Do you like the car returning in MP10?

Yes
6 (27.3%)
No
6 (27.3%)
Both Yes and No (50/50)
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Car In MP10 Poll  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Car In MP10 Poll
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »
I don't like it too well, in Mario party 9 it was so weird to get used to and I still don't, now it's back in Mario Party 10....I thought Nintendo learns from their mistakes lol but I miss the old gameplay from Mario party 1-8 so much, they could've put both modes together in the same game. I really don't like the car but I'm still playing this game because of the mini games and other stuff though
Yeah, same here. The minigames were awesome in MP9, and that's why I still play it. Even with he car in MP10, I hope there's a mode without the car. :/
You have amiibo Party, which is like gameplay from Mario Party 1 to 8, but you're required at least one amiibo figure.

Offline TermFox7

• ★Knight of Star★
  • th 
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 04:54:59 AM »
I don't care about car, so any (50/50)
but i may drawing them?
I don't like it too well, in Mario party 9 it was so weird to get used to and I still don't, now it's back in Mario Party 10....I thought Nintendo learns from their mistakes lol but I miss the old gameplay from Mario party 1-8 so much, they could've put both modes together in the same game. I really don't like the car but I'm still playing this game because of the mini games and other stuff though
I think Mario Party 9 gameplay probably solve gameplay to balanced with beginner players or easy CPUs can more easy to get Winner or SuperStar and no more many and bored time. old gameplay i have high winners even fighting hardest CPUs but currently new gameplay i have low winner and unlike before gameplay that i can did very more.

old gameplay (MP 1-8) look like have return to Amiibo Party boards.

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »
Yeah I know we have amiibo party guys but the boards are so small and we don't have the items from back in the day, sorry I'm just an old school gamer I guess :P I guess I'll get used to the car by MP12 or something :P

Offline Flopsy86

• Member of the Toadette fan club!
  • gb 
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »
I'm willing to give amiibo Party a chance, I've just ordered every amiibo I could get for it physically without paying over the top. The only one that is difficult to get is Rosalina. I have DK and Peach. Got the new Mario, Toad and new Yoshi coming at release. Ordered Smash Bowser and Smash Luigi today.

Yes it feels like I'm playing right into Nintendo's hands but I have been super psyched for MP10, even more so than I was for MP9 back in 2012. Also these amiibos are common enough that they should be compatible with more possible Nintendo games in the future. It's more of an investment in my enjoyment of MP10's amiibo party aswell as already having them for future titles.

The biggest thing which won me over with amiibo party was the fact that they do a minigame after everyone takes their turn, they got stars for 20 coins, there are board events which differ by amiibo, it feels old skool, yes it's not exactly like the older Mario Party games.

Realistically speaking, if there is a future in making both Car style Mario Party and Classic Mario Party gameplay in future installments then they will have to make boards individually for both styles and that will be 10-12 boards minimum (5-6 for each style), and no Mario Party has that many boards and development would ultimately be longer and cost more. MP1 has 8 boards and MP3 has 12 (6 classic and 6 duel).

If anything MP3 could be seen as a good example of what MP10 is turning out to be. They have 5 boards confirmed which Car style Mario Party and Bowser Party will be played on and then there is a secondary mode called amiibo Party (like the Duel maps in MP3) and there are 8 amiibo boards if you own each corresponding amiibo. The amiibo party boards are small like the Duel maps in MP3 were. I realise it's not a great comparison as amiibo Party is technically a expensive DLC type add on which you need to own something additional to make full use of it.

Classic Mario Party gameplay was Hudson's thing. Nd Cube took over for MP9 and are making MP10 and the car mechanic is their baby. Obviously they are sticking by their baby but at least they are making an attempt to revive the older format. Bowser Party is also a nice addition and has made their car mechanic more worthwhile and suitable for the cause.

Offline AdmiralSol

• Just Average Gamer
  • Awe, It's adorable~
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 07:26:17 PM »
I'm actually okay with the car for the most part. I do like the classic formula too, actually most of my friends were surprised when we played MP9 just because it could really go in any direction with who can win. While the classic formula worked for so many years, it was starting to get stale IMO. The car, while it does rely on Luck in many aspects, I dunno it makes me like it and hate it as well. Well I don't really hate it... I just get annoyed that I'm not guaranteed victory anymore with my friends.

But overall I don't mind the car.