Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 98883 times)

Offline Yoshi1

Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2011, 02:09:03 AM »
Feb 8 seems a little late for a release of release date >_>.

I expect that we'll be sometime after the UK/PAL region has their release. Why are we always the trailers?

...owait, we sometimes follow Japan. Glory to the AsiaPacific region. =P
I second that!

I think we're trailers because we aren't really into VG's because we don't make any. It's hard to explain things when I'm in a rush.

Offline RurouniTim

« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2011, 06:14:46 AM »
I hope that the 3ds won't hurt my eyes but that's not going to stop me from getting it when it comes out.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2011, 07:34:08 AM »
I don't see why everybody's now freaked out about this.

It's not like the Virtual Boy where it literally causes headaches and even seizures.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »
The Virtual Boy's display was red and black, perfect seizure colors. >_>

The 3DS is just your stereoscopic view for the next century =P

But yeah, I think people are just worried about keeping their eyesight intact. <_<

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Relx

• au 
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »
Quote from: Nintendo Life
Australian 3DS Event Set for February 8th

Release date and price likely to be revealed

Nintendo Australia has announced that they'll be holding an event on February 8th in Sydney to discuss their launch plans for Nintendo's upcoming 3DS system.

While no specifics of the event have been detailed so far, speculation points to an Australian release date and price point being revealed to the gaming public at that date.

We'll keep you up-to-date on any new information on the Australian release of the system and if you haven't already, be sure you check out the recent media event rundown from the New York and Amsterdam press events.

Source

For Australian members such as H-J, Yoshi1, 12socc3r45, D51g, etc.
is there live stream?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2011, 07:06:31 PM »
Australian 3DS Event Set for February 8th

Release date and price likely to be revealed

Nintendo Australia has announced that they'll be holding an event on February 8th in Sydney to discuss their launch plans for Nintendo's upcoming 3DS system.

While no specifics of the event have been detailed so far, speculation points to an Australian release date and price point being revealed to the gaming public at that date.

We'll keep you up-to-date on any new information on the Australian release of the system and if you haven't already, be sure you check out the recent media event rundown from the New York and Amsterdam press events.

Source

For Australian members such as H-J, Yoshi1, 12socc3r45, D51g, etc.
Is there live stream?
I don't know, but it probably will be a live stream. Just not until February 8.

Offline HuntMac

« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2011, 01:26:13 AM »
You know, I'd much rather just get a used GBA than to buy stuff on the 3DS VC.

Only problem is all GB/C carts I run into are flimsy like no other. And I think all the "essential" ones I like I already own anyway (and if not, it's easy enough to emulate those games on a flash cart no problem). I'm just hoping this will introduce me to some games that I haven't heard of that are fun.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2011, 08:25:11 AM »
Well, the other problem with VC is that some games that are even popular don't make it on there because of other reasons.

Like on Wii's VC, you never see Banjo-Kazooie on there because of Rare being raped by Microsoft.

Also, I don't see any GBA games being announced on it, and the GBA had some of my favorite games.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2011, 12:20:39 AM »
Quote from: Kotaku
Nintendo has already laid out its plans for the Nintendo 3DS launch window games for North Americaall 23 of thembut if you're hoping for two of its bigger games to break into that window, don't hope too hard.

Perhaps two of the best reasons for purchasing a Nintendo 3DS, a new Kid Icarus and one of the best Zelda games ever, aren't launch ready. Nintendo of America bossman Reggie Fils-Aime tells MTV Multiplayer we shouldn't expect Kid Icarus: Uprising and the 3D remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time before "early June," the end of that launch window. Instead, expect both to hit sometime after E3 2011.

While that's not too surprising, it may be good news for the potential Nintendo 3DS owner. Think how much more availability there will be when those two Nintendo-made games finally arrive! See? Silver linings.

Reggie Fils-Aime On Lack Of 'Zelda,' 'Kid Icarus' At 3DS Launch [MTV Multiplayer]

Source

The good thing about this is that more time on them is being developed. I wouldn't really want to see a rushed Nintendo 3DS game.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2011, 06:45:06 AM »
I don't understand the big problem about eye sight or else I'm suing Nintendo. :P
rip dinosaur

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2011, 06:47:32 AM »
I don't understand the big problem about eye sight or else I'm suing Nintendo. :P
I know, right? I mean, you always have the option to turn off the 3D if it's hurting your eyes or whatever. Then again, you're missing an important aspect of Nintendo 3DS, but in the end, it pays off a bit since you;d get more hours to play.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »

They're thinking that too much of this "3D" effect on the eyes can cause eye strain and migraine headaches because the brain can't handle too much of the graphics.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2011, 01:58:16 AM »
Top Screen Backlight to Blame for 3DS Battery Life

Too bright by half

There's no dressing it up: the 3DS's battery life of 3 - 5 hours is disappointing. Ryuji Umezu, the system designer, talked to Nintendo President Satoru Iwata about the many features that sap away the machine's battery life, with the main culprit, as you would expect, the 3D top screen.

Explaining that the most energy-hungry aspect of most portable consoles is the backlit screen, Umezu goes on to say that while the 3DS has two of these, like its predecessor, the top screen has double the energy consumption of a 2D screen as it has to send separate images to each eye. Separate images means the amount of light delivered to each eye is half what it would normally be, necessitating an increase in brightness to maintain the same level of screen illumination.

The console will implement an active backlight system to alter the screen's brightness according to what content is being played on it, in a similar way to some HDTV's dynamic contrast functions. When the screen is mostly dark, the backlight is turned down as it's not needed as much, but this power-saving option is completely optional.

Umezu claims that playing games with the power save function off and brightness turned to maximum will give around three hours of battery life, but turning the active backlight on can squeeze another 10-20% out of the battery, giving around an extra 20 to 40 minutes playtime. Setting the backlight to its lowest level will give you around five hours of play, but naturally the active backlight has less impact here.

Nintendo recommends gamers use their charging cradles every day to recharge the 3DS's battery, as even with the power-saving options turned on it sounds like players will be doing a lot more charging than usual.

Source

Yeah, it's true that you get less time of battery life if you use 3D. But the point of the 3DS is to use the 3D.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2011, 07:30:47 AM »
I decided that I will not get the 3DS as soon as possible. I'm going to wait until they have the 2nd generation out (or the 3DS Lite) so that by then the bugs can be fixed, there will be a good amount of games available, and there will be a better lineup to look forward to. And I still think the 3DS design is pretty ugly. Hopefully the 2nd gen will have improved on the design like the DS Lite did for the DS.

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/01/3ds_too_full_of_gadgets_to_make_a_3ds_lite_possible

Seems that this is the "3DS Lite" already, if that's what you're gonna call it. They've fully packed it now. They will still think about it, so who knows. :P
Still, they might make generations of it, but it won't be any tinier than it is when it's launched...okay maybe, just have to see if technology can make it smaller.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »
High price, low battery support, health warnings...

Damn, Ninty. :P