Poll

What / Which board maps gets on your last nerves?

Mushroom Park
Haunted Trail
Whimsical Waters
Airship Central
Chaos Castle

Author Topic: Worse Board Map  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
Worse Board Map
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:11:26 PM »
Which board map grinds your gears when you play it? Personally, Chaos Castle isn't bad but that's if you have a 0-1 Dice Block and land on shuffle to where its not your turn all the time. Basicamente, if you don't move, you're safe. Whimsical Waters I'm just blatantly unlucky on that board map...

Offline AdmiralSol

• Just Average Gamer
  • Awe, It's adorable~
  • us 
Re: Worse Board Map
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:31:35 PM »
I voted for Chaos Castle, because of that ending area... strictly for that ending area.

Though, I'm not to lucky with Whimsical Waters either, everyone else got the Jackpot at least once, (or in my cousins case, each time she went). I've only gotten the dice blocks.

Offline Some Edgy Wii U Fan

• :D
  • We really need more active users
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:09:40 PM »
Chaos Castle. It's pretty obvious why I chose that board.
Meh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »
Oh I voted for chaos castle. That board just looks not cool (literally :P)

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
We all can agree that the ending is so messed up. To have to roll a 2 or 5 for safety is total BS...

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 04:35:18 PM »
Haunted Woods.

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
Chaos Castle. The ending was too luck-based; I went from 87 stars to 9 stars in that section. :/

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »
Chaos Castle. The ending was too luck-based; I went from 87 stars to 9 stars in that section. :/

WTF 9!? I had won with 112 ms when playing with my mom... One time all CPUs had <10 ms while I had 50 lol

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 04:03:27 AM »

WTF 9!? I had won with 112 ms when playing with my mom... One time all CPUs had <10 ms while I had 50 lol
That is SO crazy! I was playing with 1 other cpu btw  :P

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 08:03:59 AM »
Yeah, there's a general consensus here...Chaos Castle's ending just ruins it completely. It can nullify everything you've done up to that point, and the fact it's right at the end means if you drop stars there, chances are you're done for. If only it was just like 10-15 ministars a hit instead of half.
Seriously, I hate how many "half your ministars" situations are in this game. It's ridiculous...

The storm cloud section of Airship Central is almost as bad, however that's halfway into the board, meaning you can recover, and it's always a 33% chance of having it happen, rather than say that chance possibly jumping to 50% or even 67% on Chaos Castle, and special dice blocks are much more likely to grant you one-turn immunities there. The rest of that board is quite nice too.
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »
Chaos Castle, not because I don't like it as a board, but because of the final part - the one where Bowser shoots fireballs at you. I know MP10 is mostly luck-based, but that's way too luck-based :P.

Offline AquaYoshi

• Explorer of the Oceans and Stars
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 05:51:09 PM »
I think the airships one. Nothing is more fun then seeing an 8 second cutscene after everyone has gone! However I must applaud this map for it's creativity. 3 huge gimmicks in one map.
Thanks for reading my post! Hope you enjoy the next!

Offline TayvieNoon

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »
I found Mushroom Park to be my least favorite, it was a bit vanilla. Chaos Castle kept me, my fianc, and my sister on our toes even though my fianc won with 94 and everyone else had 50 <. We're more of a chaotic group I guess. :D

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »
The 3 last ones!
The water one is SO luck-based! Just because of theses treasure chests!! Stupid 20 Ministars price...  :( I also hate the music of this event...
The Airship one is really luck-based too because of the airship and...Well just the airship because of also the big 10 Ministars bonus for the last hit i can never get...
And Bowser.. Because.. Everyone knows why anyway... Also Mecha-Koopa minigame comes from there so one more reason!

...It's sad that out of 5,3 of them are too much luck-based to me  :( Mario Party 9 did a better job for the boards (And is a better game to me too)

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »
Voted for Chaos Castle :) Geez that castle sure is unfair