Author Topic: What are your top 3 Mario Party games?  (Read 3565 times)

Offline brady23

What are your top 3 Mario Party games?
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:23:53 PM »
While I was playing Mario Party recently with one of the users here, we chatted about our favourite Mario Party games. What are your top 3 favourite Mario Party games? Here's mine:

1) Mario Party 3- The battle maps are so fun, especially in 4 player games. My favourite thing about the game was the items! The items were amazing - reverse mushroom was so powerful, the wacky watch, the koopa card, the barter box. And you could have 3 items instead of 1, that made a huge difference to me! Item mini games, item bonuses where Toad or Baby Bowser give you three items (or even a rare item) for free were amazing as well. And the minigames were fabulous - Locked out, Snowball Summit, Toadstool Titan, Fowl Play, Ice Rink Risk, Eatsa Pizza...

2) Mario Party 6 - The orb system was an amazing improvement from capsules in MP5 (yuck, you couldn't even choose your capsule in the first place). I loved passing the free orb spaces, getting coins from them, and the maps were great - especially with the Day & Night system. Every map had it's own quirk, like E Gadd's Garage having orbs traded to coins (could get 45 coins from trading 3 orbs), Clockwork Castle had you chasing DK for stars (or running away from Bowser who steals a star at night time!), Faire Square had some luck and lottery events for getting stars.

3) Mario Party 8 - I know a lot of people don't like it, but I thought it was really fun. Candies weren't that bad although they did feel kind of limited. They weren't different from items in my opinion, so I don't get why they couldn't go back to items. But I loved the bonus spaces, and Koopa's Tycoon Town is one of the best maps in the history of Mario Party. There's just so much that can change from turn to turn, someone outinvests you in a hotel on the last turn, and the minigames were pretty fun in my opinion as well.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:11:27 PM by brady23 »

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
Re: What are your top 3 Mario Party games?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
3. Mario Party 3
2. Mario Party 9
1. Mario Party 5
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline brady23

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
3. Mario Party 3
2. Mario Party 9
1. Mario Party 5

Funny, Mario Party 9 and 5 were my least favourite Mario Parties, I love how each one appeals differently to people.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 06:36:23 PM »
3. Mario Party 6
2. Mario Party 4
1. Mario Party 3

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 07:12:15 PM »
1) Mario Party 3 - Best Mario Party ever - board play with amazing items and great minigames and great boards to say so as well. Duel Mode is also extremely fun to play at times as well.

2) Mario Party 2 - probably for nostalgic reasons, since it was the first one I ever played, but it's also because there were so many amazing minigames as well! You also got cool and interesting costumes depending on the board you went on too which was a bonus!

3) Mario Party DS - Just because it's true portable Mario Party - Touch-screen and different-screen minigames were also really fun to play and it overall provided fun, on-the-go parties with others interested in playing!

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »
1. Mario Party 7: it was SOOO GOOD and had a large variety in boards and Mini games. I like the theme of the game too which is going around the world and the boards are different locations like Italy, Egypt, China, New York, etc.. I loved this game as a kid and still do till this day

2. Mario Party 8: this one seems pretty underrated but I love it, the boards were pretty creative like that train one, the mini games were large too, the character roster is the biggest in any mario party game and I'm disappointed that 9 and 10 didn't succeed it. It was a pretty good one and the carnival theme is pretty interesting

3. Mario Party DS: this was a really good portable mario party game and was so fun to play, the mini games were all so fun but the character roster and number of turns is pretty bland but then again it is a handheld but a descent one. I'd buy it again if they remade it   

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »
1. Mario Party 4: This game have THEE best mini-games, memorable boards, decent item system, and a good story mode with okay collectibles. It also was the last game to have DK as a playable characters which is an extra plus in my book.

2. Mario Party 3: Love the boards, love the roster, love the items, love the music, what else can I say? :p

3. Mario Party 7: This one made top 3 basically because of the 8-player mini-games and 8-player battle royal, also I like some of the boards themes and the concept that goes in to it.

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 05:07:23 PM »
I chose 7, 9, and Island Tour. Those are the only 3 I've ever played... :P

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Luigiguy567

• Only Luigi can properly hunt ghosts!
  • Go Luigi!
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 02:38:26 PM »
I can't decide between 2 and 7, but I think 6 is the best!
It's-a-me! Luigiguy!

Offline Flopsy86

• Member of the Toadette fan club!
  • gb 
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:44:24 AM »
Mario Party 3 - Clearly the best N64 Mario Party, the Duel mode is a good additional mode. Minigames are quite challenging in this game but they are also extremely good. Maps are great, love the Game Guy space and the Action times which were unique to this Mario Party. Story mode in this game was also one of the most fun, this game actually had a decent story!

Mario Party 6 - This was clearly the best Gamecube Mario Party in my opinion, the day and night system was perfect especially where it affected how some minigames were played. Was also the first Mario Party to experiment different types of gameplay and how the stars were collected. Toadette's debut to the series was in this game! Mic minigames in this game were better than MP7's but they came up so rarely as they were 1 vs 3 minigames and the single player had to be a human player. Faire Square and Clockwork Castle are two of my favourite maps of all time aswell.

Mario Party 9 - I'm a fan of the car mechanic so this comes as no surprise. This game is so unpredictable, I like the unpredictability of it and how anybody can come from behind to win. Character roster in this game could have been better though.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »
1. Mario Party 3
2. Mario Party 2
3. Mario Party 6

These are also my top three most played Mario Party games, go figure. :P I think I would put either Mario Party 9 or 7 next.

Offline charles109

• us 
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 05:44:00 PM »
1. Mario Party 3
2. Mario Party 4
3. Mario Party 7

Mario Party 3 is the best Mario Party game on the Nintendo 64 because it also has Duel Maps.
I selected Mario Party 7 because it has the Deluxe Cruise and the 8-Player Minigames!