Author Topic: U.S. 2016 Election  (Read 7281 times)

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
U.S. 2016 Election
« on: November 10, 2016, 08:12:01 AM »
Thoughts anyone? I fell into the category of they're both terrible candidates so I don't care who wins. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:04:08 PM by GrandStarGalaxy »

Offline Kaede

Re: U.S. 2016 Election
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 09:47:36 AM »
So glad Trump won. #MAGA

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »
Thoughts anyone? I fell into the category of their both terrible candidates so I don't care who wins. 
First of all, "they're." :P

Second of all, yeah, this has always been about picking the "lesser of two evils." If Trump doesn't do anything to help us, then we'll vote him out in 2020, simple. I hope during that election some good people are picked...
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »
Hope you Americans like fascism.
hey

Offline Zympherior

• Outsider that reached Fantasy
  • "You shouldn't underestimate humans these days."
  • mx 
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
Welp.
Just in the day Trump won, the Mexican currency plunged 12%, a new record in a sigle day. (From ~18MXN-1Dll to ~20MXN-1Dll)
Well, these next 4 years wull be fun...
Look, look with your special eyes...

Offline Ether

• sucks
  • rip torn
  • ye 
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »
This is going to be a doozy

Offline Kaede

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »
Welp.
Just in the day Trump won, the Mexican currency plunged 12%, a new record in a sigle day. (From ~18MXN-1Dll to ~20MXN-1Dll)
Well, these next 4 years wull be fun...

Because they are still taking his "build the wall" statements seriously and he wants to bring in more domestic jobs with companies that have otherwise abandoned America in favor of places like Mexico and China. The DOW is stabilizing, this happens every presidential election. 

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »
he wants to bring in more domestic jobs with companies that have otherwise abandoned America in favor of places like Mexico and China.

Jobs that are going to be prime candidates for automation in the next decade.
hey

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 06:04:46 PM »
Trump's a scammer. What makes this whole fiasco worse is that Congress is currently controlled by the Republicans. We're F***ed.

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »
Trump's a scammer. What makes this whole fiasco worse is that Congress is currently controlled by the Republicans. We're F***ed.

and soon the supreme court too
hey

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 09:41:16 PM »

and soon the supreme court too
All the Democrats can hope to do and weasel their way through is by filibuster, which the Republicans will probably hear none of it.

Offline Kaede

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 05:03:21 PM »
Can you guys give me one good example on why we are F***ed? He hasn't done anything yet and people are taking to the streets saying that he's going to be a Nazi who rounds up trannies and shoots them in the streets. Like don't you think that's a bit of an exaggeration? The Clinton camp and SJWs of the world love to tout about "love, peace, and harmony" like a damn MLP episode yet they are blaming white people for Trump's election and calling for them to be shot. Both sides have their wackos, but damn the salt from the liberals is pretty scary and if anybody is going to start a civil war it's those guys.

he wants to bring in more domestic jobs with companies that have otherwise abandoned America in favor of places like Mexico and China.

Jobs that are going to be prime candidates for automation in the next decade.

Jobs that require automation do need people to run them, you know. Just in the past year alone, major companies like Caterpillar and Carrier moved to Mexico and China because they were getting tired of the taxation they were faced when trying to import s*** from other countries. We need to have resources here domestically and we have to stop beating around the bush with our "allies" when it comes to international trade agreements. I'm not saying that keeping companies here in America will solve the unemployment issue, but it will certainly help.

The only people crying about Trump are the ones who think he hates LGBTQ and black people. In reality they are just salty whiners. I will change my opinion when he passes an anti-gay law, but for now he's our President and we need to give him a chance.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »
Can you guys give me one good example on why we are F***ed?

Trump called climate change 'a hoax', wants to remove environmental regulations and has appointed a climate change skeptic to lead the EPA transition. Climate change is the biggest problem the entire world as a whole is currently facing, and having the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet deny it is extremely troubling. Above anything else this is the reason to be against him.

He hasn't done anything yet and people are taking to the streets saying that he's going to be a Nazi who rounds up trannies and shoots them in the streets. Like don't you think that's a bit of an exaggeration?

It's definitely an exaggeration, but he does have a lot of characteristics that can be associated with fascism.

The Clinton camp and SJWs of the world love to tout about "love, peace, and harmony" like a damn MLP episode yet they are blaming white people for Trump's election and calling for them to be shot.

These people are obviously irrational and don't speak for the overall majority of those to do not like Trump.

Both sides have their wackos, but damn the salt from the liberals is pretty scary and if anybody is going to start a civil war it's those guys.

Trump was complaining that the election was going to be rigged and several of his supporters, again likely a small minority, were threatening to take up arms if he were to lose the election.

However, he did win the election yet lost the popular vote (not by much granted). You shouldn't be surprised that people are upset about the most unqualified and one of the most disliked and polarizing people to run for president was voted in, yet didn't win a majority of the vote. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Trump supporters were equally as upset if the same scenario happened with Clinton winning. If anything it's a failure of the Electoral College.

Protesting in the US Constitution via peaceful assembly, but once people start throwing rocks through windows then the police should intervene. I just hope all the people taking the time to protest took the time to vote.

Jobs that require automation do need people to run them, you know.
One man can run dozens of machines, which have already replaced the dozens of jobs. Manufacturing isn't coming back to the Rust Belt.

Just in the past year alone, major companies like Caterpillar and Carrier moved to Mexico and China because they were getting tired of the taxation they were faced when trying to import s*** from other countries.

Caterpillar cut jobs because the workers wanted health care plans and fair wages. Carrier cut jobs because "it was strictly a business decision". You can scrap NAFTA and force these companies back into the country but they will find another way to screw over the workers. Ergo, automation.

We need to have resources here domestically and we have to stop beating around the bush with our "allies" when it comes to international trade agreements.

I'm not an expert on international trade but I'll give it a shot: Sure, but the United States kind of needs a sphere of influence. You hassle our "allies" over trading and they'll likely turn elsewhere to do business. Globalization isn't perfect (it does benefit the wealthy and hinder the poorer in developed nations) but it helps a lot of countries out of deep poverty. Perhaps this would be a good time to look at the United States' economic structure and rebalance it, rather than trying to bring that jobs that are quickly becoming outdated?

The only people crying about Trump are the ones who think he hates LGBTQ and black people.

The vice president elect is very anti LGBTQ and Trump went through hell and back to get the five teenagers wrongfully accused of rape executed. He has done nothing to put these accusations to rest.

he's our President and we need to give him a chance.

Just like how conservatives gave Obama a chance? He has full control of the United States government and has a ton of corrupt GOP stooges in his ear. He has a SCOTUS opening waiting to be filled by someone who'll more likely than not fall on the side of reversing Roe v. Wade and possibly Obergefell v. Hodges. You can write his detractors off as "wacko SJWs" and blame the media but his campaign rhetoric should have a lot of weight on how he will govern and it scares a lot of people.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:20:39 PM by MattC »
hey

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »
He named Reince Priebus, the current head of the RNC, his Chief of Staff and Steve Bannon, a white supremacist and antisemite as his Chief Strategist.

Whatever chance he had, he just lost it.
hey

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • I use Reddit a lot more than this.
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 05:53:53 PM »
it makes me want to move to canada!
Find me on Reddit: JuliaTheInsaneKid
There's nothing interesting here anymore, which is why I haven't posted here in so long.