Author Topic: School/College  (Read 101269 times)

Offline Zympherior

• Outsider that reached Fantasy
  • "You shouldn't underestimate humans these days."
  • mx 
Re: School/College
« Reply #615 on: August 04, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »
Just returned to school today. So far, my first day in third semester was really good, thanks to Pokmon GO. :T
Look, look with your special eyes...

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #616 on: August 17, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »
wait i don't wanna be a freshman i wasn't ready for this

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
« Reply #617 on: August 18, 2016, 08:23:55 PM »
wait i don't wanna be a freshman i wasn't ready for this
It was definitely different for me, especially since I switched from being home schooled to public school, but I felt like I was well prepared.

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
« Reply #618 on: August 19, 2016, 03:13:13 AM »
I didn't make any friends last year. I just have to be friendly this time I guess.

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline Ether

• sucks
  • rip torn
  • ye 
« Reply #619 on: August 22, 2016, 11:29:47 PM »
I didn't know if I posted my Fall 2016 schedule yet (I didn't), so here it is:

MONDAY / WEDNESDAY
Principles of Marketing (9:30 - 10:45 AM)
Cultural Diversity (11:00 - 12:15 PM)
Songwriter's Workshop 1* (3:30 - 4:20 PM)

* only on Wednesday

TUESDAY / THURSDAY
Music Business Careers (9:30 - 10:45 AM)
Modern American Novel (11:00 - 12:15 PM)
Music Publishing and Copyright (1:30 - 2:45 PM)

Right now I'm taking 16 credits, the most I've taken since a few years ago, because I wanted to make up for dropping a few classes over the last few semesters.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #620 on: August 22, 2016, 11:46:18 PM »
MONDAY / WEDNESDAY
Principles of Marketing (9:30 - 10:45 AM)
I'm taking that class for the Fall 2016 semester, too!

My schedule as follows:

MONDAY / THURSDAY
Principles of Marketing (12:45 - 2:00 PM)
Entrepreneurship I* (2:15 - 3:30 PM)

*only on Monday

Taking this course as well: Concepts in Health Education
This course is entirely online, and lasts for eight weeks. It's only one unit. I'll be done with this course by the end of the first week of October.

Taking a total of seven units this semester. I'm taking the online health class because without the unit I need, with all other requirements fulfilled for a BA in Business, I am one unit short of graduating (Need 120 to graduate).

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #621 on: September 23, 2016, 06:03:41 PM »
vip how long have you been in college
hey

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #622 on: September 23, 2016, 06:33:22 PM »
vip how long have you been in college
As a part-time commuter student, seven years. Since Fall 2009.

Offline LuentrixGames

« Reply #623 on: October 06, 2016, 06:26:11 AM »
I hate the fact you have to take classes that are in no way related to your major in order to graduate. I wish you could graduate taking only the classes required for your major. Well as well all know, college it's more of a business than an actually institution that cares for the students. The price of college has gone up 1120% in the past 30 years. They always include many fees that we don't even use or need lol. Back then you were able to work and pay college yourself, now it's really hard to do that.

If your parents paid for it you are lucky! but if you had to pay for it yourself or get loans then back luck xD

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #624 on: October 06, 2016, 10:46:44 AM »
I hate the fact you have to take classes that are in no way related to your major in order to graduate. I wish you could graduate taking only the classes required for your major. Well as well all know, college it's more of a business than an actually institution that cares for the students. The price of college has gone up 1120% in the past 30 years. They always include many fees that we don't even use or need lol. Back then you were able to work and pay college yourself, now it's really hard to do that.

If your parents paid for it you are lucky! but if you had to pay for it yourself or get loans then back luck xD

Those classes are annoying yet required for something they call General Education. I know it is stupid and I questioned it but it is to make sure you're well rounded in ALL areas rather than your major. You don't want to be a Math major yet lethargic in English skills or Science Skills. Its to build your general knowledge...

Offline LuentrixGames

« Reply #625 on: October 06, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »

Those classes are annoying yet required for something they call General Education. I know it is stupid and I questioned it but it is to make sure you're well rounded in ALL areas rather than your major. You don't want to be a Math major yet lethargic in English skills or Science Skills. Its to build your general knowledge...

i see your point, but employees don't really care weather you took "science classes" "art classes" or "history" all they care when you get hired it's the level of achievement you got in college, wether it's a bachelor or a master and what kind of major it is. That is all. Regardless college is wayyy too expensive nowadays

Offline Ether

• sucks
  • rip torn
  • ye 
« Reply #626 on: December 22, 2016, 10:32:16 AM »
I forgot to post my Spring 2017 schedule here, it seems, so check it:

M W
Public Relations (11:00 - 12:15 PM)
History of Art (12:30 - 1:45 PM)
Principles of Management (2:00 - 3:15 PM)

T Th
Shakespeare (11:00 - 12:15 PM)
Music Business Contracts (3:00 - 4:15 PM)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:37:55 PM by Ether »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #627 on: December 22, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »
You mean 2017, Ether. My Spring 2017 schedule is as follows:

Organizational Behavior (Online)
Portfolio Management & Investing (9:45 AM - 11:00 AM) (Friday)