Author Topic: Rare Replay  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Rare Replay
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »
Rare Replay

Announced at the Microsoft E3 2015 Press Conference (Monday, June 15, 2015)! A collection of Rare games, from the days of NES/SNES/N64. 30 games for the price of $30. Exclusive to Xbox One. Release: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 (North America).

More Info

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Re: Rare Replay
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:42:29 PM »
Rare...
They should've just made a new Banjo-Kaozoie or Battletoads.
They know it would sell well, I mean, this will sell well, but, I shouldn't even be complaining.
Maybe that's why I don't own an Xbox One.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 04:12:10 PM »
From a marketing standpoint, a hobby of mine, as awesome as Rare is, it could be very likely that the inclusion of the uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day (perhaps others as well) is as much of tactical suicide as it is a selling point without some form of Parental Controls that would have to part of Rare Replay's marketing campaign, because parents will see the M-rating and not allow their kids to have access to any of the games EVER.
Was I also the only one scanning that screen for the Donkey Kong games, just because?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:18:01 PM by Luigidenne3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
From a marketing standpoint, a hobby of mine, as awesome as Rare is, it could be very likely that the inclusion of the uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day (perhaps others as well) is as much of tactical suicide as it is a selling point without some form of Parental Controls that would have to part of Rare Replay's marketing campaign, because parents will see the M-rating and not allow their kids to have access to any of the games EVER.
Everyone who is going to be buying this is over 17 now.
hey

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 04:19:06 PM »
From a marketing standpoint, a hobby of mine, as awesome as Rare is, it could be very likely that the inclusion of the uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day (perhaps others as well) is as mu :what:ch of tactical suicide as it is a selling point without some form of Parental Controls that would have to part of Rare Replay's marketing campaign, because parents will see the M-rating and not allow their kids to have access to any of the games EVER.
Everyone who is going to be buying this is over 17 now.
Riiiiiiiiiiiight... :what:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 04:24:11 PM »
parents will see the M-rating and not allow their kids to have access to any of the games EVER.
>rating
>parents won't allow access
>was playing Silent Hill and Resident Evil at 6
>mom didn't give a s*** about her kids watching south park
>all three are m-rated or some variant thereof

h a h a h a h a.......
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:28:10 PM by Garrulous »

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 04:49:06 PM »
Was I also the only one scanning that screen for the Donkey Kong games, just because?
Conker was a brutal game, but all the hardcore Rare fans are over 17, most of them come from the N64 days.
No worries for them.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 04:56:26 PM »
You won't find any of the Donkey Kong games there. Sorry. Not even Golden Eye.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• us 
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
I knew that; I just thought I saw DK64 in the small TV. Not even Goldeneye, C'mon!

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 05:05:43 PM »
I scanned to see as well sadly, even though I knew there wasn't going to be any. :P

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »
Already got it pre-ordered. :)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 10:49:56 PM »
Already going for the B-K games and more, and add 10,000 Gamerscore into your account, huh?

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 04:58:26 AM »
I knew that; I just thought I saw DK64 in the small TV. Not even Goldeneye, C'mon!
In order to have Goldeneye, Microsoft would need approval from both Activision (owners of the James Bond license) and Nintendo (publishers of the original game).

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 05:19:25 PM »
Already going for the B-K games and more, and add 10,000 Gamerscore into your account, huh?

Banjo Kazooie yes, but also for the other games as well. I haven't played many of them so it'll be all new to me.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 05:42:46 PM »
GameXplain did a video showing Banjo-Kazooie from Rare Replay! The game is exactly as it appears on the Xbox 360 (XBLA). It's a direct port. They also did Snake Rattle 'n' Roll.

Spoiler: Videos (click to show/hide)