Author Topic: Minigames Ruin this Game  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Minigames Ruin this Game
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:47:29 AM »
I personally found I was enjoying the game more than MP9, until the minigames showed up.
Minigames were my favourite part of a lot of the Mario Party games, but in Mario Party 10 they suck.
These are the worst minigames I have ever played, I don't enjoy any of them.
There is not one minigame I can say I wish would come up more.
There is a lack of description, going with the fact, they aren't fun anyway.
I'm getting so annoyed with them so much, to the fact I quit amiibo Party with 2 turns left.
Just really disappointed this time around.

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
Re: Minigames Ruin this Game
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 04:52:16 AM »
Well....their not all bad but yeah the previous games did have better (don't know about IT though)
I did see footage of them and some of them looked cool while others...idk :P

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 04:53:51 AM »
Well....their not all bad but yeah the previous games did have better (don't know about IT though)
In the trailer they made Peepa Panic look really fun, yet the explanation never said first to try end wins, it gave the impression last standing wins, I played it , had all three lives, but came 3rd...

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 04:59:47 AM »
In the trailer they made Peepa Panic look really fun, yet the explanation never said first to try end wins, it gave the impression last standing wins, I played it , had all three lives, but came 3rd...

Yeah that's the one with the most controversy I see XD but what about the others? I like the snakeblock platforming one, and the golf one

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 07:10:05 AM »
I kinda find my opinion pretty opposite, with the minigames making this game. I do admit, the minigame explanations REALLY need to be better. Try playing the minigames with no one having any experience with them and you're bound to get some screwovers, hence having someone who's experienced with them can keep the players from feeling cheated out (Peepa Panic,Snack Block Party, and the spiked ball hallway one due to not explaining to reach the end first, Bouncy Brawl due to not explaining pressing 2 too fast is bad).
Get past the poor minigame explanations, and most of the minigames are pretty good (except Badminton Bash and the Mechakoopa boss battle. I can't defend those two due to bad controls).
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 07:19:47 AM »
I personally found I was enjoying the game more than MP9, until the minigames showed up.
Minigames were my favourite part of a lot of the Mario Party games, but in Mario Party 10 they suck.
These are the worst minigames I have ever played, I don't enjoy any of them.
There is not one minigame I can say I wish would come up more.
There is a lack of description, going with the fact, they aren't fun anyway.
I'm getting so annoyed with them so much, to the fact I quit amiibo Party with 2 turns left.
Just really disappointed this time around.

I have to disagree with that. In my opinion, the minigames in this game are great, not all of them, of course, but still, very good. Sure, they're not as good as the minigames from the older Mario Parties, like MP8, but they're way better than MP9's. The minigames in MP9 felt so... bland to me. To be honest, I have to agree with the lack of description, though :-D. Also, I quit amiibo Party before it has ended, too, but not because of the minigames, no, but because the entire mode, like the MP9 minigames feels so bland to me. It's boring and it'd be better if they made the game without this mode and added something else in its place. I admire them that they tried to bring back the old-school Mario Parties gameplay, though.

Offline SMK

• Formally Sir Metal King
  • gb 
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 07:24:24 AM »
I despise most of the mini-games in this game except the Bowser mini-games which are all pretty fun.

1. Too much luck again. Like most Mario Party games, a lot of the games are based on pure luck making them pointless.
2. Too simple. I find that most of the mini-games are simple and very easy to win.
3. Explanations are the worst. Come on, no controls page? Is it really that hard to list controls and the idea of the game?
4. It's 'Practice' not 'Practise'.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 01:00:40 PM »
I've been enjoying the minigames just as much as I did in MP9 (which I loved and thought were some of the best of the series). Not sure if I like these better, need to play them more.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 03:43:51 PM »
The minigames are the best part of the game for me. Seriously, There wasn't a single Minigame in this game that I hated.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 04:21:57 PM »
Eh, I'm kinda neutral. I definitely agree with DB; some of them should be the # of hearts, not who gets there first. I kinda was hoping for more free for alls; we only got 31. If there was DLC, there should be MORE minigames.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »

Had happen to me too...
I enjoy some of the minigames but in MP mode, they appear FREQUENTLY... Played Airship Central and played around 30 minigames with my mom... I think they up the ante'd on the minigame appearance rate.
I don't think the minigames are ridiculous yet the rules get on my nerves...

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »
Okay everybody agree,this game have the WORST rules screen of the Mario Party Series  :P
But i kinda like the minigames MOSTLY  :P (Even if im not as good as the MP9 and MPIT ones and liked the ones of MP9 more)
At first,my first time playing,i said: OMG YOU CAN PICK NO-LUCK MINIGAMES IN MARIO PARTY MODE!!
And you know what? After playing the minigame... I would never pick that.. Because there is NO minigames that are 100% Luck Based!!  :o (Except in Bowser Party and you can't help that..)
I think there is only 3 of them in Mario Party Mode actually  :P :
-Bob-omb Combo: Im so good at it! It doesn't feel THAT luck-based to me and... It's fun!
-Balloon Blast Bash: Not that much luck after all,it's pretty much get risky or get nothing  :P
-Fruit Cahoots: It's the Whomp Boss minigame in a more simple format and.. Don't like it much,the more luck-based of the bunch but it's fine  ::)
The 2VS2 minigames are AMAZING btw and same to the 1VS3 minigames that are REALLY MUCH MUCH better than the ones in Mario Party 9 (They were bad..)
ALSO TWO GLORIOUS MINIGAMES ARE BACK IMPROVED!!
Steal the Beat similar to Move To The Music
and Dice 'n' Dash similar to TOAD IN THE BOX MY FAVORITE MINIGAME EVER  :-D
I think the minigames are solid  :P But some are too random and some rely too much on ties :-\
BUT the Boss Minigames are SO BAD compared to Mario Party 9. It's just a repetitve task until the end for most of them!
For me,the only good ones are Petey Pirahna,Mega Monty Mole and Cheep Chomp
Well... Sorry to have talked a lot but i wanted to tell you all that  :P I also love Bowser Minigames btw and i like the minigames of this game but not as much as i did for MP9 that's all  :P

Offline k-g-brown@att.net

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
I understand that the minigame rules screen could be a little more detailed on what you need to do, but this is the result of people not giving Mario Party 10 a fair chance. :( The developers probably felt condemned and lost confidence in trying make the game better. Please understand. :(

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
I understand that the minigame rules screen could be a little more detailed on what you need to do, but this is the result of people not giving Mario Party 10 a fair chance. :( The developers probably felt condemned and lost confidence in trying make the game better. Please understand. :(
While i'm happy that you're defending the game, i don't think that Nd Cube were really paying attention to what people were saying about the game.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 10:32:26 PM »
The Minigames don't actually ruin the game - they make it (like all Mario Party's beforehand).
It's the lack of instructions and modes that ruin it.

...and lack of minigames too (applies to Bowser Party). :P