Author Topic: DLC for Mario Party 10  (Read 14070 times)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
Re: DLC for Mario Party 10
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 02:48:09 AM »
Why would we have Bowser Jr if he has his own space? :P
They should do free updates instead like with Mario Kart 8 with his 200cc and such.
Adding more options for Mario Party Mode (Bonus Stars Yes/No,Disable Bowser Jail,ect)
As well as adding more minigames modes and adjusting some stuffs and such.
And with a DLC icon for some packs like "Bowser498" said but the new vehicules should come with the new boards  :P
Also,retro courses? Boards from Mario Party 9?

Offline k-g-brown@att.net

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »
I just want to ask a couple of questions since I can't get over all the hate Mario Party 10 is getting. :(

1. Is Mario Party 10 a Good, Bad, or Average game?

2. Can Mario Party 10 be made better?

3. Might the fanbase be a contributing factor to why Mario Party 10 didn't turn out too well?

4. Do we really deserve to have the old Mario Party board mechanic back?

5. Will the Mario Party series see new light?

6. What can we do to help Nintendo and Nd Cube feel comforted and not condemned?

I really can't stand the negativity towards Nd Cube's Mario Parties. I'm sure that they made their games with good intentions, but for their intentions to be soured by the complaints of the fans sounds dreadfully demoralizing and unfair. :'( Can someone plant some optimism into me and make feel better because I don't want to end up hating Nd Cube myself. 

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 12:39:51 AM »
^ - My answers to all those questions:
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 04:23:57 AM »
1. Average
2-5: Yes
6. Bring back the old formula!

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 08:37:51 AM »
1. Terrible
2. Yes
3. Nope. A fanbase may not be easy to please, but a bad game is bad on its own merits.
4. Yes.
5. Maybe.
6. Ditch the stupid gimmicks and bring back the gameplay that made the series fun.

Kid, I've got two words for you: Drop it. You like MP 10 and people don't, that's fine. But you aren't going to make people like the game when you act like this. A magical thing called 'opinions' exist and you should respect that.

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 07:07:52 PM »
1. Average
2-5: Yes
6. Bring back the old formula!

For 6 I said what can "we" do to make them feel better, not what "they" can do to make themselves feel better.

1. Terrible
2. Yes
3. Nope. A fanbase may not be easy to please, but a bad game is bad on its own merits.
4. Yes.
5. Maybe.
6. Ditch the stupid gimmicks and bring back the gameplay that made the series fun.

Kid, I've got two words for you: Drop it. You like MP 10 and people don't, that's fine. But you aren't going to make people like the game when you act like this. A magical thing called 'opinions' exist and you should respect that.
First of all, I'm not the only one who likes Mario Party 10. Second of all, I never said anyone had to like the game. And third of all, I respect people's opinions. It's fine if they don't like the game, but pessimistically hating on it is the problem. Negativity AND complaining draw what you want further away from you, and that's why the answer to question 3(in my opinion) is "yes" and question 4 "no".
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:12:07 PM by Dark Boo »

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:45 PM »
It's a random questionnaire on the internet. Do I look like I give a s*** about technicalities?

It's not a question of "the fans deserving it." It's a matter of whether the gameplay mechanics will appeal to consumer interests, as Nintendo is a company that looks for profit in fun games. If there's more criticism than praise for legitimate reasons (IE poorly implemented mechanics, baggy controls, so on,)  chances are you have a shoddy product that won't sell. (Granted, it's Nintendo, so even the duds would sell and have fans.) MP10 is a shoddy product; It's a soulless rehash of MP9 with minigames that are godawful and almost no explanation of how they work. It's worse than 8, and I highly dislike 8 even if it does have the old gameplay.

I don't have anything against Nintendo; I love the Pikmin series, and even if 3 took too long to release, it still is a wonderful game in itself. It's how they treat their big mascot in spinoffs I'm disappointed in, as more often than not it feels like rushed tripe, especially with the Mario Party titles.

