Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee  (Read 25845 times)

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
Re: Project Ukulele
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »
You're interested in the game?
Great to hear!
The mor fans the better.
I'll post everything there was here, so you'll know everything when you get back.
Enjoy whatever you are doing.

Every Collect a Ton game has my approval :P

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
Re: Project Ukulele
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
PROJECT UKULELE HAS A NAME!

Yooka-Laylee is confirmed to be the game's name!

Yooka being a Chameleon and Laylee being a Fruit Bat :D

http://www.playtonicgames.com/games/yooka-laylee/

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Re: Yooka-Laylee
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »

Quote from: Playtonic Games
Theyre not real human beings, but they are our new heroes. Meet Yooka and Laylee, the buddy duo set to adventure in our aptly named debut project Yooka-Laylee, coming to Kickstarter this Friday!

Dreamed up by character artist Steve dont call me Steven Mayles the man behind Banjo, Kazooie and the rebooted Donkey Kong family we think the bat n chameleon (well let you guess their sexes) are our most inventive protagonists yet, and well tell you just why weve deemed that over the next 24 hours.

Starting right now IGN has the scoop (were assured that term is still used) on the first ever Yooka-Laylee gameplay footage and feature details. Head over there for the skinny and when youre done visit our brand new game page to see some beautiful artwork.

Tomorrow well publish loads more Yooka-Laylee media (will there be David Wise and Grant Kirkhope tunes? You bet your pedigree gerbil there will be) alongside an interview with their father, Mr. Steven sorry, Steve Mayles himself.

And then at 5pm BST on Friday its the big one, the launch of our Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter campaign. When we first discussed this project the reaction was immense. You flocked to our shop doors like eager amiibo scalpers, and your mouths were full of requests.

You told us you wanted Yooka-Laylee (or whatever it was called back then) to be the best game it could possibly be. You said you wanted sprawling, gorgeous worlds to explore, tons of smartarse characters to meet and inventive moves to learn and you wanted to do it all on your gaming platform of choice.

When we launch our Kickstarter in less than 24 hours, you can help us tick all of those boxes and more. Together you can help our team create the game theyve dreamed of making and you might pick yourself up some cool swag in the process.
http://www.playtonicgames.com/introducing-yooka-laylee/

Quote from: IGN
Yooka is the chameleon and Laylee, the bat, and if the dynamic and style seems familiar its because they were created by Steve Mayles, the same character artist who designed platforming icons Banjo and Kazooie and the modern Kong family during his time at Rare.

Using their unique abilities, the two characters work together to fight enemies and traverse the world around them. Yooka, being a lizard, uses his tongue like a grappling hook, while Laylee can pick up its partner and fly for a short period of time or unleash a sonar blast. The duo have a variety of moves to draw upon. You can see the characters in action in the news video up above.

Formerly known as Project Ukulele, Yooka-Laylee is the first game from Playtonic Games, a new studio formed by several veterans of acclaimed developer Rare. All footage in the news video above is the product of three month's work. Playtonic is launching a Kickstarter for the project on May 1st, with all backers able to pick up the finished copy for 10/$15. There are also plans include extras like soundtracks, art books, and a special '64-bit' special edition, a callback to the team's N64 pedigree. Full details will be revealed tomorrow.

If funded, Yooka-Laylee will be released on Windows, Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U. The exact timing of each version is contingent upon the success of the Kickstarter campaign and its stretch goals.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/spiritual-successor-to-banjo-kazooie-reveals-its-lead-characters

Interesting name.
Note this:
"If funded, Yooka-Laylee will be released on Windows, Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U. The exact timing of each version is contingent upon the success of the Kickstarter campaign and its stretch goals."

The Kickstarter begins tomorrow.

Promotional Image for the Kickstarter!
The full details of the Kickstarter, as well as Grant Kirkhope (and possibly David Wise) composed music will be released tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:11:26 AM by Luma Party »

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »
15,524 backers
589,776 pounds pledged of 175,000 pound goal
46 days to go

Our new heroes, Yooka (the green bloke with no pants) and Laylee (the wisecracking lady-bat with the big nose) were conceptualised from the ground up for stellar platforming gameplay, created by the same character artist behind the rebooted Donkey Kong family and legendary N64 heroes Banjo and Kazooie.

Kickstarter Page

Some music is available on the Kickstarter page.

Not bad.
Donate $8, get your name in the credits, $15, get a free digital copy and your name in the credits.
Some of the goals were instantly reached.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »
It's pretty damn good that they reached 600,000 pounds already with little to no marketing. This project will definitely reach its target. Luma Party, are you backing this?

They should probably do more stretch goals. They already cleared out more than half on the first day. And we STILL have 46 days to go. Ironically, that will be the day E3 2015 starts.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »
It's pretty damn good that they reached 600,000 pounds already with little to no marketing. This project will definitely reach its target. Luma Party, are you backing this?

They should probably do more stretch goals. They already cleared out more than half on the first day. And we STILL have 46 days to go. Ironically, that will be the day E3 2015 starts.
I'm really tempted to, I want my name in the credits and a free digital version. XD
The game also now has a tentative October 2016 release.

As of 5:19 PM EST:
16,210 backers
610,528 pledged of 175,000 goal

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:11:45 AM by Luma Party »

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
This whole thing is promising. If I had the money, I would back this up... sigh. I am really convinced by everything.

The music samples are amazing too. They give me those nostalgia feels, you know? I'm going to guess that by the end of the day (here), they'll reach the  900,000 mark. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if they reached the 1 million mark.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »
Here is an MCV Interview with Gavin Price, he says he's pitched the idea of Yooka-Laylee amiibo.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
...multiplayer modes.

Me likey. :P
It's already down to the last 2 stretch goals and it's still only day 1? Wow, the anticipation is real for this.

Might even pledge something myself too depending on whether or not they reach the final stretch goal or not. :P
I have faith they obviously will, but you know~

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 06:40:35 PM »
I'd still be wary about this project. It's great that it's exceeded it's goal already, but 175000 pounds for a full 3D game seems very, very low. Kickstarter and video games don't have the best relationship, not to mention is game is already hyped to s*** and people are going to be expecting amazing things from it.

Granted, their presentation is very well done and what they've shown on their website and page is fantastic. Also they show a cost breakdown which includes taxes so that's a sign it's not being run by inept idiots.

No doubt this game's funding will be in the multi-millions. It'll hit all it's stretch goals probably sometime tomorrow and possibly be at 2 million within a week.
hey

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
This is probably going to turn out like Mighty No. 9 where they make it way past their original goal. Hopefully the just don't do the bs Comcept has been doing post their initial crowd funding campaign.

Offline MKKINGZ

• British weirdo
  • gb 
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2015, 08:14:57 PM »
Im honestly very excited for this game, I have high hopes for the final outcome

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2015, 05:27:21 AM »
Yooka-Laylee Music
(HTML wasn't working here, worked fine elsewhere, strangely...)

That's one of Grant Kirkhope's works for Yooka-Laylee
Also new Kickstarter stats:
27,707 backers
987,782 pledged of 175,000 goal

Almost at 1 Million!

^And some David Wise music for this. (I don't know to get videos right on the post, maybe Vip can teach me).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:35:30 AM by Luma Party »

Offline MKKINGZ

• British weirdo
  • gb 
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
They reached 1 million so they have added additional goals such as an N64 shader

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 08:37:49 AM »
Yeah, they've added new goals.