Author Topic: Stars and Coins lost due to legal issues?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Liam

Stars and Coins lost due to legal issues?
« on: October 14, 2014, 10:27:05 AM »
This is a question I don't remember seeing on this forum; did Nintendo lose the rights to use the Coins&Stars system since they released Mario Party 8? They seem to intent on forgetting about that system, calling the Mario Party 9 system 'classic mode', and using the linear boards. I heard there was a new developer, so maybe that was the issue?

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: Stars and Coins lost due to legal issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
This is a question I don't remember seeing on this forum; did Nintendo lose the rights to use the Coins&Stars system since they released Mario Party 8? They seem to intent on forgetting about that system, calling the Mario Party 9 system 'classic mode', and using the linear boards. I heard there was a new developer, so maybe that was the issue?
I think stars and coins legally are under Nintendo's name and not Hudson's at the time...
I think everything in Mario Party is legally Nintendo. Hudson was just given permission to make the game using such features.

Ultimately, it's Nintendo's own doing - they chose to change the system. End of Story.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
Re: Stars and Coins lost due to legal issues?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
But still,that would explain so much!
Also why there's no trophies & music related of older mario party games...