Poll

What is your favorite Boss Minigame and Mid-Boss Minigame? (Pick only one of each)

Mega Goomba's Ladder Leap
Sledge Bro's Card Chaos
Mega Cheep Chomp's Shell Shock
Mega Monty Mole's Maze Mischief
Mega Mechakoopa's Swing & Stomp
Petey's Bomb Battle
King Boo's Tricky Tiles
Mega Blooper's Bubble Battle
Kamek's Rocket Rampage
Bowser's Tank Terror

Author Topic: Favorites Boss Minigames?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
Favorites Boss Minigames?
« on: April 08, 2015, 01:44:41 AM »
So everybody,hello to my poll  :P
What is your favorite Boss and Mid-Boss Minigames?
PLEASE ONLY ANSWER 1 OF EACH
Explain your choices here! Mines are...

Mid-Boss: Mega Monty Mole's Maze Mischief!
It's a fun little boss! A race to the finish in a little maze.. It's simple,fun and not too unfair  :P
(But a bit because sometimes,you can be far of the shorter path)
But still! It's the funnest Mid-Boss to me!

Boss: Petey's Bomb Battle!
My favorite boss and also i believe the first one made for this game!
It's really simple,just a "Red Light, Green Light"-like type of minigame but really fun and well-made!
Even if it's really simple,it's so fun and it's my favorite Boss Minigame!

So what are yours? Tell me here and why  :P

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
Re: Favorites Boss Minigames?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »
Monty Mole and Kamek are the best choices for me here. Although Kamek might have a bit too much health, it does mimic shmups rather well. The former is just basic fun, but it is a little bit unfair at times.
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »
Monty Mole is the best for me! Maze games are always the best! Except that one tho...

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39:15 AM »
 Mega Monty Mole's Maze Mischief and Bowser's Tank Terror. I love those ones!
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:50:36 PM »
Maze Mischief and Rocket Rampage. They're so addicting! ;D

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »
I seen footage of them and I like Monty mole's and Bowser's the most. They look so fun and Bowser's is a pretty neat twist this time....but still generic XP

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »
From what I've seen Kamek's Rocket Rampage and Mega Cheep Chomp's Shell Shock . Kamek's battle has a great atmosphere (get it ?) and the music and visuals were done nicely . Cheep Chomp looks fun in multiplayer , because it is a game of trolling a person while defeating the boss .

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »
From what I've seen Kamek's Rocket Rampage and Mega Cheep Chomp's Shell Shock . Kamek's battle has a great atmosphere (get it ?) and the music and visuals were done nicely . Cheep Chomp looks fun in multiplayer , because it is a game of trolling a person while defeating the boss .
I definitely agree with Kamek, but not Cheep Chomp. It's just you pressing "A" while not having Cheep Chomp face you. It's too much luck. You may not get hit, but only using 2/3 shells! Ridiculous. Here is my list of least favorite boss minigames:
-Mega Goomba: All you're doing is jumping on a goomba; people may be climbing up slowly, while you really want to get up and not get hit by squirrels.
-Petey: Well no offense, but all you're doing is throwing bombs. There's little action going on.
-Cheep Chomp: *explained above*
-Mechakoopa: It's just waiting for an "elevator" to make you do higher, and then jumping on a mechakoopa. Too similar to Mega Goomba.
Mega Monty Mole, Sledge Bro, and possibly King Boo are too simple. They could use some improvement.
Blooper, (Dry) Bowser, and Kamek were the only good ones---both required skill and strategy in order to win the game. ;)
I thought MP10 could've had better bosses. Most of them were too bland and were luck-based.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 07:17:49 AM »
I definitely agree with Kamek, but not Cheep Chomp. It's just you pressing "A" while not having Cheep Chomp face you. It's too much luck. You may not get hit, but only using 2/3 shells! Ridiculous. Here is my list of least favorite boss minigames:
-Mega Goomba: All you're doing is jumping on a goomba; people may be climbing up slowly, while you really want to get up and not get hit by squirrels.
-Petey: Well no offense, but all you're doing is throwing bombs. There's little action going on.
-Cheep Chomp: *explained above*
-Mechakoopa: It's just waiting for an "elevator" to make you do higher, and then jumping on a mechakoopa. Too similar to Mega Goomba.
Mega Monty Mole, Sledge Bro, and possibly King Boo are too simple. They could use some improvement.
Blooper, (Dry) Bowser, and Kamek were the only good ones---both required skill and strategy in order to win the game. ;)
I thought MP10 could've had better bosses. Most of them were too bland and were luck-based.

Well,now my turn to tell my opinion since i started this topic after all  :P

-Mega Goomba: We all agree it's a really lazy boss it's just really repetitive not that fun and not much skill-involved and pretty much just boring...
-Mega Sledge Bro: Dry Bones in MP9 done this minigame RIGHT! Just like "Shy Guy Shuffle",with human players,you just pretty much spam A and hope to get lucky enough to select the right card... It's only fun with AI computers.
-Mega Cheep Chomp: I don't agree much it's a nice minigame! Done the job of the Whomp from MP9 but less chance based and more strategic! It follows the same logic but with more freedom and i think it's a nice thing  :P Kind of remind me the "Pass the Bob-omb" minigame in so much mario parties except with some strategy and risk element! Also,the final hit isn't that much luck-based this  time!  :P
-Mega Monty Mole: Aleredy told about that! Even if it's a lot luck-based,it's still the most fun to me! (Cheep Chomp isn't that kind of frenetic minigame and i can understand why you don't like it much :P )
-Mega Mechakoopa: I think we all agree that it's the WORST boss!! Mechakoopa just randomly throw fire,it's hard to be accurate to jump on his head,it's too repetitive and usually,the one who get the final hit will win anyway... What a waste of a boss  :(
(All mini-bosses are just Mega-Version of enemies... It's a bit lazy don't you think? ^^')
-Petey: I have to explain WHY i love it so much i guess... Well....  :P
IT'S FUN! Simply that,i just find it fun and not that luck-based and it's not THAT repetitive since it's not too long,it's the only boss with the PERFECT peace because all others bosses are way too long and so you feel bored REALLY fast  :-\ And well,it's not boring here because Petey has a random pattern for sucking bombs because he usually fakes when he's about to suck!  :P That makes the minigame more frenetic and just a lot of "shaking the wiimote" but also more strategic because you can't win if you don't watch him carefully!!
-King Boo: Sadly,it's really too boring and it's way too long,you just jump around to the closest switch and that's pretty much that because boos aren't even that hard to remember  :-\
It's just too much luck-based because if a boo is in your way,you have to dodge it and loose time to get to the switches and that's all...
-Blooper: I have to say it's a good boss i can't deny! It's a bit luck-based when there's ink for exemple but it's for the good because you just take a risk if you take a panel randomly and anyway the best player will triumph anyway  8)
-Kamek: Okay now i really don't got it! This boss is really boring... It LOOKS good with all the attacks,the background and the music but overall,it's just going up to get a rocket,aim in at kamek and fire... The AI is always really bad at this one and well it's too repetitive for me anyway i don't like it much...  :mute:
-Bowser: Yes this one is good.. I will get hit but the one in MP9 is WAY better (A dice with each bosses of the game + a mix of luck and skill as a minigame,perfect resum of the Mario Party series) and even it's really long and repetitive,it's done  right,in a good way for a final boss battle (It has a lot of attack and that mushroom system is kind of great!)

So...Here is my opinion  ;D The ones in MP9 were still way better and i  aleredy explained why  :P (More fun,way better done,less luck-based and each bosses of a board were based on 1 category)