Author Topic: Demo at Best Buy  (Read 1967 times)

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
  • ~We're all children of the stars~
Demo at Best Buy
« on: March 06, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »
Hey everyone, there's a demo for the game at any Best Buy location that offers demos! I've been seeing rumors of it on various places, such as reddit and gamefaqs forum. I went today, and I got to play the demo too!

The demo has all the starting characters, 4 Bowser Minigames, and 4 normal Mario party minigames.

I can supply picture proof that I played the demo, if I need to--I was kinda skeptical about it until I went, since there really hasn't been news about it.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Demo at Best Buy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »
Nice. What were the four Bowser Mini-Games and the four Party Mini-Games? Not sure if they were the same mini-games as the E3 2014 build, though, but it might be.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »
Hey everyone, there's a demo for the game at any Best Buy location that offers demos! I've been seeing rumors of it on various places, such as reddit and gamefaqs forum. I went today, and I got to play the demo too!

The demo has all the starting characters, 4 Bowser Minigames, and 4 normal Mario party minigames.

I can supply picture proof that I played the demo, if I need to--I was kinda skeptical about it until I went, since there really hasn't been news about it.
Sounds like the E3 demo. Maybe I'll take a peek within the week...

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 11:26:33 AM »
Nope, nothing like the E3 demo! It had all the default characters.
Um...the names of the minigames I can't exactly remember, so I'm working off of Super Mario Wiki, but...

Bowser Minigames:
>Bowser's Fire Bar Fury
>Bowser's Painball
>Bowser's Wicked Wheel
>Bowser's Hammer Slammer

Normal Minigames:
>Paintball Battle
>"A golfing-based minigame in which the player earns points by hitting their ball first." (The one with golf balls, and Bob-ombs that make you lose points)
>"A minigame which involves a lot of Bob-ombs." In which you have to cause the biggest chain reaction of explosions, the one who causes the most explosions wins.
>Cliffside Crisis

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 01:44:35 PM »
Okay, so it is a new demo build, with a couple of mini-games from E3 2014 and a bunch of new mini-games, with the starting roster.

Would be nice to supply pictures, then.

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 03:29:29 PM »
Okay, so it is a new demo build, with a couple of mini-games from E3 2014 and a bunch of new mini-games, with the starting roster.

Would be nice to supply pictures, then.

I had my dad take some pictures of my friend and I playing the demo, but unfortunately these are the only ones that came out with a clear picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 03:33:29 PM »
How did I never know about this!?!?!? And I was just at best buy a week ago, I NEED TO GO AGAIN!!!!  :o

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 04:42:54 PM »
How did I never know about this!?!?!?

Yeah, I only found out because I was curious if there was a demo, so I started searching around for news of one online. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't any announcement made about this anywhere. I'm not surprised that Nintendo didn't say anything about it, but I thought some game site or maybe even Best Buy themselves would have said something about it.

That being said, I'm just glad I was able to spread the word!

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »
Hmmm, sounds pretty interesting. I'll probably wait until the game comes out, though.  ;)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:29 AM »
Looks like I'm gonna spend hours at Best Buy .

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager: