Author Topic: Why didn't MP10 have online multiplayer?  (Read 4944 times)

Offline SputnicK

• Smash/Halo 3
  • *Magikarp used splash!*
Why didn't MP10 have online multiplayer?
« on: July 06, 2015, 01:23:19 PM »
You think after 10 installments and 4 generations of consoles, Nintendo would finally add a online setting...

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
Re: Why didn't MP10 have online multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »
I think that 11 will have online multiplayer :P

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 01:47:41 PM »
I agree. This makes MP10 even more disappointing.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 02:20:14 PM »
Because Nintendo right now isn't making good decisions. *cough*E3*cough*

If there is enough demand for it, then possibly in MP11. It worked out pretty well in Fortune Street and it would be nice to be able to play Mario Party online with no lag or desyncs or button lag input.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline SputnicK

• Smash/Halo 3
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »
I feel that due to the nature of the game, a online setting would have been fairly easy to incorporate. Think about it. The board game part doesn't require a fast paced connection and the minigames are short enough to not be a huge problem. Honestly Nintendo has never been fast to add online features, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 03:01:13 PM »

If there is enough demand for it, then possibly in MP11. It worked out pretty well in Fortune Street and it would be nice to be able to play Mario Party online with no lag or desyncs or button lag input.
Wait, Fortune Street had online? Never played it.

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 03:05:15 PM »

Yeah, it had online. Fortune Street was a Wii game, so it did have online, but not anymore since Tuesday, May 20, 2014.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 03:08:10 PM »

It does, on the box it says "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

and was sniped by Vipsoccermaster...

It still does have online with the custom server replacement for NWFC...
Ancient trash.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »

Yeah, it had online. Fortune Street was a Wii game, so it did have online, but not anymore since Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
That Tuesday was the saddest Tuesday.

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 04:28:21 PM »
You wanna play a laggy-ass game of Mario Party that cause the game to be unplayable? Because I know for a fact I don't.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
You wanna play a laggy-ass game of Mario Party that cause the game to be unplayable? Because I know for a fact I don't.

Well no, but if a complicated Monopoly like game can have online where it has to calculate so many variables with no lag, i'm pretty sure Mario Party can do the same.
Ancient trash.

Offline SputnicK

• Smash/Halo 3
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 08:48:50 AM »

Well no, but if a complicated Monopoly like game can have online where it has to calculate so many variables with no lag, i'm pretty sure Mario Party can do the same.
I guess the biggest problem with a multiplayer mode would be keeping players from leaving. A game that relies on having 4 players constantly would suffer if anyone quit mid-game.

I think the solution would be to have a CPU take a players place if they leave. (Or a actual player take a players place)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »

I guess the biggest problem with a multiplayer mode would be keeping players from leaving. A game that relies on having 4 players constantly would suffer if anyone quit mid-game.

I think the solution would be to have a CPU take a players place if they leave. (Or a actual player take a players place)
That, and it takes a long time to complete a board map in Mario Party. Like, at least 30 minutes. For Smash and Mario Kart, battles and races can be done in less than five minutes per battle or race. People do not have the time to complete one sitting of a Mario Party board.

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »

That, and it takes a long time to complete a board map in Mario Party. Like, at least 30 minutes. For Smash and Mario Kart, battles and races can be done in less than five minutes per battle or race. People do not have the time to complete one sitting of a Mario Party board.

It could be like Triforce Heroes, when one player disconnects the game is like paused for the others until he comes back (Like that) It's like you can have lots of games going on at the same time XD

Offline SputnicK

• Smash/Halo 3
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 01:04:08 PM »
MP10's Party Mode usually doesn't last over 25-35 minutes. Most people would probably mainly use it to play online with their friends anyway, so I don't imagine that would be that too big of a problem.

Or if a full Party Mode game was too long, there could be a multiplayer mode comprised exclusively of Minigames (Like the arena in MP2) for the people that wanted a quicker game.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:06:27 PM by SputnicK »