Author Topic: Electrifying Gallery (v 2.0)  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Colyton

• ca 
Electrifying Gallery (v 2.0)
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »
I wasn't sure whether to ask for a revival or make a whole new topic. After a while, I thought that starting fresh was the way to go. So, this might be my new art topic.

For any old artwork, please refer to my old topic: Here
or my Deviantart: Here

Now, a couple of last pieces:
Spoiler: DJ Drawing 1 (2014) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DJ Drawings (2015) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Women Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Photographer Design (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Signatures (click to show/hide)

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
Re: Electrifying Gallery (v 2.0)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »
Wow these look really nice! Awesome job...DJ :P

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »
Haha thanks a lot M4E. I try to do my best and I've been trying all sorts of stuff recently, so it's actually fun. :P

Offline Mother4Ever

• us 
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:15:17 AM »
Haha thanks a lot M4E. I try to do my best and I've been trying all sorts of stuff recently, so it's actually fun. :P

It does look fun to draw characters like that, the best I can do is my profile pic (and I few others I'll post in the future) :P your really good!

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:36 AM »
Oh hey you made your topic again sweet
I love the sense of humanity that you've given these designs, it really makes a viewer feel that human element behind characters
Also really happy to see how you've come since the early days; never stop improving!

There are still a few issues in terms of the anatomy but I'll probably post another message later with some red lining for areas that I feel need tweaking

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 07:43:47 AM »
@HJ: Yeah, the more I observe them, the more I find some things that kind of bug me, or that I would've done differently.
I might leave my DJ design alone for now. I kind of want to work more on my other designs. (Fairy, FX, Zamus and the native woman (which I have a little something almost ready).

@M4E: There's always a start for anything! All I can say is that if you want to improve, draw a lot! (That's what one of my teachers used to say haha). Also, depending on your style, you can always get inspired by other people's work.

Offline Mother4Ever

• us 
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »
Well you and 8B1T inspired me a lot :o you guys draw amazingly, I'm gonna keep saying it too :P

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 02:00:05 PM »
Aye, thanks man! It's great to see we can inspire people ^^

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 05:26:12 AM »
Spoiler: Redlining (click to show/hide)
Hey Spirit, like I promised, here's some redlining and thoughts from my view on tweaking these images up. Common themes include necks and wrists, as well as uneven eyes when checking the true planes of the head vs eyes.
Note that I am not perfect and that these are simply my suggestions based on personal experience. (Heck, I see an error in my redline at the pants/legs for 2014 DJ full body!)

If you have further questions/inquiries, I'm more than happy to answer!

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 07:33:40 PM »
Some new stuff coming your way. I haven't done anything in the past 5 days or so actually. I was just kind of lazy and since I should be restarting college soon, I might not have many more for a while. So, I'll probably do some more tomorrow, but that depends.

Spoiler: Bromance FX+DJ (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FX Face (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Codename: Zamus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Work In Progress (click to show/hide)

For the future:
I want to do more and I have a couple of ideas for future drawings. Other than finishing the portrait and coloring some of these already posted drawings, I want to explore even more poses. For the male models and female models I have up. I also want to try different styles, I want to go with different cartoony styles and see how I like it. Mature and for the younger audience cartoon styles. Also, other than the styles and poses, it's the interaction between the characters. Note that Colyton, Anthony and Zamus are all part of the same universe, while the Woman of Fire, the ''Great Fairy'' and the surfer I mentioned are most likely from another universe. I could make one whole universe, but for now, I want to use those two world's to make the interactions.

I also want to explore more into creatures, mutations and animals. So expect some non-humans drawings.

Hopefully, college doesn't keep me way too busy and I can still make some more later...

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »
Nice Escher.

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 08:36:47 PM »
Haha yeah, she actually gave me the reference and all.

Offline Mother4Ever

• us 
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 08:38:32 PM »
Those are AWESOME DJ. Great work as usual :-D you should teach me how to draw like that!

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 07:34:05 AM »
Really, the more you practice drawing, the better you get. If you compare these drawings from the ones I made last year, the year before and so on, there should be an amelioration. A small one or a bigger one. lol

Offline Mother4Ever

• us 
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 07:49:47 AM »
Really, the more you practice drawing, the better you get. If you compare these drawings from the ones I made last year, the year before and so on, there should be an amelioration. A small one or a bigger one. lol

I guess your right. Did you see my Drawings that I posted? That's what I can do :P yours looks way better lol