed
Changed the start-up method of Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu:

Pressing the L and R Buttons simultaneously will now start the Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu
Improved system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

*1 Credit card information stored on the Nintendo eShop will be deleted after this update is performed or after linking a new Nintendo Network ID
*2 SpotPass must be enabled to use this feature
Miiverse is now added and you can connect/link your Nintendo Network ID with your Wii U (make sure it's the same as Wii U) or create a new ID if you do not have a Wii U.

They also removed the system transfer limit. Meaning you can transfer as many times as you want to.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:27:03 PM by Vipsoccermaster »