Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 98952 times)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
You dun know how to play dis gaem? RTFM byotch. :p

I suppose the game could have a manual in the cartridge itself. Owait, that's 3MB wasted. :p

Also, apparently 99% of people will see the 3D effect when using the 3DS. As for the other 1%... :p

(too lazy to locate source, read it in mX newspaper [Melb] Wed 16 Feb 2011)

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #301 on: February 17, 2011, 01:47:14 AM »
Quote from: Nintendo Life
Current Nintendo Points will be Useless on the 3DS

Compatible prepaid point cards coming later

Although the 3DS will provide gamers with a less cumbersome Friend Codes system than what is currently in place, the eShop might be a different story altogether.

According to Nintendo, the 3DS will utilise a different virtual currency than the Nintendo Points we are already using for our WiiWare and DSiWare purchases. As translated by Kotaku, the Japanese Nintendo website states that Nintendo Points will not be usable on the 3DS and dedicated prepaid point cards will launch at a later date.

This will inevitably cause some gamers minor annoyance as it's not uncommon to have points left over when buying cards for WiiWare/DSiWare titles. At least the latter will still be purchasable via the eShop, making the new point cards just a little bit more widely accepted than if they were just for 3DSWare.

Source

This is not an issue for me at all, because I have never bought things from the WiiWare, the DSWare or anything that costs Nintendo Points.

Is it an issue for you?

• au 
« Reply #302 on: February 17, 2011, 01:55:27 AM »
They could just as easily do away with a points system altogether. :p

I hope Nintendo tries to have a converter sooner or later. <<

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline 12socc3r45

• has had a great experience, but now must progress to a higher level
  • So awesome.
« Reply #303 on: February 17, 2011, 01:57:55 AM »
Thirds VIP, never get any of them. I do have some stuff from WSC, but that's add-ons to the Wii that cost nothing but blocks.
I know how to drive. Step on the gas pedal, turn with the wheel, and hit as many pedestrians as you can!
   Sig Status: Pending

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #304 on: February 17, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »

3DS Comes with Mario, Pikmin, Kirby, Link and Samus

In card form, anyway

Last month we brought you a report on the 3DS's built-in software, in which we played one of the six augmented reality games that will come packaged with the 3DS. Now the machines have begun to make their way out to retailers, unboxing videos and pictures have started to show up online, with UK chain GAME showing off the other five cards included in the 3DS box boasting some familiar faces.

Link, Samus Aran, Pikmin, Mario and Kirby get a card each, as well as the familiar ? block, though there is no word on what these games involve. Considering the ? block is a shooting gallery with a dragon don't expect these to be augmented reality versions of the games that made the characters famous, but as soon as we know what they are we'll let you know.

Source

This is pretty nice, but do you think this raises the chance of seeing the games for it on 3DS? I don't think so.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:45:52 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

• au 
« Reply #305 on: February 17, 2011, 10:55:45 PM »
What the f***?

I hope it's not some kind of FPRPG with Kirby where you use the mic to inhale enemies... >.>

Marth is not amused.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »
Even in Pieces, the 3DS is a Sexy Piece of Hardware

Naked sample

You've seen the photos, you might even have held one in your hand, but it's unlikely you've seen a 3DS from the inside. Until now, that is, with Chinese site TGBus exposing the machine's guts for all to see.

There aren't too many surprises beneath the machine's hard resin case, with the usual array of buttons, cables and chips, but it's still interesting to see what's held inside the console many gamers will spend the next years of their lives playing.

3DS launches in Japan this week, hits Europe on March 25th and lands in North America on March 27th.

Source

Lol, a sexy naked 3DS. I'm sure MLYW would love this. :P

• au 
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2011, 12:30:49 AM »
^Damn Chinese hardware molesters.

I don't see the two screens...

And where's the gyro sensor thing?

Marth is not amused.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
OOOOOOHHHH YEEESSSS, OHHHH YEEEAAAAHHHH

OHHHH MY GOOOOD SOOO MUCH ROOOOOOM SPACE.

Offline RurouniTim

« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
I watched some unboxings of the 3DS and it looks really nice. I hope the stylus isn't as annoying as any past DS stylus. They always fell out and I would end up losing it.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2011, 02:23:56 AM »
It's your choice, though as I think MLYW said elsewhere, get the more expensive ones first.

Japanese Gamers Have Bought Plenty of Consoles Already

All gone?

Saturday saw the Japanese release of the Nintendo 3DS, and predictably the console sold extremely well, with newspaper Nikkei (via Andriasang) reporting the initial shipment of 400,000 units of the machine have all sold out across the country.

Shop shelves shouldn't be bare for too long though, with Nintendo promising to deliver a total of 1.5 million consoles for Japan before the end of March, with a total of 4 million machines around the world before the end of the financial.

Here's a video of the scenes that greeted the machine's launch in some electronics stores in Tokyo. You can almost hear the excitement.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8alM1O0L2-0[/youtube]

Source

Man, who would have thought the Nintendo 3DS would run out already on its first day? This is madness. I hope we don't have the same problem elsewhere outside of Japan, but seeing this, it's bound to be popular within minutes and sales would skyrocket.

Offline Polar

• au 
« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2011, 04:55:30 AM »
It ran out on the first day? Wow i guess it's gonna be really big.

Offline 12socc3r45

• So awesome.
« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2011, 06:01:51 AM »
Yeah, I just got a notice that my preorder is delayed by 3 weeks.
I know how to drive. Step on the gas pedal, turn with the wheel, and hit as many pedestrians as you can!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2011, 06:04:31 AM »
You mean until Thursday, April 21, 2011, you won't be able to get it, thanks to 3DS being sold out in an instant?

Offline 12socc3r45

• So awesome.
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2011, 06:06:44 AM »
You mean until Thursday, April 21, 2011, you won't be able to get it, thanks to 3DS being sold out in an instant?

April 21? It's March 23 from the time I posted.