Author Topic: Mario Party 10 Reviews  (Read 11781 times)

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
Re: Mario Party 10 Reviews
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 02:48:21 AM »
I'm so conflicted from and can't get over all the negative reception that Mario Party 10 is getting.:'( Now I myself don't dislike the game(even though I haven't played through all of it yet), but what I do dislike are the people who dislike the game. I respect the fact that they don't like some of the content, but Mario Party 10 could've turned out to be a great game IF people had given it a chance. You see, it's like this from what I remember: when the E3 trailer dropped in, a lot people saw Mario Party 9's mechanic return, immediately went off like bombs without understanding the reason behind it, and started judging the game before any further development came along.:( To me the reason many people think Mario Party 10 turned out so bad is not because of the developers but because of the fans. A more positive alternative to what happened at E3 could've been that the people, even though they didn't like the vehicle mechanic, looked on the bright side knowing that there may be some good things to come or asked Nintendo ever so kindly to incorporate the old mechanic into the game. But instead they chose to complain and be pessimistic about the game, and will that get them what they want? NO! It'll actually prevent them from getting what they want. Even if the old mechanic does come back in the next Mario Party installment, their complaining is why they don't deserve to have it back. I'm sure the developers meant well and had a good reason to do so when they brought Mario Party 9's mechanic back, but many other people don't think so due to their lack of optimism, poor judgment, and poor comprehension.:( What I would like to see in the future of Nintendo's lifespan is for their fans to appreciate the effort the developers put into their games. Things won't always go the way they want it to go, but complaining and being negative about it makes them no better than what they say the developers are. And that goes for all of us. We all need to have positive hope for things to turn out right, and if they don't, understand the reasons behind them and know the good purposes for whatever happens in life. Forgive me for this extensive speech. All I ask is that you acknowledge what will give you a better view of life in gaming and in every aspect. Thank you to whoever takes the time to read this post, respond to it, and agree with it!:)

This guy has my respect

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »
Okay, I never denied this game a chance.
The second I read they announced it, I said I'm getting it.
I bought it 2 days after launch (would've had it lauch day, but I was in Florida), and bought 2 amiibo to go with it.
But I mean, it's the only game I've ever bought that after about 6 hours on it, I'm tired of it.
It's like Nintendo and Nd Cube just thought "It'll sell anyway, so who cares how good it is!"
I mean they reused half of MP9's music.
The minigames have zero explanation, and they're pretty much bad remakes of MP9's minigames.
The roster sucks, lack of enemies other than Spike.
I don't care who develops it, I mean after Konami bought out Hudson, their President and a bunch of key employees moved to Nd Cube.
The difference is however, now Nintendo owns the company making the game, meaning they have more control.
It's like we got half of a game.
I'm just completely disappointed with this, not worth $60.

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 07:02:30 PM »
I bought it 2 days after launch (would've had it lauch day, but I was in Florida), and bought 2 amiibo to go with it.
But I mean, it's the only game I've ever bought that after about 6 hours on it, I'm tired of it.
It's like Nintendo and Nd Cube just thought "It'll sell anyway, so who cares how good it is!"
The minigames have zero explanation, and they're pretty much bad remakes of MP9's minigames.
I don't care who develops it, I mean after Konami bought out Hudson, their President and a bunch of key employees moved to Nd Cube.
The difference is however, now Nintendo owns the company making the game, meaning they have more control.
Even with my review, I agree with most of yours. The game should be $35, plus $5 per Amiibo. $12 is WAY too much!
Especially in Whimsical Waters in Bowser Party, the first route is incomplete. As said, I bought the game on release date---I was mostly doing the challenges.
There should've been an OLD-SCHOOL formula; that's what people love! Think about what the fans like... The minigames, well...
I had to explain to Dark Boo how Blooper Blastoff exactly worked; most minigames gave vague explanations. The roster is decent, but needs to be bigger! There should be Dry Bones, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Bowser Jr, and Boo! There's too many good guys! And Spike... I HATE HIM! Sorry to get all raged, but I wish he was NEVER in the game! He hardly has any role in the series, and is so infamous. Now I feel like lowering my score...

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 07:02:59 PM »
Reminds me of me, 100%.
Except for the Day 2 purchase, and not getting a special kind of "satisfaction guaranteed" Warranty that allows me to return it for full price once I bet board of it. :P
...at least for 45 days.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
As much as i love this game, i won't lie and say that it's flawless, as some points of the game feels a bit rushed and lacking in content. But, i think we can all agree on one thing.

At least this game's better than Island Tour.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 08:55:20 PM »
As much as i love this game, i won't lie and say that it's flawless, as some points of the game feels a bit rushed and lacking in content. But, i think we can all agree on one thing.

Eh, I think they're tied, MAYBE Island Tour is better.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:17 AM »

Personally,i agree with that....
But....Island Tour had a "Story Mode".. Even if it wasn't the best Story Mode ever

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 04:23:36 AM »

Personally,i agree with that....
But....Island Tour had a "Story Mode".. Even if it wasn't the best Story Mode ever
I guess, but that's the only thing I'll give Island Tour credit for. (Well, besides adding Bowser Jr to the roster.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:13:23 PM by WiiUFan-04 »
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline k-g-brown@att.net

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 07:10:39 PM »

A lot of other people denied the game a chance though. They pretty much spoiled their own wishes by being negative. And Nintendo would NEVER say that! The game may not be worth it's price, but let's just be hopeful that we can get DLC. Please. :-[

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »
A lot of other people denied the game a chance though. They pretty much spoiled their own wishes by being negative. And Nintendo would NEVER say that! The game may not be worth it's price, but let's just be hopeful that we can get DLC. Please. :-[
Even with DLC, we would be spending more and more money. No offense, but even with 3 amiibos, I spent over $90. That should be more like $60. ;(

Offline k-g-brown@att.net

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 11:18:50 AM »
Even with DLC, we would be spending more and more money. No offense, but even with 3 amiibos, I spent over $90. That should be more like $60. ;(

Sometimes, I just wish I could talk with Nintendo and help them out because I really don't want them to feel hurt. But then again, if I have the ability to speak with them, so will everyone else, and they'll wind up hurting Nintendo anyway. I'm feeling this urge to defend Nintendo with all my might, but what can I do? :( I'm just one individual fan sitting among thousands of others who might chastise Nintendo if they get the chance. Sorry. I'm just saying what's on my mind.