Author Topic: Mini-Game Ridiculousness  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
Mini-Game Ridiculousness
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:14:16 PM »
Okay am I the only one but in some mini-games (Especially the side scrolling ones) the rules are so BAD to where you get no hint of how to actually play the mini-game itself...? Peeka Panic I thought whoever had the most hearts instead it was whoever gets to the ending 1st which pissed me off b/c Rosalina got to the end with 1 heart while I had 3 hearts and she got 1st. The Snake Block Party I SWEAR TO GOD I got there before Wario and MY PLACEMENT DISPLAY CAME UP BEFORE HIS AND IT SAID 2ND WHILE HE SAID 1ST... I don't like the mini-game rules screen because its so badly made to where everything is simplified which in my opinion is not bad but it kinda make that screen pointless especially with their "Avoid xxx" or "Tap xxx continuously" or simple laymen terms... At times I just feel duped...

Offline AdmiralSol

• Just Average Gamer
  • Awe, It's adorable~
  • us 
Re: Mini-Game Ridiculousness
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:28:55 PM »
I agree with you DarkBoo, some of the minigames have poorly done rule screens. I actually miss the "Tips" section of the mini-game rule part too, Mostly because I don't understand how to work "Soar to Score". That game pisses me off so much.

That being said, I also don't like how the game assumes that when you hold it sideways you should automatically assume you move with the D-pad. Granted that may seem obvious, but when I was playing with friends, half of them would go "how do we move?" and i would reply, oh the D-Pad. Seriously only some of the mini-games make that clear.

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »
Eh, I agree. Some of the platformers are too short, and there needed to be more free-for alls. I agree with DB, it should be the # of hearts, not who gets there first. :/

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 05:45:16 PM »
I agree with you DarkBoo, some of the minigames have poorly done rule screens. I actually miss the "Tips" section of the mini-game rule part too, Mostly because I don't understand how to work "Soar to Score". That game pisses me off so much.

That being said, I also don't like how the game assumes that when you hold it sideways you should automatically assume you move with the D-pad. Granted that may seem obvious, but when I was playing with friends, half of them would go "how do we move?" and i would reply, oh the D-Pad. Seriously only some of the mini-games make that clear.

Soar to Score I have YET to understand... PREACH ON ABOUT THE AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME MOVEMENT WITH D-PAD. My mom was asking the same question too and I always would get mad at the screen period due to them explaining things poorly...

Eh, I agree. Some of the platformers are too short, and there needed to be more free-for alls. I agree with DB, it should be the # of hearts, not who gets there first. :/

Agreed. # of hearts, if tied number of hearts, who get there 1st.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »
I honestly have no problems with the Minigame rules honestly. Although, I will admit, I dislike how they don't explain much, especially for younger gamers.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 05:05:30 AM »
Yes!
Someone who agrees with me!

I actually had the same experience in Peepa Panic, Rosalina had 1 heart, I had 3, she won.

There is a lack of explanation, and lack of enjoyment or common sense.
At least Mario Party 9 had good mini-games, these all suck.

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »
Yeah, um...I cringe at the lack of minigame explanations. The format for minigame explanations used in 1-7 was fine, and 9 was okay with them, but 10? Yeesh zel...
Some people will get caught by Peepa Panic and Snake Block Party because whoever reaches the goal first in those gets 1st, not depending on hearts.
But I can >definitely< say that anyone who played Bouncy Brawl was probably taken off guard by the fact that the game never explained that spinning too fast will stun you, which will most likely cause you to get ringed out. Pretty mean trap caused by poor game explanations.

That being said, the minigames themselves are quite fine IMO.
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 04:47:29 PM »
Yeah, um...I cringe at the lack of minigame explanations. The format for minigame explanations used in 1-7 was fine, and 9 was okay with them, but 10? Yeesh zel...
Some people will get caught by Peepa Panic and Snake Block Party because whoever reaches the goal first in those gets 1st, not depending on hearts.
But I can >definitely< say that anyone who played Bouncy Brawl was probably taken off guard by the fact that the game never explained that spinning too fast will stun you, which will most likely cause you to get ringed out. Pretty mean trap caused by poor game explanations.

That being said, the minigames themselves are quite fine IMO.

YOU BETTER PREACH ABOUT BOUNCY BRAWL
That had happen to me and I got FLOWN off by CPU and lost! Gah bringing back the memories...

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 08:20:37 AM »
I also had a problem with Bouncy Brawl but a different one  :P
I thought it was using motion controls at first so i failed xD
Yeah what a badly done Rules Screen it is  :(
Especially in renverse minigames "THE RULES ARE INVERSED" yeah but WHAT are the rules?!  >:(

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »
This is so true, i still dont know how some of the games work lol
rip dinosaur

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
Reverse mini-games are the worse. The rules are inversed! Really...

Blooper Blastoff is even more ridiculous...

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 04:53:09 PM »

And for Blooper Blastoff, I FINALLY found out hat you have to not keep tapping "2", but making a sync with "2". :/

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 01:51:59 AM »

And for Blooper Blastoff, I FINALLY found out hat you have to not keep tapping "2", but making a sync with "2". :/

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I thought you had to keep pressing 2... The rules didn't even help me NONE bit. I feel like my mom now since she be confused with minigames but now she has a VALID reason... smh. I had epic failed that damn mini-game

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 05:53:52 AM »
ikr! Some of these minigames are ridiculous! >:D

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »
Uh, guys? Practice mode exists, you know?
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)