Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 98861 times)

Offline Snowy

• cu 
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
If I were to get one later, I'd get Cosmos Black.
The blue one doesn't actually look that bad.

It's not as bad as the DSi's blue.

DSi XL's blue was nice, though.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
I like both colors, but I'd prefer Black over Blue :P
hey

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »
I like both colors, but I'd prefer Black over Blue :P
Most of my Tech things are black. :P
Phone: Black
PS3 Controller: Black
PS3: Black
DSi: Black
DS Lite: Black and blue
PSPs: Black
iPod speakers: Black
GCN Controllers: Black

The list goes on. :P
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline HuntMac

« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2011, 08:38:39 PM »
Sony is always black though, unless you mod them.

WHITE PSP WITH ORANGE BUTTONS, b****!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
Quote from: Nintendo Life
3DS Virtual Console Will Be Available on Launch Day

UPDATE: Or will it?

There's been plenty of confusion lately about the launch of the 3DS's eShop, which will allow users to download DSiWare games, 3DS demos and more. At first we believed the store would be ready at launch, then Nintendo Japan's financial results claimed the 3DS eShop would launch in May. Now Nintendo America has clarified that at the very least the Virtual Console will be available on the console's launch day, according to an article by IGN.

It's important to note that some of these features, most notably the Virtual Console/e-Shop idea, will not be available out of the box, but will need to be downloaded from a Wi-Fi connection. Nintendo has clarified that the Virtual Console will be available immediately upon the launch of the 3DS.

So far the only titles confirmed for the system's Virtual Console are Super Mario Land and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, but expect other titles to hit the shelves on launch day.

As with our world-beating Wii Virtual Console service, we here at Nintendo Life will review every single game released for the 3DS Virtual Console which, combined with our DSiWare reviews, creates an unassailable library of digital download review goodness. Nice.

UPDATE: IGN has since changed their statement about the 3DS Virtual Console being available on launch day in their "3DS Buyer's Guide" and now state that the service will indeed come in the form of a system software update in late May, as previously stated. Below is the snippet from their guide which shows the change. We apologize for any inconvenience this misinformation may have caused.

It's important to note that some of these features will not be available out of the box, and will need to be downloaded from a Wi-Fi connection. Nintendo has revealed that a worldwide update, scheduled for late May, will enable some of this functionality, most notably the eShop (including the Virtual Console) and DSi-to-3DS data transfer. - 3DS Launch Guide (IGN)

Source

This is nice to hear, though I'm sure I won't be using it at the start. I'd wait a few more months first...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:27:20 AM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
Great I hope there will be Pokemon Yellow, Blue, Red, Ruby, Saphire and Emerald. :P

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »
Great I hope there will be Pokemon Yellow, Blue, Red, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. :P
Yeah, the older cartridges are like dead, no saving power left. And I'm doubtful about Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, though.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
Why SML, of all things?

Get Contra Spirits JP ver. and I'll be happy. D:<

...on second thought, it might be better to get obscure titles, like, um, Mario Golf/Tennis GB? :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Milla Maxwell

• Sent by the gods
  • 貰った!始まりの力、手の内に! 我が導となり、こじ開けなさい! スプリ
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
It's good to see the VC will be available directly on release. I really have to give Nintendo a lot of creait for making a next generation gaming system with advanced graphics in the year of 2011 that uses cartridges since that is bold move on Nintendo. I'm pumped since the 3DS' launch is very near. :P

Offline HuntMac

« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2011, 01:29:46 AM »
Why SML, of all things?

Get Contra Spirits JP ver. and I'll be happy. D:<

...on second thought, it might be better to get obscure titles, like, um, Mario Golf/Tennis GB? :p
Man, I got some great shots still saved on my cart. Eagles from over half the hole and all that:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »
Er, it seems that there is an update from the source I posted earlier, and I put it in my previous post. Here's the update I was referring to:

UPDATE: IGN has since changed their statement about the 3DS Virtual Console being available on launch day in their "3DS Buyer's Guide" and now state that the service will indeed come in the form of a system software update in late May, as previously stated. Below is the snippet from their guide which shows the change. We apologize for any inconvenience this misinformation may have caused.

It's important to note that some of these features will not be available out of the box, and will need to be downloaded from a Wi-Fi connection. Nintendo has revealed that a worldwide update, scheduled for late May, will enable some of this functionality, most notably the eShop (including the Virtual Console) and DSi-to-3DS data transfer. - 3DS Launch Guide (IGN)

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »
Oh wow.

Another reason not to get it right away.
hey

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #297 on: February 12, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
Wow, now I won't be trading in my DSi for more monnies towards it.

Oh well, at least I can keep all my games and stuff. :D

Offline Shaby

• I need to do something about my life! :P
  • Anime Time!
« Reply #298 on: February 12, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
More details about Game Coins!!!

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=150069

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #299 on: February 15, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
3DS Game Cases Look to be More Environmentally Friendly

Game booklets still the main culprit for overall size, it seems

A Japanese retailer has posted some images of what 3DS software boxes look like when opened up and it seems like there's not a hole lot of difference from the regular DS boxes.

Well, there are a couple of differences: the placement of the system logo is now on the right hand side of the cover, and the box itself has numerous holes in it so that less plastic is used in the manufacturing process.

The retailer also notes that the weight of the thinner 3DS game boxes come in at 45 grams, compared to the 53 grams that current DS game boxes weigh. It might not sound like a significant reduction, but that's roughly 15% lighter: considering how much software has been sold for DS, that's a potentially huge saving over the 3DS's lifespan.

Perhaps this is one step closer to getting Greenpeace off Nintendo's back? Either way, it still seems silly to have such a large case for a game cartridge that is so tiny: is it time to get rid of those game manuals?

Source

Hm, I guess this isn't too bad, but no instructional manuals? Every games needs at least an instructional manual...