Author Topic: Your favorite and least favorite thing(s) about MP10  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Your favorite and least favorite thing(s) about MP10
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:38:30 PM »
Favorites: Bowser Party, Toad's Room (in general ;p)
Least Favorites: Chaos Castle Ending, Not enough minigames

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
Re: Your favorite and least favorite thing(s) about MP10
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
Favorite things: Amiibo Party, Mushroom Park

Least Favorite things: Pretty much the same exact things as you, dude.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 06:28:56 PM »
I don't have the game but I do like Amiibo party, Mushroom Park, the challenges is a cool addition, bowser party seems OP for Bowser of course but I do like it, the character roster is nice

What I don't like about this game: the rules for some of the mini games, Bowser party a bit also XD, The Character rostor could be bigger too, lack of more modes

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:56:54 PM »
I don't have the game but I do like Amiibo party, Mushroom Park, the challenges is a cool addition, bowser party seems OP for Bowser of course but I do like it, the character roster is nice

What I don't like about this game: the rules for some of the mini games, Bowser party a bit also XD, The Character rostor could be bigger too, lack of more modes
Yeah, I agree. You should check out Dark Boo's "Minigame Ridiculous" topic about the minigame rules (I totally agree with you), and I actually think there will be DLC for the game. Hopefully we get characters like Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones*, or Bowser Jr!
*=only allowed in Mario Party

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:14:25 AM »
Like: You have a lot of modes to play...
The minigames are great and inventive
Can pick "Without Random" minigames (Even if the luck minigames ARE good)
All modes are funs
Mario Party Mode is more complex (and you can have bonus dices more easily)
Bets of 5 Ministars for battle minigames
Lots of content to unlock
Don't like: ...But each mode are too simple
Only 5 boards in Mario Party Mode and only 3 in Bowser Party
Minigames explaination
Mario Party Mode is shortened (And you can loose 1/2 your ministars more easily)
Boss Battles are not as good as in MP9
Some boards are too luck-based to me
Can't pick the minigame anymore when you fall on a VS space
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:19:36 AM by Spongyoshi »

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »
Good:
-Challenges, especially the minigame-related ones. A couple are silly or even ridiculous though...*Points at the one where you need to have everyone roll the same number in 1 turn*
-Bowser Party is...actually a good idea for making use of the MP9-style gameplay. I liked it a lot.
-The mix-and-match idea for Amiibo boards is excellent. I wish they expanded on this more to make full-fledged boards comparable to the GCN ones - they'd make Amiibos far more worth it.
-Gimmicks on Airship Central are great (although the storm cloud section needs to be nerfed to losing 10 or so ministars upon being struck by the cannons)
-Solid minigame collection. This MP is worth it for the minigames, kinda like how 8 was worth it for the boards. I do admit, there is a disturbing lack of 1v3/2v2 minigames, however.

Bad:
-Why is it actually harder to get when Bowser Jr. Spaces appear rather than Bowser spaces? Shouldn't the latter be harder to have happen during a game?
-Why are there two Bowser Jr. minigames? They seem to serve no point; maybe they were leftovers from Mario Party 9 or were ideas that were made for BJr. Minigames in MP10 before that idea was scrapped zel?
-Amiibo Party, despite following traditional rules, suffers linearity issues. It would be SO MUCH COOLER if it at least had branching paths, Event Spaces that change events depending on the amiibo's board it's on, etc.
-Whimsical Waters (Bowser Party mode) has the first intersection. There's no reason to take the route with all the +1 Bowser Dice/Back Spaces, so why is it there?
-There could be more Bowser Minigames, but this is a minor complaint in my book.
-Five boards. There hasn't been a Mario Party with five or less boards since DS, and even then DS was a portable game, so it was excusable. I mean, really, I don't think it would've been bad to add a couple more boards.

Ugly:
-MINIGAME INSTRUCTIONS!!!! Especially Bouncy Brawl. Spin too fast? Too bad! You're gonna end up like the cat in my avatar zel.
-"Half your ministars/hearts" appears WAAAAAAY too often. I mean if it's a major board gimmick you can recover from (Magma Mine...), fine, but MP10 just seems to have way too many of them. The bowser lock gimmick means that four exist on four out of the five boards, and because it is so easy to release Bowser...
-(Continuing on) You can have those "Battle for half your ministars" minigames that can make almost the rest of the game pointless in one shot if you place first. I mean, really? There were occasions where you can occasionally duel someone else for 1 (or even 2) stars, or Chance Time to move some around, but this is essentially making everyone bet 2 stars. And unlike Chance Time/Star-betting Duels, this happens rather frequently.
-And Chaos Castle's ending just takes the "half your ministars" problem up to the maximum by putting the problem RIGHT AT THE END. And very difficult to avoid, too.
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)