Author Topic: Mario Party 10 Reviews  (Read 11632 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Mario Party 10 Reviews
« on: March 16, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
ATTENTION! DO NOT COMMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE GAME! The reason why I created this topic earlier is because I wanted to show GameXplain's Review (kinda spoilery), so please, do not comment until March 20th. You may give thoughts on GameXplain's review or others that people may post; I don't want people to judge this early yet. To sum it up, just post reviews WHEN the game comes out, unless it's a Youtuber's review. This will make it easier for people to review when it comes out and for people to see Youtubers' reviews so they decide if they want to get it or not. Thank you. ;)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Re: Mario Party 10 Reviews
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 05:23:44 PM »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:26:46 PM by Bowser498 »

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 07:30:19 PM »
Okay, sorry I am SO late about this; I totally forgot about this. I'll start:
I got the game at GameStop on the day it came out, March 20th. I got 3 amiibos: Mario (bundle), Yoshi, and Bowser. Each day I play MP10, I ALWAYS use the Amiibo bonus to get the daily bonus! I thought that was a nice addition.
Mario Party does bring some interesting ideas, but I kinda wish that there was a mode without the car. Not all people like the car! I'm glad ministars are returning; they were a good touch to MP9 (and IT's Star Crossed Skyway). I kinda wish that there was an old-school formula where you were racing to the finish, similar to MPIT's Perilous Palace Path. I like the balance of minigame type; battle mode was a nice addition. To sum it up, Mario Party was a nice return with some new mechanics, while bringing back some old mechanics; some I liked, some I didn't like.

Bowser Party is a nice addition. I LOVE this new mode, as it allows new minigames and new game experiences. I like the heart system, but some of the minigames are too harsh with the heart loss, while others aren't as painful, such as Bowser's Bad Breath. I kinda wish that the boards had a bit more activity going on, similar to Whimsical Waters' Draagoneel Treasure and the "pick one route or the other" game. The beginning of Whimsical Waters is a bit unfair, as the CPU/yourself can easily choose the blue route. :/ I thought the Bowser minigames were very unique and creative, but I kinda wish there were a few more. It's so much fun landing on those Bowser Jr. spaces and losing half your hearts, it gives me SOOO many memories. ;) I thought Bowser Party had a few flaws, but overall I thought the mode was very unique, creative, fun, and memorable.

Lastly, we have Amiibo Party. Even though the boards were bland, there was a fair activity going on wit unique events for each board. I kinda wish that there were more activity going on, and a custom setting where you could pick the amount of turns---not always 10! I like doing the amiibo bonus, daily; it gives me motivation to keep playing the game. ;) In general, I like how Amiibo Party brought back some old mechanics, while trying to keep it simple and fun for everyone to enjoy.

Minigames were somewhat fun, especially Spiked Ball Scramble and Peepa Panic. Like Dark Boo, the platformers shouldn't depend on who gets there first, it should be the # of hearts. Overall, the minigames were pretty good, but I kept feeling that there weren't that many. There should've been a minigame mode, instead of going to Mario/Bowser Party and selecting Free Play. It's too much work for me. I like how some of the minigames have challenges, as it gives a good value of replayability. I thought the challenges were mostly easy, while some of them took some work, like the Bowser Party ones and Bowser Jr. Bound. Toad's Room itself is very nice---all 6 modes are nice. I still didn't get all the shop items---another great example of replayability. I thought Jewel Drop and Badminton Bash were pretty nice, but I also wish that you can change the # of points in Badminton Bash, or even adding levels in Jewel Drop.

Overall, the game is REALLY nice. I highly recommend it if you don't have it yet! That means you, Mow Wow! Here are my scores:
Modes: 9.4/10
Creativity/Effort: 8.8/10
Replayability: 9/10
Extras and Minigames: 9/10
Final Grade: 9.05 = 90.5/100 = A- = Very nice job! :D

