Author Topic: Is Konami falling out of the console buisness?  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Is Konami falling out of the console buisness?
« on: May 04, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
This is an interesting article here about Konami falling out of the console buisness.
It mentions how Kojima is most likely leaving them, they've only made one PS4 and Xbox One game, while they've made no Wii U games, and their name is removed from the New York Stock Exchange.

If they do completely fall out, I wonder what happens to Konami franchises like Metal Gear and Castlevania.

Remember, Konami bought Hudson Soft and merged them into Konami.
So, you don't think Nintendo could buy Bomberman (or all of Hudson's properties) and pass them on to Nd Cube?
I mean the old Hudson employees working on their own games again would be a bit exciting.
They could also bring back more old Hudson employees to Nd Cube like this, and possibly return Mario Party to its old self.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:15:57 PM by Luma Party »

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
Re: Is Konami falling out of the gaming buisness?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »
That sucks for Konami, even though i don't really like a lot of their games.

Also, for that Hudson and Nintendo thing, i seriously doubt it. It would be cool, but I pretty sure Nintendo don't really remember Bomberman or any of the Hudson games enough to even consider buying their licenses.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:09:36 PM by WiiUFan-04 »
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
Nintendo isn't going to buy IPs from another company, even ones that are in dire straits. The fact that Konami took themselves out of the New York Stock Exchange seems to me that the company is in much worse situation than it actually is. I never really played any of their games, only the knowledge of some characters and content they have.

The title of the topic is slightly misleading. They're still in the gaming business, but not the console business. You won't see much games on consoles as there is compared to handhelds and/or smartphones.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 06:15:38 PM »
Nintendo isn't going to buy IPs from another company, even ones that are in dire straits. The fact that Konami took themselves out of the New York Stock Exchange seems to me that the company is in much worse situation than it actually is. I never really played any of their games, only the knowledge of some characters and content they have.

The title of the topic is slightly misleading. They're still in the gaming business, but not the console business. You won't see much games on consoles as there is compared to handhelds and/or smartphones.
I'll change the title.

I know Nintendo is never up for that, but I mean, if an offer came, and they decline it, it's their fault.

Offline Don't make me beg

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »
The fact that Konami took themselves out of the New York Stock Exchange seems to me that the company is in much worse situation than it actually is.

Linked article pointed out that half a percent of their stocks were traded in New York or something so it was actually a smart tactical decision.
I'm crossing you in style

Offline Snowy

• cu 
Re: Is Konami falling out of the console buisness?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 12:10:09 PM »
they're falling out of business in general
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »
Kojima leaving is probably going to hurt them worse then they think. Metal Gear and Castlevania are really their only two popular series.
hey

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 05:04:59 AM »
Here's a new report.
It points out how Konami has turned into the "Kozuki Empire", being completely run by that family, and staff are being mistreated.
It also says the creators of Suikoden, Momotaro Dentetsu and other games have also left, just like Hideo Kojima will.

But, this report says Nintendo is licensing Momotaro Dentetsu for a new game, Momotaro Dentetsu is a former Hudson Soft IP.

So it appears Nintendo taking Hudson Soft's games out of their current demise, is a possibility.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:13:27 AM by Luma Party »

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 07:59:56 PM »
I feel sorry for Konami, I've heard they have been through a lot. Looks like things have gotten worse for them unfortunately. They have some very nice games like Castlevania. Oh well. Also I never heard of the series Nintendo is licencing, sounds nice as the last one was in 2010 according to the article.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »
This article tells us even more about Konami's huge issues, and may tell us why the creators of Momotaro Dentetsu, Castlevania, Love Plus and Suikoden have left.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »
This article tells us even more about Konami's huge issues, and may tell us why the creators of Momotaro Dentetsu, Castlevania, Love Plus and Suikoden have left.
Damn. That's harsh.

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager: