Author Topic: Favorite Item System?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Favorite Item System?
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »
Favorite item system? While I love my items, the orbs brought a lot more strategy to the game. It gave you a lot more control in game so predicated on luck.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Favorite Item System?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:02:35 PM »
Capsules/Orbs. They used the perfect way of how items are managed and various orbs cook up various events, be it helpful or not. Plus, you can even score a few free coins for using them when you open them.

Items are also great, though limited to your own inventory.

Candy...while it was okay, it felt dumb-downed and it's full of sugar, which is not good for our Mario characters.

Hexes were poorly done. There's still regular items that functioned the same manner as the early Mario Party games, but not as much.

Dice Blocks...it was okay, but they didn't feel like ACTUAL items. Some of the Dice Blocks are still reliant on luck in a heavy way.

Offline brady23

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:22:59 PM »
Love items - might have to do with the classic feel items bring to Mario Party. Mario Party 3 has so many amazing items like the reverse mushroom, bowser suit, plunder chest, reverse mushroom, boo bell. And not to mention the rare items like the Wacky Watch, Lucky Coin, Koopa Card and the Barter Box.

And when Toad or Baby Bowser come on their star carpet to give you free items was pretty exciting.

Orbs are fun too, but there's less choice with them as there's just 3 in the store, but their effects aren't as exciting to me as the items.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:17:53 AM »
I say MP3 all the way but I loved the orbs system in MP6 the most - just wish they'd incorporate the items from MP3 into MP6 though. :P

...I voted for items though because I like how those looked and worked compared to all the other item systems, being actual things. Orbs are good for space-making items and that's about it I think.

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 05:02:47 AM »
My favorite items system is the capsules/orbs, because it doesn't necessarily affect you, you can use them strategically on the board. I don't know if I prefer the MP5 or the MP6/MP7 system, though, since they're not exactly the same.

My second choice would be the items.

Here is my Sm4sh license:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 10:39:42 PM »
It's a tie between Mario Party 3's and Mario Party 6's. They had the best item systems of any Mario Party imo.

Most balanced, most fair, most awesome. :D

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
Nothing beats the orbs and items really. When I think of ''item system'' you can use on a Mario Party title, these two are the first and only that come to mind. It's really hard to choose one favorite, but both do the job really well.

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:55:13 PM »
My favorite? I really like the idea of orbs, but the items in MPIT were also fun. Dice blocks are only awesome in solo Mario Party, so I say Items. (IT)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 12:42:23 PM »
Is it wrong that I like the Hexes? I like the orbs too but the hexes were pretty useful at times, especially with the star ones. It was kinda a tie between orbs and hexes for me :/

Offline Mister Sushi

• Hi, my name is Ronin and I like almost everything.
  • ca 
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
Can we all just agree that Candy is the BEST?
I like sushi but I think you already knew that.
:kingboo: