Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 06:55:08 PM »
I don't like the nature beautification. Hopefully, they add/have darker natural terrains. Music isn't interesting.

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 08:58:29 PM »
I'm really liking this new approach. I love open worlds that have lots to explore and do. Just the fact I can climb about anything is astonishing. Reminds me a of Xenoblade a lot.

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Kaede

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 01:58:04 AM »
I love the beauty of the environment because it separates the game from being another Dark Souls/Elder Scrolls cookie cutter.

Offline Marioguy

• Spent 4 years in cryogenic freeze
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »
This is certainly going to be Nintendo's most ambitious game to date. If they can pull it off, it could be greater than OOT. I'm really looking forward to this game.

While I'm probably going to dump the username I don't want to get rid of the banner though...

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
I got to play the two demos they had at E3! :S

Game is really awesome and definitely different from any of the past games, and that is very refreshing. My first demo I set a field of dry grass on fire so that was pretty neat. I also got the Fire Rod! :D

Second demo is at the very start of the game. Instead of going to old man or to the temple, I turned around and went into the snowy area. Cooked some Hot Peppers together to make a meal that will let me withstand the cold, then I climbed the highest peak in the area. Used my shield to snowboard down to the icy lake below.

BUT! I do have to say that on the technical side of things, the game wasn't at its best. Several times the frame rate noticeably dipped and the graphics were blurry and not as sharp as they are in the trailer and the live streams. So if that's the case, NX is a must for this game.

Offline Slorbutte

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 10:15:54 PM »
That shield riding thing was so cool!

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 05:09:44 AM »
Bump noted.

First live footage of the Switch in the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (second half of video), featuring BoTW.

It appears that the fps is quite smooth on the Switch handheld (within the limits of streaming video ofc) when not docked, though of course we can't tell if more intense environs would result in framerate drops. I don't recall if we've seen the armor and shield Link has in previous demo videos or playable demos.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:13:16 AM by The Shattered Legacy »

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui: