Author Topic: Amiibo  (Read 9928 times)

Offline SMK

• Formally Sir Metal King
  • gb 
Re: Amiibo
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 02:23:37 PM »
*sneezes back into existence*

Surprise, it's me.

This Amiibo stuff frustrates me and I think it's a cheap move by Nintendo to capitalise on the success of Skylanders. (As much as I despise that game)

Firstly, you buy an Amiibo for each game, they don't roll over from game to game though even though they are literally the same character.

The fact that Nintendo has the balls to make this move is disgusting; You have to buy an add-on, just to play more of the base game. I have to pay 17 just to unlock a smaller version of the original Mario Party which is far superior to the car idea? Not to mention that I can only use that character.

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »
So for you people who got Amiibo's, would you say getting one (or two) is worth it? The boards look really simple (hello, diverging paths?) but I still like some of the boards' gimmicks (like Toad's putting multiple stars on the boards and changing prices) and being able to mesh parts of other boards onto the same game.
Plus, it would be an excuse for me to get Toad and maybe Rosalina Amiibos (if I could find them...).
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 02:59:02 PM »
I love how no one cares Nintendo confirmed Silver Mario will release May 29th in North America.
Or that Good and Silver Mario are coming to Australia and New Zealand...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 03:12:07 PM »
I love how no one cares Nintendo confirmed Silver Mario will release May 29th in North America.
Sad thing is, for those regions, they're both store-exclusives. Gold Mario is for NA, too, but not Silver Mario.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
Sad thing is, for those regions, they're both store-exclusives. Gold Mario is for NA, too, but not Silver Mario.
Yeah, I saw that too.
Unfortunate, but at least North America isn't the only region with exclusives.