Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 14853 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
amiibo
« on: June 18, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »
amiibo

Announced at Nintendo's Digital Event (Tuesday, June 10, 2014)! Figurines in which you can use to store data and use the actual characters in-game. Exclusive to Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Price: $12.99 each. Release: [First Wave] Friday, November 21, 2014 (North America); Friday, November 28, 2014 (Europe); Saturday, November 29, 2014 (Australia); Saturday, December 6, 2014 (Japan). [Second Wave] December 2014 (North America); Friday, December 12, 2014 (Australia); Friday, December 19, 2014 (Europe); Thursday, January 22, 2014 (Japan). [Third Wave] February 2015 (Japan).

More Info
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:49:47 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: amiibo
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »
Here are some images and games that will be compatible:

Spoiler: Images (click to show/hide)

The amiibo functionality will be compatible with Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Yoshi's Woolly World. There will be more titles to support amiibo functionality. The amiibo functionality for 3DS games will start in 2015.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 03:23:44 PM »
First Skylanders, then Disney, and now this. it's a decent idea, but it was used two times already.

On topic, I wonder what the games will do with amiibo. (Except Super Smash Bros. for Wii U because we all already know what it does.)
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »
Where did you get the price estimate?

First Skylanders, then Disney, and now this. it's a decent idea, but it was used two times already.
There has already been Nintendo released NFC figurines. Pokemon Rumble U used it.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
Where did you get the price estimate?
Reggie said prices will be similar to what Skylanders and Disney figurines cost, that's where he said they will cost about $10~$15. However, this is coming off from Reggie, so I know the prices are subject to change once we get clear information in the future.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 04:26:49 AM »
I am so excited! I'm already making a tier list for which ones I want/my parents will let me buy from the Super Smash Bros. line! It'll go something like this (Order may not be exact, as this is a rough draft created without knowledge of circumstances and not having the game and knowing all of the characters yet); criteria is based on a combination of how much I'll use them and how much I like them in general:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also love the functionality across multiple games, even seemingly unlikely ones! Just imagining what they will do and what they're going to look like is going to be fun! Plus, I'll finally have some missing Nintendo icons in my room! Yay!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:32:13 AM by Luigidenne3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Nix

• Used Toon Link stare
  • It's super effective!
  • au 
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 04:47:07 AM »
It's weird how much I love the name Amiibo. I think it's weird they chose to use the Super Smash Bros character images as the figurine poses. Because they work for numerous games, I was excepting just a generic stance.

It'd be cool if they could integrate character costumes for the Amiibo you placed in Bayonetta 2 and the Amiibo you placed in became playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »
I think it's weird they chose to use the Super Smash Bros character images as the figurine poses.
I'm sure there will be multiple figurines of the same characters.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline noctus

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 03:36:37 AM »
I think this will be a cpu rival/ help only for the offline modes,
sorry if my english is bad, Im spanish

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:02:35 AM »
I think this will be a cpu rival/ help only for the offline modes.
No, it won't be help only for offline modes. You can also use them online to take on your opponents...just not with anyone, though.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
$10~$15.

Gotta wait and see what they actually do in all these games. I'll probably buy the Link figurine and end there.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
So will the Nintendo-skylanders type game that allows you to bring all Amiibos into it be their 2015 holiday game? I can see that being huge.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
I never thought they bring the Melee idea of the Trophy Summoning into real life. That alone is sweet syrup! Even if it is a repeat of things from before, this is kinda the real deal for me...
I'm so getting a Peach one once it comes out. Haven't had any need to own figurines before this (besides the Sanae one I almost got for a birthday).

What video game characters would you like to see as Amiibos?

@Tyler
Oooooh~ If that were true and the game were good I would be sold for getting a Wii U.
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 04:06:50 PM »
If I were to get these, I would probably want the Yoshi and Diddy Kong figurines first.

GameXplain also gave a discussion video on how the amiibo figurines will work.

Spoiler: Discussion Video (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:09:50 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »
I was not on board with the whole NFC craze but I would actually have fun just collecting them for fun.