Author Topic: Mario Party 10  (Read 12432 times)

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
Re: Mario Party 10
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 05:32:55 PM »
I just wish they knew everyone enjoyed 1-8 over 9.
Thank you for speaking for every single gamer in the world, dude.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline johno1995

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 05:59:12 PM »
Am I the only person who vastly enjoyed 9 over 8 and 7, 8 in particular?

8 felt extremely lazy. I actually had fun with 9, and I enjoyed the differences. That said, I would appreciate a mix of "classic" MP and the new car MP, especially for a milestone game such as 10.

Playable list (my hopes):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Boo
Kamek
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:06:38 PM by johno1995 »

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »

Yes. Mario Party 9 made decisions that shouldn't have been made (Including that car and now the goal is collecting Mini-stars). I enjoyed MP8 & 7 much more, plus 7 had a 8-player mode. As for Island Tour, just a few small boards and the same stupid objective of collecting mini-stars.

For those who were wondering what happened to Hudson Soft, most of the staff that made MP went over to ND cube, which made MP 9, 10, and Island Tour. Everything else was bought by Konami and merged into their company.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline johno1995

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 06:12:39 PM »

Yes. Mario Party 9 made decisions that shouldn't have been made (Including that car and now the goal is collecting Mini-stars). I enjoyed MP8 & 7 much more, plus 7 had a 8-player mode. As for Island Tour, just a few small boards and the same stupid objective of collecting mini-stars.

For those who were wondering what happened to Hudson Soft, most of the staff that made MP went over to ND cube, which made MP 9, 10, and Island Tour. Everything else was bought by Konami and merged into their company.

"Yes"? I'm sure I'm not the only one...

I think Mario Party 9 was fun, my family and friends and I enjoyed it together. 8 was definitely the worst Mario Party by far imo - terrible graphics, presentation and controls. The minigames were boring. It was just a lazy mess.

But this isn't about MP9 or any other game, this topic is about MP10 and imo what I've seen so far has been great. The minigames look fun and the Bowser Party mode looks like it'll be great for parties!

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »

"Yes"? I'm sure I'm not the only one...

I think Mario Party 9 was fun, my family and friends and I enjoyed it together. 8 was definitely the worst Mario Party by far imo - terrible graphics, presentation and controls. The minigames were boring. It was just a lazy mess.

But this isn't about MP9 or any other game, this topic is about MP10 and imo what I've seen so far has been great. The minigames look fun and the Bowser Party mode looks like it'll be great for parties!

On topic, Mario Party 10 looks like a OK game. Hopefully ND Cube will make everyone happy and add a "Classic Mode" for those who haven't gotten used to the new version (including me.) I don't like the whole car idea. Something about it makes me have a headache, which is why I still haven't finished MP9.

Off topic, Mario Party 9 (As I stated earlier) gives me a headache. Was re implementing the car idea from Mario Party Advance a good idea? MP8 is a decent game. I think it's a mixed opinion thing. Some people like it and some people hate it. Like Super Mario Sunshine.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2014, 02:20:25 AM »
@johno Mario Party 9 is one of my favorite Mario Party games. I thought it was great so no you're not the only one.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2014, 02:30:39 AM »

8 felt extremely lazy. I actually had fun with 9, and I enjoyed the differences. That said, I would appreciate a mix of "classic" MP and the new car MP, especially for a milestone game such as 10.

Playable list (my hopes):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Boo
Kamek
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
The five characters in bold are already confirmed playable. Yoshi is definitely playable, even though no footage of Yoshi were shown. Just the artwork, though sometimes it doesn't mean it may be playable, but Yoshi will be anyway since he's there in every Mario Party game to date.

Mario Party 9 was a nice change, and everything worked good, but it is understandable why everyone didn't like the car mechanic. The mini-games, however, were amazing. Mario Party 8 felt more of a GameCube Mario Party.

I played Mario Party 10 at E3 2014 last week, and the mini-games I played were great. They were executed well, especially as Bowser for the GamePad. All the mini-games were very easy to play, although Bowser's Bad Breath as the one avoiding the flame bars were kind of difficult for me. Maybe I was just bad at dodging them or the player with the GamePad was just good at when to move the fire bars.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2014, 04:29:22 AM »
I like the car mechanic so can we stop acting like it was universally despised.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2014, 05:34:59 AM »
@johno Mario Party 9 is one of my favorite Mario Party games. I thought it was great, so no, you're not the only one.
I'm there with you too, and I thought I was gonna be a loner myself!-So getting MP10!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:38:22 AM by Luigidenne3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2014, 07:09:31 AM »
I just hope they have a regular mode for those that don't want the car since i'm tired of hearing everyone on here complain about it :P
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »
In my opinion, the car mechanic was not the problem of Mario Party 9, it was just how the board and events were. For instance, like the damn Captain Events, which I honestly hated. I'm fine with them using the car mechanic, just make sure the BOARD itself has more balance, like more strategy/skill and a bit less luck.

There's going to be luck regardless, it's Mario Party, but they can reduce it a bit more than MP9's level. Add items that can help you, or screw others up, like for instance, why not like a 0-1 dice block that you can give you to one of your rivals and force them to use? There's a lot they can do, and I hope they do it. MP9 wasn't a horrible game, but for me, it was frustrating with the amount of luck in the game. The Mini-Games were always good though, so I hope MP10 can have great Mini-Games as well.

But I can't help but think Nintendo looked at the let's plays of their older games and went: "Hey, let's make this game less frustrating for rookie gamers. That way, youtubers can't see people getting mad at our product."
It be funny if that was true. Especially since I've seen a lot of YouTubers (me included :P) get incredibly mad at MP9, more so than I've seen for past MP games, so Nintendo would have increased the rage LOL

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2014, 02:28:12 PM »
@Staryu "The Mini-Games were always good though" that is why I loved Mario Party 9. I thought it had great mini-games. At the end of the day for me that is what matters, fun mini-games means you'll be having a fun time with friends.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Mario_Comix

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2014, 02:28:42 PM »
I greatly preferred the classic party mode to the car mode, but I did enjoy the car mode as "something different". Of course, including both would be the best option. Although I did find some problems with the boards in MP9, what with the "lose half your Mini Stars" or "be lucky to win" kind of factors.

For playable characters, I'd like to see:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Toadette
Boo
Nabbit
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Rosalina
Please check out my Super Mario Maker stages! They can be found in the "Super Mario Maker Community Levels" thread.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »
Every koopa kid must be playable in Bowser Party.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Nix

• Used Toon Link stare
  • It's super effective!
  • au 
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2014, 02:15:55 AM »
I didn't absolutely hate the car mode, I just don't think I enjoyed it as much as I would've enjoyed the classic mode. But like I said before, Bowser Party is a perfect fit for the car mode. Also, Mario Party 9 did have some amazing mini games.