Author Topic: Return of Classic Mode?  (Read 4820 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Return of Classic Mode?
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:12:56 AM »
Is classic mode finally returning? I would say no. The two modes shown in the E3 demo are simply Bowser Party and the normal MP9 gameplay. The Treehouse demo shows off Bowser Party, along with the playable attractions in the Mario Party mode. Players collect Mini Stars again, and they are all together. The image of the board map also shows Mini Stars and Mini Ztars. The board itself is made to work with the car in mind. The game still has time before it comes out in 2015, but I wouldn't be hopeful.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Return of Classic Mode?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:52 AM »
Yeah, I think the term "classic mode" applies to the car mechanic and collecting Mini-Stars/Mini-Ztars, and not the original from Mario Party to Mario Party 8. I know that most want the classic way back, but that won't be returning. I think Nintendo is trying to make party games a bit shorter, as not everyone has the time to complete a board in a whole hour or so.

Also, another reason why they want the original back is because while they may not like the car mechanic, they do not like change. It just baffles me when fans want something new, then Nintendo gives them something new, but immediately after, fans retract and insist on wanting the old way again. We're in a new generation of people here, not everyone has played the classic way of Mario Party.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »
I don't like how Nintendo refers to the "classic mode" as the mode they used in MP9 is the thing. =/

Not really much of a classic since it's from a more recent party.
And as much as I want the old mode to return, it's very likely (Basically 100%) to not... though I'd love this Mario Party if it did. :P

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »
I have some doubts that it'll return. I think the old formula is pretty much done seeing how thing goes. However, I actually like the car mode and the new mechanics which are around. It does make a change from the old Mario Party games (not in a bad way to me as I do actually like the car mode) so it's always interesting to see.

Either way, it's nice to see a brand new game which will actually makes the chance to discover even more boards with this way to play.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 08:35:11 PM »
I could care less. If the mini-games are good it'll be a fun game to play.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline The Super Duper Star

• I'm the Super star!
  • nl 
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »
I think they didn't it. I really like the car playtrough by the way ;)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 06:50:04 AM »
Personally,i loved the car mode! For me,there's enough games with the "Star Collecting" system.  :P
You can't really improve this system but you can still improve the car system!  ^-^
But that's my opinion!  ;)

Offline GreenStache

• Luigi, of course!
  • The Best of the Bestest Heroes from Nintendo
  • pl 
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 02:25:20 PM »
Classic mode is back!
 But... (of course, there are buts)

You must buy amiibo to play it and its only small rectangular board.

It doesn't look like original classic MP1-8 mode.  :-\
"I'm a Luigi, number one!" - Luigi

Offline HerbertMcHoover

• The Elephant with a Drum
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 02:36:22 PM »
On second thought, I AM BUYING THE GAME!

This is awesome!

Too bad it is just a rectangle, but the ambiio brings a whole new outstanding way of playing.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »
Surprisingly yeah - the system is back. But to what extent?
This will haunt my mind until the game's release...

Also don't like how all the boards are the same.
Maybe we can customize them a bit? Add paths? I'm asking for too much at this point I know.

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
  • ~We're all children of the stars~
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »
I'm just glad the Amiibo Party has the format of the older games. I saw in the trailer, when Peach buys the star, she spends 20 coins, so that hasn't changed either. So it's good to see the classic formula (albeit changed and not to the extent we hoped for) back.