Author Topic: PartyPlanner64 - Mario Party Board Editor  (Read 32750 times)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: PartyPlanner64 - Mario Party Board Editor
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »
For those impatient to make/play on custom boards, here's a small video of the board I submitted in the create a board contest. Definitely much bigger in here than it seemed on the board.

Offline 🍕 Slyshock 🍕

• Join the Mario Party Netplay discord today!
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2016, 10:27:23 PM »

Does PP64 support flavor text before a board starts and when you buy stars? I'm assuming that full-blown cutscenes are a bit too advanced for now.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2016, 02:04:14 PM »

Does PP64 support flavor text before a board starts and when you buy stars? I'm assuming that full-blown cutscenes are a bit too advanced for now.
As of now I can't see any feature that allows you to change text like that. Maybe in the future.

Offline PartyPlanner64

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
In general, my approach has been to remove all the text that is specific to the board being overwritten, and not require creating new strings because it typically seems like more work than most people probably want to do. But at some point I want to have a way to edit all strings in the ROM, which would be an advanced way of supporting that.

Very cool to see the video of the Animal Crossing board!

Offline MedicLuigi

• More of a Luigi expert than Kirafrog! ☆
  • The Lean Mean Doctor in Green!
  • us 
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »

Although MP2 functionality is still very limited, it is still very fun to mess around with it and make a board. These are a few images of the "beta" version of Luigi's Mansion for MP2. Thanks a ton for this awesome tool, its very fun messing with it. I cant wait to see what the future holds for PP64!

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2016, 12:43:05 AM »
Looks so amazing! Can't wait to play this board myself!

Offline PartyPlanner64

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2016, 03:34:56 PM »
I've updated the first post because... the editor officially goes "live" today for everybody! :D

It is very much a work in progress, but getting more people to try it out will help guide the direction it goes. At this point you can certainly create boards like the ones in the videos if you play around with the editor enough to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Like the first post mentions, the actual editor lives here now:
https://partyplanner64.github.io/PartyPlanner64

If you haven't read it, this is the main document I've been writing for usage of the editor, and should be detailed enough to help answer most questions.
https://github.com/PartyPlanner64/PartyPlanner64/wiki/Creating-a-Board

I believe SuperZambezi will open up some new forums and the downloads page shortly, which may be where this thread ends up moving.

Offline 🍕 Slyshock 🍕

• Join the Mario Party Netplay discord today!
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2016, 07:36:45 PM »
Is there no support for skeleton key doors yet?

Offline SmithJrBlaquaLuigi

• YouTube Gaming
  • us 
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2016, 12:03:46 AM »
Oh here's a tip about replacing music, however it's not included on PartyPlanner64 board editor. Instead you can try use SubDrag MIDI tool. That would be good idea huh? ;)

Is there no support for skeleton key doors yet?

He's probably going to work on that for the next update, so keep your eyes open!

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2016, 12:06:13 AM »
Oh here's a tip about replacing music, however it's not included on PartyPlanner64 board editor. Instead you can try use SubDrag MIDI tool. That would be good idea huh? ;)
This is true, I've tried that out before! But most of it sounds like garbage since I don't think the soundfont is documented for any of the MP games.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2016, 12:21:34 AM »
I've updated the first post because... the editor officially goes "live" today for everybody! :D

It is very much a work in progress, but getting more people to try it out will help guide the direction it goes. At this point you can certainly create boards like the ones in the videos if you play around with the editor enough to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Like the first post mentions, the actual editor lives here now:
https://partyplanner64.github.io/PartyPlanner64

If you haven't read it, this is the main document I've been writing for usage of the editor, and should be detailed enough to help answer most questions.
https://github.com/PartyPlanner64/PartyPlanner64/wiki/Creating-a-Board

I believe SuperZambezi will open up some new forums and the downloads page shortly, which may be where this thread ends up moving.

Where's the source code?
What language is PP64 made in?

Offline PartyPlanner64

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:39 PM »

Given how I hard coded for the audio data being a certain size and at certain offsets, this won't work right now probably. But I would be interested if anyone tries it with success on a stock ROM.

Where's the source code?
What language is PP64 made in?

The code is on Github.
https://github.com/PartyPlanner64/PartyPlanner64

The editor is mostly JavaScript and React transpiled with Babel.

Offline Mario_Comix

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2016, 08:58:33 PM »
Looks amazing. I hope to explore all the content after tomorrow. But, I have to ask, how exactly will we play on the boards? Through some emulator?
Please check out my Super Mario Maker stages! They can be found in the "Super Mario Maker Community Levels" thread.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2016, 09:51:13 PM »
yes, when you save the board to the rom it outputs a new one with the custom board in it, you have to use an emulator to play the rom

edit: Although, it has been stated that the rom that the editor outputs can be ran on real N64 hardware via a flashcart, but you need to have the expansion pak, the modified rom needs to have more memory to work, if you don't have it the game will crash.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:39:46 AM by NintendoFan »
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Mario_Comix

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2016, 05:59:44 PM »
Thanks for the information. Cool that theoretically it can be played on the original hardware!
Please check out my Super Mario Maker stages! They can be found in the "Super Mario Maker Community Levels" thread.