Poll

When do you think MP10 will be released?

January '15
0 (0%)
February '15
0 (0%)
March '15
4 (33.3%)
April '15
2 (16.7%)
May '15
4 (33.3%)
June '15
2 (16.7%)
Q3 2015
0 (0%)
Q4 2015
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: When do you think MP10 will be released?  (Read 4244 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
When do you think MP10 will be released?
« on: August 23, 2014, 01:12:35 AM »
When do you think MP10 will be released? I would be shocked if the game was released sometime outside the first half of 2015.

I'm thinking somewhere between Jan-March.

Offline Gizmo

Re: When do you think MP10 will be released?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 01:16:07 AM »
I think it will be released in June 2015.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:26:44 AM »
I think March 2015 - May 2015 is the prime time for Mario Party 10 to be released. The first two months are a definite no. Past May feels too late.

Offline TwoDreamy Luigi

• Dream Big.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 05:07:48 AM »
I voted for April 2015. Somewhere between March & May seems reasonable. I say that because as much as I would like to see more of MP10 sooner, the developers need to literally take their time into this game. IMO, MP9 had many missed opportunities, and MPIT had lack of content (3 minigame modes is very glaring for a Mario Party game). >:( >:( Who knows, if the 1st & 2nd sequels (MP9 & MPIT respectively) didn't bring back those Mario Party fans, maybe the last "trilogy" game, which is Mario Party 10, might bring back those old Mario Party fans. O0 And we can have another great Mario Party game. ::)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »
I would have said December 2015 but that's it's not there (too early i think and it shouldn't be rushed like MPIT have been) i would think it's in June 2015
I agree with what you said TwoDreamy Luigi and personally,i liked the car system and after been a bit disapointed of IT,i can't wait for MP10  :P

Offline TwoDreamy Luigi

• Dream Big.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
Thanks, Spongyoshi. :D :D :D  I'm slightly worried, but still excited for Mario Party 10. ::) This game is stated to have amiibo functionality which really intrigues me (maybe more MP characters, who knows). I highly doubt this game's gonna get rushed, like MPIT. MPIT's story was the easiest in the world, & I barely bought any collectibles b/c it's 90% voice clips, which is dissapointing. Like I said in my previous post, MPIT only has 3 minigames modes (Free Play, Time Attack, & Hot-Air Hijinks); I found that to be the :o most glaring :o thing in a MP game. It's supposed to be the usual 5 or 6, not 3. But, have faith my fine yellow, fellow Yoshi. O0

This is gonna sound very cheesy, but 10 to WIN!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:00:17 AM by TwoDreamy Luigi »

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »
I'm expecting a May 2015 release. Not really looking forward to this game after MPIT and MP9 but I will give Ndcube(The new developers of Mario Party) one last chance to redeem themselves.

Edit: If they screw it up then I will lose all faith in the Mario Party franchise and will probably leave this forum.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:01:14 AM by NintendoFan »
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 10:00:32 AM »
@TwoDreamyLuigi
Same  :P Mario Party 9 had an awesome MiniGame Mode so why not MP10?  :P
But i don't feel that MP9 have been rushed,they just have been.. trying out. There was their first try in MP9 so that's why it had some flaws.. But i still can't understand why MPIT had more flaws than MP9. A sequel i supposed to be better no  ??? Oh well,still think MP10 is gonna be great personally  :P

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »
@TwoDreamyLuigi
Same  :P Mario Party 9 had an awesome MiniGame Mode so why not MP10?  :P
But i don't feel that MP9 have been rushed,they just have been.. trying out. There was their first try in MP9 so that's why it had some flaws.. But i still can't understand why MPIT had more flaws than MP9. A sequel i supposed to be better no  ??? Oh well,still think MP10 is gonna be great personally  :P

You really don't need to tell us you're excited for MP10; your signature says it all. The boards in MPIT were way too short and linear. Really, there's a board in space(can't remember the name) where you just go in a straight line. Classic Mario Party Board design right there. Spiny Desert from MP3 was better than that board, I swear...

In my personal opinion, I think MPIT and MP9 are worse games than MP8. I don't understand why almost everyone here hates MP8, I thought it was OK...
Ancient trash.

