Author Topic: Mini-Game Ridiculousness  (Read 7226 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Re: Mini-Game Ridiculousness
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »
Uh, guys? Practice mode exists, you know?
It does, but tbh I hardly use it. If only ND Cube could be more self-explanatory with the minigames...

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »

Ummm... practice using WHAT controls...? If I have to practice +5 times for one mini-game due to unexplained controls, that is ridiculous. You practice to get better NOT to figure out the actual controls... And I have practiced many minigames with my mom just for BOTH of us to be confused...

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »

Ummm... practice using WHAT controls...? If I have to practice +5 times for one mini-game due to unexplained controls, that is ridiculous. You practice to get better NOT to figure out the actual controls... And I have practiced many minigames with my mom just for BOTH of us to be confused...
Even stuff Like Soar to Score, it took FOREVER to get a perfect 200, and for some reason the controls weren't really working for Ice Slide, You Slide. And I agree, practicing is to get better, not really focusing on the controls (unless it's your 1st time playing that game :p)
Sometimes, practice mode helps, while at other times it didn't. I literally had to show my dad using the gamepad how to play he minigame because the controls were so ridiculous. And tbh, some of the Bowser minigames are a bit unfair because you could lose ALL your hearts like in Bowser's Bogus Bingo, while you may only lose 1 heart in Bowser's Bad Breath or Bowser's Hammer Slammer. Some changes in Bowser minigames would to make Bowser breathe 2 fireballs in Bowser's Fire Bar Fury, or even increasing the time in Bowser's Clawful Climb to 15 sec, while only losing 2 hearts instead of 3. Though, some minigames like Bowser's Painball and Bowser's Bogus Bingo do a good job of varying the number of hearts people lose. (Bogus Bingo is 0-8 hearts

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »

Doesn't really change the fact that you atleast have a option to see how the controls work before starting the actual game. Trust me. Me and my cousin had enough times to figure out the controls, thanks to Practice mode.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 01:22:48 AM »

Doesn't really change the fact that you atleast have a option to see how the controls work before starting the actual game. Trust me. Me and my cousin had enough times to figure out the controls, thanks to Practice mode.
I don't believe that, because there are minigames with not-so-obvious controls that are implemented in the game. Try some random buttons on some minigames and see for yourself. :P

(This is based off what I've seen as I still don't own the game)

• us 
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »

I don't believe that, because there are minigames with not-so-obvious controls that are implemented in the game. Try some random buttons on some minigames and see for yourself. :P

(This is based off what I've seen as I still don't own the game)
Already played all the minigames, so I really don't need to do that. But, whatever, let's just end this dumb argument. It's kinda pointless.
Meh.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »

Once again, what controls? They do a poor job at explaining the controls. The only time I practiced was to get the feeling of the controls and get better at the controls. I don't practice a minigame to actually FIGURE OUT the control scheme. That Twisting Crap where you press 2 to gain speed to knock off the players, nowhere in the control it states that if you do it too much, you spin out (Which is almost equivalent to breaking your shield in SSB Wii U) and you're rendered useless and get knocked into oblivion lol.

• us 
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »

Once again, what controls? They do a poor job at explaining the controls. The only time I practiced was to get the feeling of the controls and get better at the controls. I don't practice a minigame to actually FIGURE OUT the control scheme. That Twisting Crap where you press 2 to gain speed to knock off the players, nowhere in the control it states that if you do it too much, you spin out (Which is almost equivalent to breaking your shield in SSB Wii U) and you're rendered useless and get knocked into oblivion lol.
Ok, ok. I get it. The damn game doesn't explain alot about the minigames. Can we just stop this stupid argument?
Meh.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
Practice mode only confuses me more
rip dinosaur