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »
Oh well.. It's my turn! :P (How fitting for this game) And as a fan of Mario Party 9,i have a lot to say!
I will put the whole review in spoilers because im sure it's gonna be long but i will put the conclusion beneath it!
So here is my review!!  ;D
(Before starting,i wanna thanks my Girlfriend for offering me this game  :P )
Conclusion
If i wanted to compare this to the Mario Kart series...
I would say Mario Party 9 is Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party Island Tour is Mario Kart 7
And Mario Party 10 is Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 10 is way more beautiful than Mario Party 9,has better music,has more content and in overall,you can see it an improvement of the last game..
But for me it's not! It's better than Island Tour for sure and it is a wonderful game!
But how Mario Party 9 plays and is made.. It looks way better polished than Mario Party 10 even if it has it's own problems!
Mario Party 10 looks and have a lot of improvements that makes it better than Mario Party 9 for sure but...
...Some little details makes Mario Party 9 the best of the two to me! It has more options,more minigame modes and a story mode! Mario Party 10 is missing of thoses!
And well you know i loved Wii Party U... But still... Mario Party 10 is far better anyway than Wii Party U!
My conclusion is,if you need a good partygame for your Wii U,get Mario Party 10,it's awesome!
But for me,Mario Party 9 is better (The original is most of times the better one  :P ) ,and Mario Party Island Tour is worse sadly even if it had potential..
But they are all good games! But talking about Mario Party 10
Good Graphics,Good Music,Good Fun! Get it and you will not regret it! (But i recommend you to get and Amiibo with it!)
Phew,it was long but i did it! Hope you will enjoy reading it!  :P

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 02:36:33 PM »
Oh well.. It's my turn! :P (How fitting for this game) And as a fan of Mario Party 9,i have a lot to say!
I will put the whole review in spoilers because im sure it's gonna be long but i will put the conclusion beneath it!
So here is my review!!  ;D
(Before starting,i wanna thanks my Girlfriend for offering me this game  :P )
Conclusion
If i wanted to compare this to the Mario Kart series...
I would say Mario Party 9 is Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party Island Tour is Mario Kart 7
And Mario Party 10 is Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 10 is way more beautiful than Mario Party 9,has better music,has more content and in overall,you can see it an improvement of the last game..
But for me it's not! It's better than Island Tour for sure and it is a wonderful game!
But how Mario Party 9 plays and is made.. It looks way better polished than Mario Party 10 even if it has it's own problems!
Mario Party 10 looks and have a lot of improvements that makes it better than Mario Party 9 for sure but...
...Some little details makes Mario Party 9 the best of the two to me! It has more options,more minigame modes and a story mode! Mario Party 10 is missing of thoses!
And well you know i loved Wii Party U... But still... Mario Party 10 is far better anyway than Wii Party U!
My conclusion is,if you need a good partygame for your Wii U,get Mario Party 10,it's awesome!
But for me,Mario Party 9 is better (The original is most of times the better one  :P ) ,and Mario Party Island Tour is worse sadly even if it had potential..
But they are all good games! But talking about Mario Party 10
Good Graphics,Good Music,Good Fun! Get it and you will not regret it! (But i recommend you to get and Amiibo with it!)
Phew,it was long but i did it! Hope you will enjoy reading it!  :P
Great job! :D If you were to rate the game, what would you give it?

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »
Thanks! Happy you liked my review  :P
Hmmm.. If i rate in the same way as you...
Modes: :8/10 (Need slightly more content even if the modes are good anyway)
Creativity/Effort: :7/10 (I think they could have done a bit content)
Replayability :9/10 (Unlockables,Amiibo Bonus,Achievements,ect..)
Extras and Minigames :8,5/10 (Don't like the bonus minigames much personally but it's minor)
FINAL NOTE: 8,5/10
A bit less than you but still a very good note and i would recommend this game to everyone  :P
But just a last note to every player! Don't expect this game to be the game YOU want! This is a nice advice! Just like the game for what it is and not hate it for what it isn't.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 06:05:04 PM »

Offline Spongyoshi

• It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 02:43:16 AM »
Even if i don't agree much for the note,i agree there is not really much content on this game and that the game has a lot of problems...
I think the developers where... Kind of lost.. At E3 it was like.. Bowser Party will be the main focus? Every board will be made for Bowser Party and recycled into the car from MP9? And then we randomly add Amiibo Party to try to satisfy fast the fans of Amiibos and of the old system...
So..We have 3 independents games modes. That sound like a good idea but like in Mario Party Island Tour it's not...
The team can't focus on only ONE main mode so at the end,you have something incomplete with more flaws and such...
That's why i believe they should go back to do ONE SINGLE Party Mode for the next Mario Party game.
(And also,take more time to develop it)