Bottom line is, MP10 is horrible, Nintendo is great, and I'm not debating this with some fanboy on the internet.

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 04:28:13 AM »
For 6 I said what can "we" do to make them feel better, not what "they" can do to make themselves feel better.
Well, then probably convince people to not buy it so Nintendo and ND Cube would understand to bring the old mechanic back.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 05:08:17 AM »
Well, then probably convince people to not buy it so Nintendo and ND Cube would understand to bring the old mechanic back.
So, basically, you're saying we should boycott the next game? No offense, but that's a horrible idea. We probably wouldn't have a another Mario Party game if we did that.

Honestly, I don't see why just have both mechanics. Sure, the game will take longer to make, but at least everyone would happy.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
They totally to take a lot of time for the next Mario Party,they REALLY NEED to make a choice about the Mario Party series... I really wonder if..

-They will just care about the car system again
- Do a rehash of Wii Party
- Put the old and new system together
- Re-take the new system (but only if they find fresh ideas with)
- Re-do a brand new game-system

Im really curious what will be the  Nintendo decision... Good luck to try to please the Mario Party fanbase,you will need it  :P

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 08:55:58 PM »
It's a random questionnaire on the internet. Do I look like I give a s*** about technicalities?

It's not a question of "the fans deserving it." It's a matter of whether the gameplay mechanics will appeal to consumer interests, as Nintendo is a company that looks for profit in fun games. If there's more criticism than praise for legitimate reasons (IE poorly implemented mechanics, baggy controls, so on,)  chances are you have a shoddy product that won't sell. (Granted, it's Nintendo, so even the duds would sell and have fans.) MP10 is a shoddy product; It's a soulless rehash of MP9 with minigames that are godawful and almost no explanation of how they work. It's worse than 8, and I highly dislike 8 even if it does have the old gameplay.

I don't have anything against Nintendo; I love the Pikmin series, and even if 3 took too long to release, it still is a wonderful game in itself. It's how they treat their big mascot in spinoffs I'm disappointed in, as more often than not it feels like rushed tripe, especially with the Mario Party titles.

Bottom line is, MP10 is horrible, Nintendo is great, and I'm not debating this with some fanboy on the internet.
Fine. But remember, you said we should respect people's opinions. And mine is that Mario Party 10 could've been a good game if people had given it chance. I'm smarter than you may think and I'm not afraid to make that statement.

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 09:23:31 PM »
They totally to take a lot of time for the next Mario Party,they REALLY NEED to make a choice about the Mario Party series... I really wonder if..

-They will just care about the car system again
- Do a rehash of Wii Party
- Put the old and new system together
- Re-take the new system (but only if they find fresh ideas with)
- Re-do a brand new game-system

Im really curious what will be the  Nintendo decision... Good luck to try to please the Mario Party fanbase,you will need it  :P
What I'm thinking is that they can either return the old system but implement two boss battles for each board in some way(which is something we should've given Mario Party 9 credit for) OR have both systems but add little games to decide what you roll(like on GamePad Island from Wii Party U) to the vehicle system to make it less luck-based. The game starts with normal dice rolls so players won't always go for the same numbers all the time. And also, the more Mini Stars you have, the harder your rolls are gonna be. What do you think of that?!

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 10:13:01 PM »
Listen here KG, if you double post one more time, you will get a warning leading to a ban... this is your 4th time doing this crap. EDIT YOUR POST.

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 03:00:40 AM »
So, basically, you're saying we should boycott the next game? No offense, but that's a horrible idea. We probably wouldn't have a another Mario Party game if we did that.
Yes, but that would teach ND Cube to RETURN TO THE OLD MECHANICS!

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 04:27:52 AM »
Yes, but that would teach ND Cube to RETURN TO THE OLD MECHANICS!
You didn't read the entirely of the post, didn't you?
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)