Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 99301 times)

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »
Only online I have is Super Street Fighter IV 3D, so far with the friends thing Hunt. First on the home menu there is an icon that if you click that will bring up the friends list. There you see your friends. When a friend comes online a little orange light next to the R button will light up. So that's how you would know someone is online. So far there is no messaging system where you can communicate with each other. Just something similar to the 360's motto. For playing online with each other, you'd have to talk to them some other way because chances are that people can't read your mind that you want to play with them. :P I've play SSFIV3D with Berry and it worked fine, it's kind of like 360/PS3 without the messaging. Which is badly needed too.

Offline HuntMac

« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2011, 04:17:28 PM »
Ah, so there is no online Picto-Chat with friends yet? I guess it's kinda cool to just see friends on in general? Can you see what they are playing through the game?

Like if you're playing Street Fighter, you see the orange light, and then you can go see what it is inside Street Fighter? Or do you have to reboot back to the main menu/home screen of the 3DS to see that information?

Cause if you can see in-game, then you can see that Snowy is playing (just an example) Mario Kart 3DS while you're playing Street Fighter, then you could just turn off your system, start playing Mario Kart 3DS (then Snowy would get the notification that you're back on) and maybe get the hint that way that you want to play online with him.

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #377 on: April 30, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »
Yeah you do see what your friends are playing, and with the light it'll show up regardless they are playing the same game as you are not.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »
Ah, so there is no online Picto-Chat with friends yet? I guess it's kinda cool to just see friends on in general? Can you see what they are playing through the game?

Like if you're playing Street Fighter, you see the orange light, and then you can go see what it is inside Street Fighter? Or do you have to reboot back to the main menu/home screen of the 3DS to see that information?

Cause if you can see in-game, then you can see that Snowy is playing (just an example) Mario Kart 3DS while you're playing Street Fighter, then you could just turn off your system, start playing Mario Kart 3DS (then Snowy would get the notification that you're back on) and maybe get the hint that way that you want to play online with him.
You can just go to the home menu and pop out the game and put the other in.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline HuntMac

« Reply #379 on: April 30, 2011, 04:32:22 PM »
That would probably be the best way to notify the other person for now. Not even something like a 3DS Animal Crossing would help :P Like if you sent them mail while they were playing to let them know for another game because they wouldn't get it the same day? haha

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2011, 01:17:45 PM »
A little warning, DON'T BUY A 3DS WITHOUT BUYING A GAME WITH IT. I couldn't afford a game  when I bought my 3DS, and I'm bored waiting for either the Eshop update or somone to give me a game for my birthday.
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #381 on: May 15, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »
A little warning, DON'T BUY A 3DS WITHOUT BUYING A GAME WITH IT. I couldn't afford a game  when I bought my 3DS, and I'm bored waiting for either the Eshop update or somone to give me a game for my birthday.
Um, the built in games on the 3DS are great.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #382 on: May 15, 2011, 07:08:42 AM »
Ditto to that; I've been playing Face Raiders and AR Games, along with New Super Mario Bros.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:31 AM »
Ditto to that; I've been playing Face Raiders and AR Games, along with New Super Mario Bros.
Face Raiders is GREAT for a free game.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »
It's nice of Nintendo to give us free games to play (or at least give us games to play included on/with their systems), unlike Sony or Microsoft, where you have to purchase a game seperately. I can't wait for them to give us the free Excitebike game since it's one of my classic favorites. 

Offline HuntMac

« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »
Glad I didn't post after he did,  cause the first thing I thought of was, "Uh, Duh?" And then the analogy of buying any other system without buying a game with it plus the additional "What, Pictochat isn't fun?"

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #386 on: May 16, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
Glad I didn't post after he did,  cause the first thing I thought of was, "Uh, Duh?" And then the analogy of buying any other system without buying a game with it plus the additional "What, Pictochat isn't fun?"
IT ISN'T?!

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2011, 12:58:59 PM »
It's nice of Nintendo to give us free games to play (or at least give us games to play included on/with their systems), unlike Sony or Microsoft, where you have to purchase a game seperately. I can't wait for them to give us the free Excitebike game since it's one of my classic favorites.
Oh yeah, but I beat them almost completly after a month. I'll admitt though when I first got a 3DS the built in games was the coolest thing ever.
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2011, 08:38:13 AM »
Well this is stupid, I charged my 3DS battery overnight in my sleep and when I woke up it was still charging. >:/

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51:12 AM »
Well this is stupid, I charged my 3DS battery overnight in my sleep and when I woke up it was still charging. >:/
You're not the only one. A lot of people who updated their system last week are experiencing this. So am I. It might have something to do with the update. Hopefully Nintendo can fix this, but we never know.