Offline k-g-brown@att.net

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »
I'm so conflicted from and can't get over all the negative reception that Mario Party 10 is getting.:'( Now I myself don't dislike the game(even though I haven't played through all of it yet), but what I do dislike are the people who dislike the game. I respect the fact that they don't like some of the content, but Mario Party 10 could've turned out to be a great game IF people had given it a chance. You see, it's like this from what I remember: when the E3 trailer dropped in, a lot people saw Mario Party 9's mechanic return, immediately went off like bombs without understanding the reason behind it, and started judging the game before any further development came along.:( To me the reason many people think Mario Party 10 turned out so bad is not because of the developers but because of the fans. A more positive alternative to what happened at E3 could've been that the people, even though they didn't like the vehicle mechanic, looked on the bright side knowing that there may be some good things to come or asked Nintendo ever so kindly to incorporate the old mechanic into the game. But instead they chose to complain and be pessimistic about the game, and will that get them what they want? NO! It'll actually prevent them from getting what they want. Even if the old mechanic does come back in the next Mario Party installment, their complaining is why they don't deserve to have it back. I'm sure the developers meant well and had a good reason to do so when they brought Mario Party 9's mechanic back, but many other people don't think so due to their lack of optimism, poor judgment, and poor comprehension.:( What I would like to see in the future of Nintendo's lifespan is for their fans to appreciate the effort the developers put into their games. Things won't always go the way they want it to go, but complaining and being negative about it makes them no better than what they say the developers are. And that goes for all of us. We all need to have positive hope for things to turn out right, and if they don't, understand the reasons behind them and know the good purposes for whatever happens in life. Forgive me for this extensive speech. All I ask is that you acknowledge what will give you a better view of life in gaming and in every aspect. Thank you to whoever takes the time to read this post, respond to it, and agree with it!:)

Offline Spongyoshi

• It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »
I agree a lot with what you said! I was defending the game when it comes out! I had a lot of hope in this game!! Too bad it disapointed me a bit but also too bad a lot of Mario Party fans are so rude against ND Cube!

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
I'm so conflicted from and can't get over all the negative reception that Mario Party 10 is getting.:'( Now I myself don't dislike the game(even though I haven't played through all of it yet), but what I do dislike are the people who dislike the game. I respect the fact that they don't like some of the content, but Mario Party 10 could've turned out to be a great game IF people had given it a chance. You see, it's like this from what I remember: when the E3 trailer dropped in, a lot people saw Mario Party 9's mechanic return, immediately went off like bombs without understanding the reason behind it, and started judging the game before any further development came along.:( To me the reason many people think Mario Party 10 turned out so bad is not because of the developers but because of the fans. A more positive alternative to what happened at E3 could've been that the people, even though they didn't like the vehicle mechanic, looked on the bright side knowing that there may be some good things to come or asked Nintendo ever so kindly to incorporate the old mechanic into the game. But instead they chose to complain and be pessimistic about the game, and will that get them what they want? NO! It'll actually prevent them from getting what they want. Even if the old mechanic does come back in the next Mario Party installment, their complaining is why they don't deserve to have it back. I'm sure the developers meant well and had a good reason to do so when they brought Mario Party 9's mechanic back, but many other people don't think so due to their lack of optimism, poor judgment, and poor comprehension.:( What I would like to see in the future of Nintendo's lifespan is for their fans to appreciate the effort the developers put into their games. Things won't always go the way they want it to go, but complaining and being negative about it makes them no better than what they say the developers are. And that goes for all of us. We all need to have positive hope for things to turn out right, and if they don't, understand the reasons behind them and know the good purposes for whatever happens in life. Forgive me for this extensive speech. All I ask is that you acknowledge what will give you a better view of life in gaming and in every aspect. Thank you to whoever takes the time to read this post, respond to it, and agree with it!:)
I don't blame you for what you said---I understand. I gave it a 9.05/10 (A-), but I pointed out a few flaws. I think the most important category is
That category shows that Nintendo at least tried a bit, which I thought they did a decent job doing, but in my review, there were a few flaws. Before people give a bad review, think of this line:
Be thankful that Nintendo made this game compared to nothing.
The only problem with that line is the price---it's way too high, PLUS about 12 dollars PER amiibo. It should be like 5 dollars. :/
I'm one of those fans that is actually thankful, and is always thinking about that quote. ;)
@Spongyoshi: It basically shows that people LOVE Hudson Soft more than ND Cube.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »
THANK YOU!!!!
Meh.

Offline k-g-brown@att.net

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »
If I were to give the game a review score, I would give it a decent 8/10. It's a fairly good game, nothing groundbreaking, but fairly good. There are some things that the game could use though like more minigame modes, a few more boards for Mario and Bowser Party, and 5 or 10 Bowser Battle minigames. Like I said, I haven't played through all of it yet, but I'm definitely not going to shame it as the worst game in video game history. I can safely let it off as a good family party game. Though this isn't anything that downloadable content can't patch up. We might not get the old board mechanic back, but we'll at least have more boards which, in turn, means more Boss Battle minigames. Until DLC comes, I'm going to remain optimistic and patient. 8)