Offline Spongyoshi

• It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »
I can understand for MPIT (with the luck factor being too big) but i still prefear MP9 over MP8.
If i don't like MP8,it's because:
-Candies were a reducted version of orbs (And i liked the orbs more because you could put traps)
-Minigames are mostly confusing,boring or unoriginal (The best minigames even were the DUEL ones)
-Extras mode was meh and Minigame Mode wasn't that good
-Didn't had a lot of new ideas,only the last 5 turns event changed a bit (and for something less better than changing the rules) and the candies (which i aleredy telled you what i think of it)
-The graphics aren't that Mario-ish and not that good
-And overall,the boards were meh and boring.
The only things i liked were some DUEL minigames and MC Ballyhoo (like his design and personality) But that's my opinion. I still prefear MP9 over it,it was more fun and better done. I think that MP8 was the Mario Party that made Hudson Soft they didn't had much new ideas and after MPDS,they stopped (mostly) because of that reason.

Offline TwoDreamy Luigi

• Dream Big.
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 10:47:39 AM »
I can understand for MPIT (with the luck factor being too big) but i still prefear MP9 over MP8.
If i don't like MP8,it's because:
-Candies were a reducted version of orbs (And i liked the orbs more because you could put traps)
-Minigames are mostly confusing,boring or unoriginal (The best minigames even were the DUEL ones)
-Extras mode was meh and Minigame Mode wasn't that good
-Didn't had a lot of new ideas,only the last 5 turns event changed a bit (and for something less better than changing the rules) and the candies (which i aleredy telled you what i think of it)
-The graphics aren't that Mario-ish and not that good
-And overall,the boards were meh and boring.
The only things i liked were some DUEL minigames and MC Ballyhoo (like his design and personality) But that's my opinion. I still prefear MP9 over it,it was more fun and better done. I think that MP8 was the Mario Party that made Hudson Soft they didn't had much new ideas and after MPDS,they stopped (mostly) because of that reason.

I actually like Mario Party 8, & no it's not because it's a figure-8 or Mario Kart 8 (putting random stuff), but I did have fun when I first bought the game. This is going to sound personal, but when I saw that Hammer Bro. was playable in MP8, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! One of the happiest moments of the Mario Party franchise. Hammer Bro. is my favorite enemy & just seeing him in MP8 made me exuberant (another word for joyful). I actually did like the graphics for this game, but MP9's graphics felt the most Mario-ish out of all MP games, imo. Looking back at it, the graphics might not aged well; but it's allowable for me, of course. Minigames were mostly focused on motion controls & many people called it a wagglefest (hilarious term, I still chuckle). I don't mind it, but Chump Rope is the worst MP8 minigame. I swear when I shake the Wii remote, my character has a jump delay, which is really annoying. But at least I can still have fun with Hammer Bro. MP8 was underrated because it used the same concept like 8 times while MP9 was highly underrated because new concept while fresh still made people pissed. Innovation is needed for the Mario Party series to keep things fresh, but in order to do that, you have to precisely take time in beta-testing the game itself & see if it's balanced & preferable for both single-player & multiplayer. Spongyoshi, I agree with you liking orbs. Orbs were one of the main reasons why MP6 & MP7 are my favorite MP games of all time. It felt fun placing orbs on spaces, which really added a strategic factor into the game; and I just love every second of it. MP9 minigames were simple, but fun (and sometimes addictive depending on the minigame itself). Ruins Rumble from MP9 is one of my favorite MP 1vs3 minigames ever. I played that minigame over 90 times, it's so fun. Some people prefer MP9 over MP8 & some people prefer MP8 over MP9. It depends on which game you had fun the most. If people bought MP9 just for multiplayer purposes only, I can see why they love it. I understand your reasoning, Spongyoshi. "Different strokes for different folks".

Side Note: I'm still working on my new Mario Party game, & I'll release a trailer of it on a "certain" day. Be on the lookout.  ;)

Offline Spongyoshi

• It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »
Yeah i know. I like Hammer Bros too,he's a nice character  :P
Anyway,it's nice that everybody had their ideas  :P
About the Debug aspect,i really feel like Nintendo Games are less tested.
There's definitly some obvious problems in them,for MP9,the Captain Event are way too overpowered and loosing half of your ministars is way too much.
For MPIT,some events are way too unfair,especially in Perious Palace Path with the Whomp and the Kamek Item (surely the most cheated item in all Mario History)
But not only for Mario Party. For exemple,Mario Kart has a really weird Item System,you can be 3rd and getting a Bullet Bill or being 12th and getting a Banana  :-\
I hope they will do better for Mario Party 10,im sure ND Cube can do something awesome and made the car system something that everybody could like by fixing the fews problems it had! WAY TO GO ND CUBE!  :P

Side Note: Oh great!  :D

Offline Ether

• sucks
  • rip torn
  • ye 
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »
April 31st, 20015

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »
Q3 2016
hey

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »
@TwoDreamyLuigi Finally, I found someone who likes Mario Party 8. Everyone I've met hates this game. No idea why.
Ancient trash.