Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
« on: November 05, 2014, 03:47:34 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Announced at Nintendo Direct (Wednesday, November 5, 2014)! The 3D remake of Majora's Mask from Nintendo 64! Exclusive to 3DS. Release: Friday, February 13, 2015 (Europe/North America); Saturday, February 14, 2015 (Australia/Japan).

More Info
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:58:34 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »
Oh God. The moon's redesign will give me nightmares for sure.
Can't wait for this to come out!
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:05:40 AM »
To be honest, somehow I knew that they were going to announce a Majora's Mask remake soon :P. Now I can finally play this game :D.

Offline Zympherior

• Outsider that reached Fantasy
  • "You shouldn't underestimate humans these days."
  • mx 
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »
Everyone saw that coming. I just hope for something new, like a Master Quest where they redesign the dungeons as they never made one before for MM, unlike OoT's MQ which was originally made in the GCN and just brought over to the 3DS remake. Now that would be cool.
Look, look with your special eyes...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
Here's something that Eiji Aonuma shared about from Miiverse:

Quote from: Eiji Aonuma
Greetings to everyone in The Legend of Zelda community! Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo here.

Since The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D was announced during the most recent Nintendo Direct, I've noticed that many of you have posted your thoughts in this community. Now, I'd like to say a few words for myself about Majora's Mask 3D, which is planned for release next spring.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D was actually in development almost immediately after we finished working on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which was released in June of 2011. So although we've been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time. For a while now, when fans from Japan and around the world would ask me if we were working on a Majora's Mask remake, I would silently plead in my heart, thinking, "Please wait a bit longer!" (laughs).

We've spent a lot of time making sure the gameplay experience is smoother than in the original version without taking away from this unique world. I hope those that haven't played the original game, and those of you that played it but gave up mid-way through will take this opportunity to give the new version a try.

Oh, and I should mention that we haven't removed the distinct look and feel that are unique to this game, so it should live up to this game's Japanese catchphrase, "this Zelda has a scary vibe." Brace yourselves for what this world has to offer! (laughs)

When it's closer to its release date, I'll talk more about what has been changed in the Nintendo 3DS version and its new features right here in this community, so stay tuned!

It's been revealed that the game has been in development since 2011, just after The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D was released for Nintendo 3DS.

I better finish up Ocarina of Time 3D before Majora's Mask 3D comes around in Spring 2015.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 04:31:15 PM »
The teaser site for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D is now open!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 02:07:59 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Limited-Edition Bundle is now available to pre-order in North America! It will retail for $49.99, and will come with the game and the Skull Kid figurine! The Skull Kid figure is not an amiibo figure.

EDIT: Offer only available through GameStop, Fry's, and Amazon.

Source
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:29:53 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 09:56:47 PM »
Here's a new trailer! The game will be released on Friday, February 13, 2015 for both North America and Europe. It will release the day after for Japan and Australia. There is also a limited-edition New 3DS XL bundle for only $229.99. It comes with the game pre-installed for all countries minus North America.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »
Two videos of gameplay footage!

Spoiler: Videos (click to show/hide)