Author Topic: Mario Party: Star Rush  (Read 7495 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Mario Party: Star Rush
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:59:29 PM »
Mario Party: Star Rush

Announced by Nintendo (Tuesday, June 14, 2016)! The second Mario Party game for the 3DS. All players move at once, at the same time. Exclusive to 3DS. Release: Friday, October 7, 2016 (Europe); Saturday, October 8, 2016 (Australia); Thursday, November 3, 2016 (Japan); Friday, November 4, 2016 (North America).

More Info
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:15:41 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Mario Party: Star Rush
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 12:01:28 AM »
Awaiting further news in Treehouse on Wed US time

Not too hyped for this but simultaneous movement should prove ...somewhat interesting

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 12:02:27 AM »
Mario Party: Star Rush will have everyone moving at the same time. This is the only change from Mario Party: Island Tour that we know for now. We will get more information from Nintendo Treehouse Live later today.

H-J just basically got it in. Ninja'd.

Offline PartyStar

• SO HYPED FOR SUPER MARIO PARTY
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:35:42 AM »
I'm actually excited for this game!  ^-^ I know I shouldn't have high hopes, but this sounds different (Star Rush: Rush for Stars, not MINIstars, around the map :P) and with everyone moving at once seems like it would be very smooth for online play.

I'll be waiting for Nintendo Treehouse to play the game.
*NEW 2018* Mario Party: Elimination! http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=16425.msg314584;topicseen#msg314584
10 spots open, first come first serve! :)

Offline LuentrixGames

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:06:48 AM »
aww im still hoping to see Mario Party 11 be made and with ONLINE mode! where we can play against people all around the world! lol

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »
I'M SO HAPPY I CAN PLAY AS ROSALINA AND DK IN A HANDHELD MARIO PARTY

Offline XCamTroX

• - A simply deaf Mario fan -
  • - A simply deaf Mario fan -
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 09:42:37 AM »
I'M SO HAPPY I CAN PLAY AS ROSALINA AND DK IN A HANDHELD MARIO PARTY

is that you on ur sig as your reaction about that? :P

Im buying this for my MP collection :P

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »
I actually like the new gameplay, it's better than the car. It seems similar to Sonic Shuffle, but way better. Let's hope this is a step in the right direction. At least they're trying something new. =)

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 01:51:40 PM »
I actually like the new gameplay, it's better than the car. It seems similar to Sonic Shuffle, but way better. Let's hope this is a step in the right direction. At least they're trying something new. =)

I'M SO DIGGING THE NEW GAMEPLAY!!!!

ALSO TOADETTE IS BACK!

Offline Marioguy

• Spent 4 years in cryogenic freeze
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
The box art for the game does look very generic. We'll see what happens though.

While I'm probably going to dump the username I don't want to get rid of the banner though...

Offline Accj21

• Teamwork makes the meme work
  • Purple is my new favorite color
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 07:14:21 AM »
The box art for the game does look very generic. We'll see what happens though.

This is how generic it is: https://twitter.com/starwindbliss/status/743231627896070144
But the game looks pretty good overall. I've never really disliked a Mario Party game except for MP10, so I'm sure I'll like this one.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 09:34:58 AM »
The boxart looks like a placeholder. I don't know why people are freaking out about it.

Besides, it could be a picture of a star and I wouldn't care. I care more about what's actually in the game itself.

Offline Baby Luigi

• Wish I was playable in Mario Party
  • Number Not One
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
Well, you need a good boxart to sell your products better. Having a plain, unappealing boxart makes it less appealing for the consumer, and therefore, if the consumer is uninformed about the product, they'll be less likely to purchase it. I'm doubting that this stock image will be the final product, though, as Mario Party boxarts are always good. Even the worst boxart, Mario Party 10, is still very pleasing to look, and I actually do have expectations for a good boxart.

As for the game itself, I don't have much expectations for it so far but I'm open to see how it'll turn out. I would prefer the older Mario Party formula but if the game itself turns out to be good and fun, I'll welcome it.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 07:49:39 AM »
Not super keen to promote a site article when you guys would probably already check it out, but I did an analysis on the Treehouse footage. Useful info on World 1-3, how allies work, and other in depth specifics that you probably wouldn't have noticed on first watch.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline PartyStar

• SO HYPED FOR SUPER MARIO PARTY
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 08:22:28 AM »
I'm a little confused on allies, I mean, I know how they work and all but just a question:

In Treehouse the lady (Audrey I believe, psh I don't know) said that 11 characters could be in a boss battle at once. What does that mean for all the characters that weren't shown.  :mario: :luigi: :peach: :yoshi: :daisy: :donkeykong: :rosalina: where all picked up and added to the four toads already so that made 11 characters.

I mean, they also said Toadette and Wario can appear as allies too....
*NEW 2018* Mario Party: Elimination! http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=16425.msg314584;topicseen#msg314584
10 spots open, first come first serve! :)