Author Topic: Unlockables (?)  (Read 5745 times)

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
  • ~We're all children of the stars~
Unlockables (?)
« on: February 26, 2015, 01:40:01 PM »
So, since there was an influx of gameplay videos of Mario Party 10 today, I decided to take a look at a few of 'em, and I noticed some interesting things...
Everything I'm talking about comes from this video:

Let's start with characters...

I dunno about you guys, but that (I believe it to be) random button under Toadette and Spike just looks...out of place. Wouldn't it look more balanced if it was below Rosalina, with that empty space? Maybe that can open up potential for DLC to take the spot there?

Moving on to stages...

It seems that two of the stages are actually locked, so then there _has_ to be 7 stages. There is no other legitimate reason for there to be 2 extra spaces for selections here.

That's all I was able to get out of this gameplay video.
Thoughts?

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
Re: Unlockables (?)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »
OMG! That character placement is so odd IMO. Why is the "Zufall" (probably meaning "random") case taking 2 places? And why do we have 7 characters in the top row and only 5 in the other row??? I'm pretty sure we'll got a DLC with 1 or 2 characters, because the character selection screen cannot be like that.

For the stages. These 2 squares are really suspicious, it's probably unlockable stages, like you said.

Here is my Sm4sh license:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 05:51:45 AM »
Wow that's an odd placement for characters lol, the big random button is that necessary? Hopefully it'll go away for a DLC Character...like Birdo....but as for boards, hmm the 2 squares is kinda odd but I think it's been revealed that those are mini game modes sadly :/ I'm kinda eh on this game as of now XP

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:24:34 AM »
as for boards, hmm the 2 squares is kinda odd but I think it's been revealed that those are mini game modes sadly :/

Yeah, I just realized that too.
I feel the game is lacking in a sense of organization....oh well.
Any other things found to be unlockable can be discussed here too.

In one of the videos, I forget which specifically, I saw the player adding CPU characters, and they tried messing with the difficulty (wasn't in english so I couldn't fully understand), but as per usual, it seems the hardest difficulty CPU is locked initially.

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:12:29 AM »
it seems the hardest difficulty CPU is locked initially.
Yeah, you need to buy the last difficulty for 400 MP points.

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:53:03 PM »
it seems the hardest difficulty CPU is locked initially.
Yeah, you need to buy the last difficulty for 400 MP points.
Eh, that's not bad. And why are Spike and Toadette in the store? They should be unlockable in game.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
And why are Spike and Toadette in the store? They should be unlockable in game.
To unlock them, you have to buy them. We don't have a solo mode.

Offline Yoshifan355

• Right at Ya!
  • A dude who loves Yoshis!
  • ca 
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:42:54 PM »
Don't I feel that unlocking Toadette & Spike at 600 party points is a bit expensive? There was a Master COM difficulty for 400 Party Points so I don't know why the unlockable characters are higher then that. It's sorta tedious to get both of them. I hope the game rewards you with much Party Points you can get in the 3 modes so it's not much of a problem.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:45:38 PM by Yoshifan355 »

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
Don't I feel that unlocking Toadette & Spike at 600 party points is a bit expensive? There was a Master COM difficulty for 400 Party Points so I don't know why the unlockable characters are higher then that. It's sorta tedious to get both of them. I hope the game rewards you with much Party Points you can get in the 3 modes so it's not much of a problem.

In one of the videos I saw, after one round of the normal Mario Party, they were able to buy all 3 things....as in both characters and master com difficulty.
So, I guess we'll be getting a lot of points.

Offline Flopsy86

• Member of the Toadette fan club!
  • gb 
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »
Happy to see I won't have to work hard to unlock Toadette. Why does Rosalina not have to be unlocked first though, Toadette has been in the series much longer and she's been downgraded to an unlockable character again which means she won't even be in the next game most likely!

Even if there are only 5 maps overall, I'll be happy with this game still. Not happy to hear there won't be a solo mode though, feels like a step back in my opinion and MP9's solo mode could have potentially been improved on.

Would be nice if DLC was added into this game also, characters could easily be done I recon. I don't see DLC boards happening though.

Guess we won't know the full story here until we get the game in our hands.