Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 102308 times)

Offline madstarr12

• Not worthy of holding the "Owl" name....
  • Toad
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »
But Sony uses UMD's and they don't need a powerful disc reader. But if you measured the size of a gamecube cd vs a PSP UMD, there is a difference at will require a stronger disc reader.

Offline Paper Peach

• Mario Party Princess!
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 04:59:54 PM »
Oh yay, another DS. ::) Nintendo should work on making good games instead of making a million new DS's.

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/11/iwata_qa_summary/

3DS name soon. And other stuff in the link. So much work is being put into this.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 12:31:17 PM »
Do you think this'll be the last DS version? I think they are making people waste money when they keep on making new ones.

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
It's a DS successor, not a DS. Just like from GBA to DS, this is from DS to 3DS(tentative name). It won't be a DS. Why don't people get that? It's a new handheld. Going from 133mhz power to roughly 500mhz power wouldn't make it another of the same.   It will have backwards compatibility for playing DS games, but it's not a DS because of the 4-5 times stronger machine, higher resolution, and 3D effects. It might have 2 screens that are extremely close together, but it won't make it a DS. Unless Nintendo calls it something along the lines of having the "DS" in the name, it's not another DS.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=123829

And oooo. Take a look. I'm not the fan of the top screen being larger than the bottom screen. I think they should both either be widescreen or both the same in any aspect, but not different aspect for each.

Offline rockrich168

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
eh im going to get thi but i hope they make a new wii insted of realesing 30 handhelds a year

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »
"processing capabilities that far exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360"

Lets not jump to conclusions and say these are the graphics they are talking about, afterall they said processing capabilities. It does sound very impressive and I'm very excited to see this new handheld at E3.

Quote from:  IGN Wii
How powerful is the 3DS?
Nintendo has not revealed any specs for the 3DS system, but expect it to well surpass the Nintendo DS in visual and processor capabilities. To provide stereoscopic 3D effects the system must have the ability to render each game field twice, one for each of the player's eyes, a technique that will require significant horsepower to produce.

Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

According to several developer sources, the 3DS device is not using the NVIDIA Tegra mobile chipset, a rumor that's been floating around since 2009.

Source : http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
Though, I wouldn't be surprised to see good graphics along with PS3 or 360, because making autostereoscopic images does require from what I've heard, at least 2 Ghz of processing power.

Offline MariOz

• MariOz the Piplup.
  • hmm... =I
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »
I wonder how much the 3DS cost?

VSM: Please try to add more to the topic. And they say under $200 in the US, but for other regions, it varies.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:14:52 PM by Vipsoccermaster »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2010, 10:27:40 PM »
Ok, after some more research done, a processor needs to be 2.4 Ghz in processing power to display autostereoscopic images in 60fps. That's nearly 4 times as powerful than Wii. Now that's a true handheld. ;)

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 05:20:14 AM »
I wonder how much the 3DS cost?

VSM: Please try to add more to the topic. And they say under $200 in the US, but for other regions, it varies.
How does that not add to the topic?

it's a legitimate question.

The modding on this site is horrible..

anyways i'm waiting until E3 until I judge this since there is pretty much no information available so I have no clue what you are all basing your claims on.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »
7 more days! ;) I'm actually hoping of getting some gameplay of 3DS, not just a presentation of it.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 11:31:23 AM »
This is just a RUMOR :

Neither of the following images are real. The first is a sketch from a Chinese blogger that supposedly has a dev kit for the 3DS, and the second is a more realistic mock-up based on that sketch and info.

- 3D camera
- two differently-designed screens
- tilt sensor
- MP3/AAC hardware decode function
- media player
- second, proprietary medium for games specific to the portable
- games will fit on a card about the size of a Compact Flash card
- system is designed to accept both new games and DS games
- may both fit into the same slot
- other dev sources claim the device to be as powerful as Wii
- multiple devs are said to be quite enthusiastic over the device

Source : http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=126700

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »
Lol, when I saw this in the morning in that same website, I was immediately thinking, "This is DEFINITELY fake".
There already has been confirmations of an analog-stick function, and 2 3D cameras. The sketch didn't have any camera's and I doubt Nintendo would have both cameras on the outside. Well, we'll see everything on Tuesday. Oh, it's an agonizing wait.

Offline madstarr12

• Toad
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »

Well, that's the 3DS. Looks like a DS Phat but with a larger top screen and updated buttons.

And it's 2.5 GHZ in processing power. 3.4 times stronger than Wii, yet the graphics seem similar, but it's too early to tell since the 1st games of a system usually are the weakest in graphics. The Mario Kart 3DS graphics do look top noch though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:44:33 PM by madstarr »