Author Topic: Games you feel that are overrated  (Read 6135 times)

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
Games you feel that are overrated
« on: May 02, 2015, 11:45:24 AM »
Oh boy, another topic that is the opposite of a topic already created. This one you get to complain in!

So any games that you feel that we're praised by a lot of people but you felt weren't all that great or didn't really live up to the hype.

I didn't really like The Binding of Issac.
hey

Offline Don't make me beg

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
Re: Games you feel that are overrated
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »
Not too many I can think of, to be honest, but...

For one thing, Minecraft. Okay, sure, we get it. You're an amazing game, you can build worlds, etc. I'll admit it's a very good game. But it's extremely overpriced, especially given that it is a java game with -extremely low definition graphics.- It just pisses me off that far better devs (who, for example, don't sell out to Microsoft) who sell their games for much lower prices go bankrupt while Minecraft is basically the Mainstream Indie Game.

Another one is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Okay, sure, it's a great game. It has nice graphics. Cool story, too. But other than being able to, I dunno, make a lot of choices it doesn't really seem all that fun. Especially with the CoD style 'spend five seconds taking fire, half a minute waiting to heal' health.
I'm crossing you in style

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 10:43:02 PM »
One game: Minecraft. I f****** hate this game---it has no purpose of being a game. There's no story, and only 1 game in the entire series! It totally deserves to not popular at all. It sucks.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 11:24:32 PM »
For one thing, Minecraft. Okay, sure, we get it. You're an amazing game, you can build worlds, etc. I'll admit it's a very good game. But it's extremely overpriced, especially given that it is a java game with -extremely low definition graphics.- It just pisses me off that far better devs (who, for example, don't sell out to Microsoft) who sell their games for much lower prices go bankrupt while Minecraft is basically the Mainstream Indie Game.
It's success owes a lot to how easy it is to mod and customize and the fact that it's a blank slate building game that resembles Legos. You really can't consider it an indie game anymore considering it's had more of an impact on gaming than most AAA titles will ever hope to achieve. But yeah, it's pretty overrated.

One game: Minecraft. I f****** hate this game---it has no purpose of being a game. There's no story, and only 1 game in the entire series! It totally deserves to not popular at all. It sucks.
They'd make the game longhand but that wouldn't make much sense.
hey

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 12:46:13 AM »

Believe it or not, Telltale Games is going to create a Minecraft adventure game.

We are truly living in the lastest of days. :)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »

Believe it or not, Telltale Games is going to create a Minecraft adventure game.

We are truly living in the lastest of days. :)
OH NO... = :)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 03:25:06 PM »
I'd say Minecraft, Five nights at Freddy's, Call of Duty, and Grand Theft auto, all games I hear people talk about out in public

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 03:42:24 PM »
Each time I think about overrated games, two come to mind. Those being Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Those games were okay at most, but definitely far from being the best Mario games. I thought they were more boring than fun and never truly understood all of their praise. It also added one of the most bland and boring characters ever... I think you know who lol.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »
I like Mario Party 2, but my god, is it overrated. People praise that game way too much.

As, for non-Mario games, Minecraft and Five Nights at Freddy's
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 05:20:11 PM »
I-i just can't into Minecraft either. If I had to relate it to >anything< it'd be Roblox, and aside from pulling some pretty hilarious glitches on there, I don't have that good a time with that MMO.

I know people will hit on me for this, but I didn't get the appeal of Cave Story either. I will, however, thank it for being crucial to the start of the indie game craze that has sweeped the internet.

Also, most FPS. I just don't get the thrill of FPS at all, and on that note I don't get why some of them get ridiculously popular (and errily played by a lot of young boys...CoD....)

And (oh boy) I'm going to call Mario Kart 8 slightly overrated until blue shells are gone. I'm amazed it still hasn't removed in 8 (even with a counter around, the situation where it can be countered seldom appears)! Makes the game feel luck-based...
EDIT: Take that slightly VEEEEEERRRRRYYY lightly though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:42:58 PM by Viboolin of the Pancake »
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »
Amazing I didn't instantly think of CoD for this topic. Honestly, I played the first MW and it was a decent game, sure, but UGH what happened to good FPSes? They just don't make them like they did classics like Quake 2, Opposing Force, etc.

Another popular game I didn't like was Braid. Sure, it was interesting and all, but it just didn't feel all that fluid. Feels less like an actually good game and more like an 'artistic' game.

Offline MKKINGZ

• British weirdo
  • gb 
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »
Minecraft and FNAF

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
Plz don't hurt me , but I'm gonna go ahead and say Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door . I really didn't enjoy any of the chapters or places (except Glitzville , I love you) but they were , for lack of better word , drab . The difficulty spike went way up for me towards the end , too .

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Accj21

• Teamwork makes the meme work
  • Purple is my new favorite color
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 03:55:40 PM »
Sticking to Nintendo:
-M&L: Dream Team
-DKC: Tropical Freeze
-Super Mario 64
-Mario Kart 8