Author Topic: Mardi Gras/Lent  (Read 805 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Mardi Gras/Lent
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »
Happy Mardi Gras! For people who don't know what Mardi Gras is, it is the day before Lent where you can do anything before you (give up) something for Lent. For example, if you give up video games, you may play video games all day. Anyways, if you are going to give up something for Lent, what will you give up? I'm not 100% sure; I may start later.
Fun Fact 1: SZ gave up video games from 2008-2013, I believe.
Fun Fact 2: Mardi Gras in English is "Fat Tuesday". It is celebrated on the 3rd Tuesday of February.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Mardi Gras/Lent
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:39:21 PM »
Will be having dessert tonight. Having dessert on Mardi Gras is a custom. I may give up doing something, but exactly what is what I shouldn't say here.

And it doesn't fall on the third Tuesday of February. Mardi Gras can fall on any date as early as February 3 (common year) or February 4 (leap year) to as late as March 9 (any year).

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
OH WOW... I can't believe I accidentally said that...   :what:
Yeah, I meant to say that Mardi Gras is always on a Tuesday. Thanks for the correction!

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »
Happy Mardi Gras! For people who don't know what Mardi Gras is, it is the day before Lent where you can do anything before you (give up) something for Lent. For example, if you give up video games, you may play video games all day. Anyways, if you are going to give up something for Lent, what will you give up? I'm not 100% sure; I may start later.
Fun Fact 1: SZ gave up video games from 2008-2013, I believe.
Fun Fact 2: Mardi Gras in English is "Fat Tuesday". It is celebrated on any Tuesday the day before Lent.