Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 98882 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2011, 04:17:30 PM »
But wait, there's more.

Quote from: Nintendo Life
Nintendo Likely to Retain Price Control in 3DS eShop

Posted Tue, 22 Mar 2011 by James Newton

Still no price cuts?

In many other digital store fronts, the content provider gets to choose the prices, but Nintendo sets the price of all content on its WiiWare and DSiWare stores. With the company promising the 3DS eShop will be better, it appears we'll still see games priced by Nintendo, rather than the publisher.

In an interview with Wired, 3DS hardware man Hideki Konno revealed it's unlikely publishers will have control of their prices:

If what youre coming up with [is something like] the Apple iTunes store, where people can freely set their prices, I dont think thats going to be the case. Id be a little sad to see if there was a product that I worked on for a couple of years go on sale for a buck.

Perhaps if the developer and publisher decided to sell a game for $1 as part of a business strategy there wouldn't be such need for sadness. Konno didn't confirm whether or not temporary sales would form part of the eShop's arsenal, but it seems unlikely at this stage.

Do you think Nintendo is doing the right thing by maintaining final say over pricing? Would you rather publishers were able to decide how much their product is worth?

Source

I don't mind how much they cost to buy, but I don't want to see them too expensive.

Offline EviSean

• england 
« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »
Europe gets the 3DS 2 days earlier correct? Oh well, I'm not getting one anyway.

Offline Polar

• au 
« Reply #332 on: March 22, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Yes only 8 days left of waiting!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »
Europe gets the 3DS 2 days earlier correct? Oh well, I'm not getting one anyway.
Europe gets theirs on Friday, March 25, 2011, and North America gets theirs on Sunday, March 27, 2011. So yeah, 2 days earlier.

Yes only 8 days left of waiting!
And Australians get theirs on Thursday, March 31, 2011.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2011, 07:19:20 PM »
Lol, Ridge Racer 3D realeased today so I get mine in the mail tomorrow. This is gonna suck I'm going to have a 3DS game I can't play till next week.  :'(

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
Lol, Ridge Racer 3D realeased today so I get mine in the mail tomorrow. This is gonna suck I'm going to have a 3DS game I can't play till next week.  :'(
At least you don't have to pay more than you would have, I think.

Quote from: Nintendo Life
Nintendo Uncertain Whether 3DS Demos will be Worth the Effort

Posted Tue, 22 Mar 2011 by Trevor Chan

Hideki Konno ponders...

The 3DS has shown a rather cautious side to Nintendo: from the delayed roll out of the eShop, to the sophisticated anti-piracy measures that can't be put into words, to safety warnings for young children, Nintendo has most of the bases covered. So much so, Nintendo is even considering whether 3DS demos are worth the company's resources or not.

Speaking to Wired, producer Hideki Konno spoke about the 3DS's ability to provide software demos as "technically feasible", but questioned how effective they would be in motivating gamers to buy the full product:

I question whether or not demos are effective... There are cases where people play a demo game and theyre satisfied with that play experience and they dont buy the game... There are also times when they play a demo and think, Wow, this is great, Im going to buy this when I have the chance. So whether or not its an effective use of resources, Im not sure.

Konno does note, however, that demos or even full games could be pushed to 3DS systems automatically via the SpotPass mode. Another possible addition to the overall functionality of the 3DS is the ability to text chat. Gamers can exchange their 3DS-specific Friend Codes and add others to their friends list, but there's currently not a lot you can do with your online chums. Gamers can see who else are online, what game they are playing, but there's no method of interaction or communication. When asked if a text chat feature would be good to have, Konno replied:

We are going to be making updates to the system, and I think thats something that would be really interesting to do...

Source

If there were to be demos, I think it would really help 3DS owners decide if they want to buy the full game.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:29:39 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »
^ It wasn't any less expensive than any other game, so I don't know what your thinking.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »
^ It wasn't any less expensive than any other game, so I don't know what your thinking.
What I thought you would have to pay more money if you waited until then. But since you got Ridge Racer 3DS already, you didn't have to worry about paying more if you waited.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »
...I never recall Nintendo offering discounts for pre-release. >_> Pre-release usu. is BONUS CONTENT not cheper price.

And VIP, game prices FALL over time >_>

Demos only really suit the market of casual gamers. For h'core or more-than-casual, reading the game blurb suffices.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »
Pre Order Nintendo 3DS off amazon.com and receive a 25$ 3DS game credit for any of the launch games. Also Pre  order any launch game and receive a 10$ Game credit for a second game. In the end I get to order another 3DS game for 5$.  ;D

Offline EviSean

• england 
« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »
Well, the 3DS is out tommorow here, am I going to get one? Not now, but maybe when it goes down in price.

Offline EviSean

• england 
« Reply #341 on: March 25, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
The 3DS has been released in Europe, on the same day as the Ipad2.

Apparently regular DS games look worse than normal when play on the 3DS due to the screen resolutions

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #342 on: March 25, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
Online gaming publication CVG recently wrote an informative article titled 23 things you should know about the Nintendo 3DS and included in the feature is some very interesting information regarding a Wi-Fi based messaging system for the Nintendo 3DS.

Whats the friend list?

It shows any friend (yes) with whom youve exchanged your friend code. This can be done locally with a button press (which takes a second) or by typing in codes youve swapped elsewhere. When mates play online youll see their Mii playing a tiny 3DS (this wont work for old DS games). Youll also be able to use Wi-Fi messaging.

And what is Wi-Fi messaging?

Sad news: PictoChat is dead. Good news: its been replaced with a true online chat forum. Messaging gives you the same doodling/writing capabilities as those in PictoChat, only this time you communicate with online friends. Now youll be able to tell your mates exactly what you thought of that Mario Kart blue shell on the finish line.

YES
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #343 on: March 25, 2011, 01:14:56 PM »
No voice chat, but I guess it's a good start.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #344 on: March 25, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »
Most games have voice chat already.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.