Author Topic: Why didn't MP10 have online multiplayer?  (Read 4936 times)

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
Re: Why didn't MP10 have online multiplayer?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 01:07:55 PM »
That, and it takes a long time to complete a board map in Mario Party. Like, at least 30 minutes. For Smash and Mario Kart, battles and races can be done in less than five minutes per battle or race. People do not have the time to complete one sitting of a Mario Party board.
MP10's Party Mode usually doesn't last over 25-35 minutes. Most people would probably mainly use it to play online with their friends anyway, so I don't imagine that would be that too big of a problem.

Or if a full Party Mode game was too long, there could be a multiplayer mode comprised exclusively of Minigames (Like the arena in MP2) that someone could play instead.

@Vipsoccermaster

Going back to Fortune Street again, you can be playing this for at least an hour online. In fact, most FS games last two hours. I remember playing this when Nintendo WFC was up and no one force disconnected/ragequit.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 01:12:52 PM »
That, and it takes a long time to complete a board map in Mario Party. Like, at least 30 minutes. For Smash and Mario Kart, battles and races can be done in less than five minutes per battle or race. People do not have the time to complete one sitting of a Mario Party board.
MP10's Party Mode usually doesn't last over 25-35 minutes. Most people would probably mainly use it to play online with their friends anyway, so I don't imagine that would be that too big of a problem.

Or if a full Party Mode game was too long, there could be a multiplayer mode comprised exclusively of Minigames (Like the arena in MP2) for the people that wanted a quicker game.

Also it could be Online Exclusive to Minigame Mode to make things easier :D

Offline SputnicK

• Smash/Halo 3
  • *Magikarp used splash!*
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »

@Vipsoccermaster

Going back to Fortune Street again, you can be playing this for at least an hour online. In fact, most FS games last two hours. I remember playing this when Nintendo WFC was up and no one force disconnected/ragequit.
Exactly. I think there are plenty of people who would play a full length MP online game if it was available.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 02:11:26 PM »

Or if a full Party Mode game was too long, there could be a multiplayer mode comprised exclusively of Minigames (Like the arena in MP2) for the people that wanted a quicker game.
Having a online minigame mode is the better choice imo.

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline SputnicK

• Smash/Halo 3
  • *Magikarp used splash!*
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 08:20:20 AM »
I could see that as the best option. A four player battle through random or themed minigames could be alot of fun. Maybe even have some extra long minigames/boss battles made specially with multiplayer in mind.

I still think Party Mode would have a place though. (Even if only for those on your Wii U Friends List)