Author Topic: Playable Characters  (Read 21281 times)

Offline HerbertMcHoover

• The Elephant with a Drum
  • us 
Re: Playable Characters
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »
Hope we get a roster close to 20. Hope to see Toadette back.

Also: Boo, Birdo, Diddy, Bowser Jr/Koopa Kid.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
I hope we will get Toadette and Hammer bro playable!  :P
I really hope we get a lot of characters!!  ;D

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »
Toadette is on the boxart with Toad so I have 99% doubt she would not be playable.
As for the other characters, I think that's it. I know Bowser Jr. can't be playable because I saw his space again on the board and other characters are probably goina be board hazards...

DK being back is great - he took too long an absence from the party crew. Rosalina joining them is also cool as well.

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
  • ~We're all children of the stars~
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »
So, after only knowing of 5 characters back at E3, being Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, and Bowser, it's nice to finally see more.
I had no doubt that Waluigi, Toad, and Yoshi would be back--I'm just glad to see them.
I'm really glad to see them honoring the older iterations of Mario Party and bring Donkey Kong back to the playable roster.
..And then I just love that Rosalina is playable  ;D

I'm hoping Toadette comes back, but I also hope for any of the others missing from Mario Party 9 (Kamek/Magikoopa, Shy Guy, Koopa Troopa, Birdo), but out of them, I only really expect Birdo to return..

I wonder if there'll be more newcomers...I know Spike is on the box-art.

Offline Mario_Comix

• ca 
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »
They better bring in Toadette, or they'd really be missing out on her spotlight chance! And then Birdo could come back to be paired up with Yoshi.
King Boo Carnival, Daisy's Garden, and Rosalina's Cosmic Icecap custom boards now available for download!

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
Toadette was on the Japanese bundle art.
I'd like to see Kamek, Shy Guy and Koopa Troopa in myself.

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »
Toadette is confirmed playable, guys!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82-%E3%83%9E%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AA%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A310/dp/B00S66U7YE

If you look in the various pictures, it shows...
>Toadette playable
>redone gameplay originally shown at E3
>Kamek/Magikoopa as a boss
And a few other things.

EDIT: here are a few of these pictures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:17:47 PM by tsvlink25 »

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2015, 04:18:34 AM »
Here are a few of these pictures:
This has already become my new favorite Mario Party roster! Just throw in Boo, Shy Guy, and some other character(s) to make it even and I'll be all set!
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 04:22:33 AM »
Here are a few of these pictures:
This has already become my new favorite Mario Party roster! Just throw in Boo, Shy Guy, and some other character(s) to make it even and I'll be all set!
Doubt Shy Guy will be playable now that we see more of the game. There are multiple Shy Guys everywhere, in boards and mini-games (mostly mini-games), and they're in the default red color, so it doesn't look like Shy Guy is making the cut.

But I do hope Boo is playable.

Offline charles109

• us 
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 10:53:50 PM »
I want to see Wiggler, Boo, Toadette, Diddy Kong, Rosalina, and Toadsworth as playable characters.

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »
I want to see Wiggler, Boo, Toadette, Diddy Kong, Rosalina, and Toadsworth as playable characters.

Toadette and Rosalina are already confirmed!  ;D

Part of me wishes to see Captain Toad, or at least a Captain Toad costume for normal Toad, but I highly doubt it.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 05:14:43 AM »
This is already looking to be one of the best rosters so far in my opinion. All character choices thus far are perfect. A huge improvement on Mario Party 9's lacklustre atrocity. It also looks as if Spike will be playable, which is okay.

Characters I'd like to see now are:
-Boo: Them noises.
-Shy Guy: Brings humour.
-Dry Bones: So much better than Koopa. :|
-Bowser Jr.: It would be great seeing Bowser beat up his son. =p
-Goomba: If Koopa can be playable, why not Goomba? He's already used a baseball bat.
-Nabbit: When Nabbit is playable, Alfonzo takes his role?
-Diddy Kong: Don't particularly like him but others do and he would undeniably be a good choice.
-Link: Now that Rosalina's in the roster, the only characters that can be added for the most part are generic enemies. He made MK8, why not Mario Party? He's popular enough.
-Coloured characters: I don't want to see green Yoshi's all the time when I can have a variety. That goes for Shy Guy, and possibly Toad too.

I'd like to see a large roster in general, but this isn't particularly important especially looking at how perfect the roster already is now. Unless of course they finally have online in which case large rosters are always best. I do have a feeling we've seen most of the roster already, though.

What I don't want to see:
-Kamek: so boring, like Koopa but isn't nearly as iconic, especially when the roster is small and/or it replaces the best Koopa Dry Bones.
-Both Koopa and Paratroopa in the same roster. I mean, really?
-Birdo: but it wouldn't be a disaster if it returned.
-All 7 Koopalings. Please no.
-Guest characters from DK that are not Diddy Kong.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:27:08 AM by Toblet »

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 10:26:10 AM »

-Coloured characters: I don't want to see green Yoshi's all the time when I can have a variety. That goes for Shy Guy, and possibly Toad too.

I really like this idea--alternate costumes and colors for various characters?

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »

I really like this idea--alternate costumes and colors for various characters?
It would be fantastic. I'm sure many people would like to play Tanooki Mario, Pony-tail Peach and Daisy in her sports outfit. I don't think they'd actually do it though which is a shame.

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 02:01:18 PM »
It would be fantastic. I'm sure many people would like to play Tanooki Mario, Pony-tail Peach and Daisy in her sports outfit. I don't think they'd actually do it though which is a shame.

Perhaps cheap DLC packs in the future if the game does good enough could enable costumes as well as other additional features.