Author Topic: Best Horror Game  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Mister Sushi

• Hi, my name is Ronin and I like almost everything.
  • ca 
Best Horror Game
« on: October 12, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »
I LOVE horror games. The feeling of being hunted and stalked gives me a huge thrill. Jumpscares are the best. You scream and then you laugh it off (or you cry for a bit.) So what is the best horror game you've ever played? My personal favourite is Slender: The Arrival. The atmosphere is great. I want to know what your favourite is, please tell me! ;D
I like sushi but I think you already knew that.
:kingboo:

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
Re: Best Horror Game
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »
I would go with Outlast. Not many horror games scare me anymore but the designers really knew how to make a sinister world of chases and suspense. There were a few good jumpscares too.

Speaking of jumpscares, I don't like how most games in the genre go apes*** over them to the point of being totally expected. Like when I played Slender or Amnesia I didn't get scared because of the creepy material, I would get startled if I just so- happen to wander around and hear a jumpscare that blew out my eardrums. Is that really scary? If I heard a lightning bolt striking very close to my house, I too would get startled from the loud bang, but I'm not scared of it. That's why I think jumpscares are overdone and, to me, quite ineffective for projecting a "scary" atmosphere. -Asuka

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
Outlast wins hands down. Nothing beats it.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
dayz for the overpriced letdown factor

imagine paying $30 for half of a game!!!!
hey